Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Re-Development of the area surrounding Tuner Field

It is a fun and interesting spacial plan that would be more fitting of urbanplanet.com, but the plans around Turner Field could have a HUGE impact on the in game experience as well as the finances on the team.

Edit: I can't believe i spelled Turner wrong, lol.
    Last edited by CaseyRyback; 01-23-2013 at 10:54 PM.

vCash
    Bt this and adding Justin Upton would be HUGE for the Braves!

vCash
    Link?

vCash

vCash
    That would be extremely cool! Outside of Turner today is boring and shady at best; and getting to and out of games is a pain. This plan looks similar to the "lodo" and "ballpark district" in Denver. A million places to walk before and after games. Could do wonders for the team.

vCash
    I think I agree with Casey that North American Properties has the best one. I wonder if they will alter the shuttle once they decide, coordinated talks between the team, the city, and MARTA officials for something different. They are usually packed regardless but I still see a lot of non-resident fans very confused trying to navigate the area once they get downtown.

vCash
    The thing I don't get about these plans... where's everybody going to park?

vCash
    I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar
    The thing I don't get about these plans... where's everybody going to park?
    Check the expanded image on the article:

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/l...rner_field.JPG

For the NAP proposal, it's the the grey area on the right side, plus adding parking decks/structure parking for the residential and stadium. Based on location alone, I think it would be a gold mine for creative entrepreneurs if the residential area is done correctly.

vCash
    this is a fantastic idea. i wish it would have been much sooner, but it's great for the city. there's some really neat stuff in downtown atlanta and it's awesome they want to bring some of that closer to the park.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    Love it man ! I don't have a hard time because I used to have to drive through downtown every week, but it's difficult to get to the field and parking if you've never been before. Shops and hotels would be awesome right by the field. Hell, I'd probably spend the night at one and spend all day on a Saturday around the Ted. I just live 52 miles from there.

vCash
    Think the prudent move would be to relocate outside of the city in a more accessible site. West side preferably, Conyers area maybe.
    Gonna miss the Magician
    Just another tricky day for you.

vCash
    Most modern ballparks have extremely effective parking decks with exits after games that are engineered to be a much quicker leave than even the current surface lots we have now. From a tailgaiting perspective it would only be slightly worse. A modern well designed parking deck can have enough light and high enough cielings to not have to worry about ambient light (A la Marlins park), plus the added bars and restaurants that would be hotspots after and before games, and hopefully year round (although I think it would be more dangerous during the week due to the clientele around Turner).

MARTA connections are more important to me than even any of these projects- as great as they would be.

I think you will see a modernization around Philips and the new Dome AND Turner Field. This should be an exciting 5-7 years for Atlanta sports fans , not only on the field, but on the fields around their buildings.