Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Darrelle Revis the Lion???

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-source

The Jets are trying to shop Revis. I think a good trade for him would be:
    Jets get: Titus Young, 2013 5th and 7th round pick, and 2014 2nd and 4th round pick
    Lions get: Darrelle Revis and a 2013 7th round pick.

Jets need a reciever and don't think they can resign Revis after next year. We might not have the money either. We would be giving a big contract to Suh that offseason and I don't know if the money is there but Revis is a different kind of player. He instantly makes and average defense into one of the best. He can seal off half the field by himself. We would not need Houston or any expensive pass rushers cause Revis is the one corner in the league who can make a defense that much better. If the money is there I say do it. If we did I would like to trade down like I have suggested before with the Jets and then again with the Rams to get and extra first from the Rams and extra second and a fourth and then draft Vaccaro, then Ried, then Barrett Jones, then Alex Okafor, then Robert Woods. That defense would look sick, especially that secondary (Revis, Ried, Vaccaro, Bently).

vCash
    Shaun Hill, Cliff Avril (Sign & Trade), and our comp 4th round pick to the Jets for Revis. Hill gives them a viable option for QB, Avril fits their scheme, and Revis fills our need at CB. The money matches up fairly well, we can cut Raiola, Peterman, and KVB, and re-structure Stafford and Suh. Re-sign Revis to a 5-6 year deal. Draft Werner, Jones, and Frederick.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    Shaun Hill, Cliff Avril (Sign & Trade), and our comp 4th round pick to the Jets for Revis. Hill gives them a viable option for QB, Avril fits their scheme, and Revis fills our need at CB. The money matches up fairly well, we can cut Raiola, Peterman, and KVB, and re-structure Stafford and Suh. Re-sign Revis to a 5-6 year deal. Draft Werner, Jones, and Frederick.
    You cannot trade comp picks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    You cannot trade comp picks
    how bout a 5th and 7th then?
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    As bad as we need a CB, there is no way we could afford him.

With his age, declining performance and frequent injuries, I don't see anyone paying any more than a 2nd and a 5th for him.

I would just say a 2nd round pick should do it.

Lets say for some reason we did have a shot at him.......swapping 1st round picks with the Jets (5th for 9th overall) is where I would start. That would be the equivalent of a 2nd round pick; then add a 5th rounder. Any more than that, I wouldn't think it would be worth it
    Last edited by mc18641; 01-23-2013 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Jesus at these offers. Revis is the best corner in the game without a doubt and you think these offers will get him.

We don't have cap space as far as I know anyways.

vCash
    1st or 2nd is the starting point for all Revis trade discussions.

vCash
    not even worth talking about. we're not in position to give up a bunch for a single player when we have so many other holes on the team to fill too, and we dont have the cap space anyways.

/thread
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    As bad as we need a CB, there is no way we could afford him.

With his age, declining performance and frequent injuries, I don't see anyone paying any more than a 2nd and a 5th for him.

I would just say a 2nd round pick should do it.

Lets say for some reason we did have a shot at him.......swapping 1st round picks with the Jets (5th for 9th overall) is where I would start. That would be the equivalent of a 2nd round pick; then add a 5th rounder. Any more than that, I wouldn't think it would be worth it

Declining: Laughable. Quite clearly the best corner in the game and has been for awhile now.

Injuries: As far as I know, last year was his only serious injury unless I'm missing something.

I think the Jets would laugh at your offer. Swap 1sts and a 5th? Really? You think that's the absolute best they could get?

vCash
    Reports have come out that the Jets are shopping Darrelle Revis. Would you guys give up Shaun Hill, Titus Young, Cliff Avril (Sign & Trade), a 5th, and 7th for him and a 6th? The money matches up as Avril would get probably around 12 mil, Hill 3 mil, and Titus 2 mil, and Revis is set to make a shade over 16 mil next year. We could attempt to re-sign him next season after cuts and re-structuring deals, and if not at least he bought us time at the CB spot with a lockdown for a year at the expense of giving up a lot of guys that otherwise wouldn't contribute to us or even be on our roster, and that's 16 mil off the books in 2014. If that deal went down, I was thinking cut Peterman, Raiola, and KVB, and draft Werner, Jones, Frederick, Thomas, Gillislee, and Wing, and Sturgis. The cuts and re-structures allow us to re-sign either Levy or Durant, Delmas, Houston, and possibly sign Michael Johnson.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Jesus at these offers. Revis is the best corner in the game without a doubt and you think these offers will get him.

We don't have cap space as far as I know anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    1st or 2nd is the starting point for all Revis trade discussions.
    No player is ever traded for a first anymore. Vontae Davis was severly overpaided for with a second and another from the Colts. Cromartie however only took a fourth rounder and he made the pro bowl. Something in there can get Revis. Plus they are a team that might take a chance on Titus Young.

In terms of cap space he would only cost us 6 million next year. Houston will demand around the same anyway. Once Stafford and Suh get new deals we will have around 15-20 million in extra space. Along with Avril, KVB, Burleson, Hill, Rioala, Peterman, Backus, and Best of the payroll We would be able to pay Revis. I don't think he will demand the 15 million Nnamdi Asomugha got or Carr 14.3 million. I think even he knows those are massive overpays. We can afford 10-12 million a year which he would probably take. If the contract is front loaded we can afford him. Calvins money is all in the middle of the eight years. Stafford should be backloaded along with Suh. We can afford him, the only question is will Mayhew pull the trigger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    Reports have come out that the Jets are shopping Darrelle Revis. Would you guys give up Shaun Hill, Titus Young, Cliff Avril (Sign & Trade), a 5th, and 7th for him and a 6th? The money matches up as Avril would get probably around 12 mil, Hill 3 mil, and Titus 2 mil, and Revis is set to make a shade over 16 mil next year. We could attempt to re-sign him next season after cuts and re-structuring deals, and if not at least he bought us time at the CB spot with a lockdown for a year at the expense of giving up a lot of guys that otherwise wouldn't contribute to us or even be on our roster, and that's 16 mil off the books in 2014. If that deal went down, I was thinking cut Peterman, Raiola, and KVB, and draft Werner, Jones, Frederick, Thomas, Gillislee, and Wing, and Sturgis. The cuts and re-structures allow us to re-sign either Levy or Durant, Delmas, Houston, and possibly sign Michael Johnson.
    A back up QB, a head case WR, a DE that will cost too much (and the whole reason they're trading Revis is to get their salary cap "in order") and a few late round picks. Why would the Jets do this deal?

Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    No player is ever traded for a first anymore. Vontae Davis was severly overpaided for with a second and another from the Colts. Cromartie however only took a fourth rounder and he made the pro bowl. Something in there can get Revis. Plus they are a team that might take a chance on Titus Young.

In terms of cap space he would only cost us 6 million next year. Houston will demand around the same anyway. Once Stafford and Suh get new deals we will have around 15-20 million in extra space. Along with Avril, KVB, Burleson, Hill, Rioala, Peterman, Backus, and Best of the payroll We would be able to pay Revis. I don't think he will demand the 15 million Nnamdi Asomugha got or Carr 14.3 million. I think even he knows those are massive overpays. We can afford 10-12 million a year which he would probably take. If the contract is front loaded we can afford him. Calvins money is all in the middle of the eight years. Stafford should be backloaded along with Suh. We can afford him, the only question is will Mayhew pull the trigger.
    Doesn't matter if you think the Colts overpaid. If Vontae Davis netted a team a 2nd round pick, Darrelle Revis would net the Jets a 1st rounder without a doubt or at least cheap, up and coming players.

vCash
    Revis is declining , injured & only wants bank. No thanks.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Revis is declining , injured & only wants bank. No thanks.
    Is CJ declining? They are the same age afterall..

But LOL @ these trades.. get real guys.. Lets trade everyone we dont want for someone that they would love to keep but they know he wont resign on a plunging team..

The whole point of trading Revis is to improve the future so they dont lose him for NOTHING, What most of you are offering in trade is WORSE than NOTHING because they are in the same cap situation they were with a 5th round pick and shaun hill to boot! YAY
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 01-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Will anyone trade me Madden 13 for Madden 06, Madden 07, Madden 08, and Madden 09?? The Price equals out at game stop.. They are all 15bux each and Madden 13 is 60$

Off-season Sucks

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast