Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the Mets have a valid chance of winning this argument, this is the first year of the new rules, so I can see baseball being willing to "tweak" the rules. Making sure the bottom 10 teams having their picks protected (just last year it was the bottom 15) should be important, and the Mets were a bottom 10 team in 2012.

I think all the chatter involving the Mets and Bourn the past couple of days could mean they feel it could go their way. This is probably what Alderson talked about being a 50-50 chance last week when he talked to Francesa.

vCash
    I too hope this gets changed. It's not fair.

vCash
    Kudos again to Sandy if he finds a loophole, gets the pick protected, and then signs Bourne on the cheap. He'll probably then flip him for multiple draft picks this Fall, lol. A lot of "if's" here but I like that he's pursuing it at least.

Bourne
    Tejada
    Wright
    Davis
    Duda
    Murphy
    Buck
    Valdespin/Kirk

...not awful

vCash
    Jordany will get very little playing time, Baxter and Cowgill will get the bulk of the work against LHP.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jordany will get very little playing time, Baxter and Cowgill will get the bulk of the work against LHP.
    I think you mean Brown and Cowgill. Baxter can't hit LHP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I think you mean Brown and Cowgill. Baxter can't hit LHP.
    Yes sorry about that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Kudos again to Sandy if he finds a loophole, gets the pick protected, and then signs Bourne on the cheap. He'll probably then flip him for multiple draft picks this Fall, lol. A lot of "if's" here but I like that he's pursuing it at least.

Bourne
    Tejada
    Wright
    Davis
    Duda
    Murphy
    Buck
    Valdespin/Kirk

...not awful
    When D'Arnaud arrives, he takes the #5 spot:

Bourn
    Murphy
    Wright
    Davis
    D'Arnaud
    Duda
    [Outfielder]
    Tejada

Decent power there with the 3-6 hitters, and some speed up top in Bourn. Tejada in a more natural role at 8.

vCash
    Well isn't that a surprise for a lawyer to find a loop hole! It makes sense.. lets exploit our #10 finish, hurray!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Just thinking.

Say they get it protected. I think at this point Boras may let Bourne sign for a 1 year deal around 12 million and go test the market again next year. He is known to do that with players from time to time.

The question is would we get a pick if he left after his year is up?

Because that would be fantastic to save our 1st round this year and be able to obtain an extra one next year.

vCash
    If we somehow do get that pick protected and sign Bourn to a short term deal, this offseason will officially have been awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Just thinking.

Say they get it protected. I think at this point Boras may let Bourne sign for a 1 year deal around 12 million and go test the market again next year. He is known to do that with players from time to time.

The question is would we get a pick if he left after his year is up?

Because that would be fantastic to save our 1st round this year and be able to obtain an extra one next year.
    We would have to offer roughly 12 million, and he would have to decline it.
    And we would get a supplemental pick. 1st round picks no longer go to the team that lost the Free Agent.
    Last edited by Claymation; 01-24-2013 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    This smells like another Mets wild-goose chase. I wonder how long they will drag this out before not signing him?
    Until they get a ruling from the commissioner's office. But I'm sure they are doing this just for show. They have no real intention of signing Bourne if he became available. In fact, they know Selig won't protect the #11 pick. This is all a smokescreen by the Wilpons who would rather take Bourne's salary and put it in their pockets.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-24-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Until they get a ruling from the commissioner's office. But I'm sure they are doing this just for show. They have no real intention of signing Bourne if he became available. In fact, they know Selig won't protect the #11 pick. This is all a smokescreen by the Wilpons who would rather take Bourne's salary and put it in their pockets.
    Hey mods, I think McFly hacked into Dugmet's account. Please investigate.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    MAGOO SIGHTING IN THE METS FORUMl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast