Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    I hear some fans are already working on "Downtown Andrew Brown" signs and T-Shirts.
    Yes I hope this gives Andrew Brown the chance to become a full time player. This guy can hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    In reality, Hairston hasn't been a starting type player in his career, he had a really nice year for us last year, but losing him isn't going to affect our future. Now what I do have an issue with, is that they didn't maximize his value last year, and trade him when he was hot.

I think he's the type of guy that gets exposed playing every day, so I'm not really upset about this.

Though, this does leave us with potentially the worst outfield in basebal, presently constituted.
    We aren't going to be any good anyway, unless Sandy pulls some Rabbit out of his hat, which I seriously doubt.
    No it wouldn't. But it would have made the present more bearable.

Unless he were to stop taking his PEDs. Then it is good riddance.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    Yes I hope this gives Andrew Brown the chance to become a full time player. This guy can hit.
    Hit what? Water falling out of a boat? The neighborhood bully? His mama? Yo mama? A heckling fan? What?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Hit what? Water falling out of a boat? The neighborhood bully? His mama? Yo mama? A heckling fan? What?
    He did hit .308/.364/.597 in AAA last year with 33 2B and 24 HR in 100 games. What I've seen from him is that he's got some right-handed pop and can hit LHP. He's also better defensively than Hairston due to a strong throwing arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    He's also better defensively than Hairston due to a strong throwing arm.
    I haven't been able to find a good scouting report on him. It seem's he started out as an infielder and then moved to the outfield. I'm wondering if he has a position. But he is a good hitter.

vCash
    Braves got Justin Upton..

Wonder what they gave up..

vCash
    He did hit .308/.364/.597 in AAA last year with 33 2B and 24 HR in 100 games. What I've seen from him is that he's got some right-handed pop and can hit LHP. He's also better defensively than Hairston due to a strong throwing arm.
    Yeah. And I believe those numbers were achieved in the PCL where he also struck out 100 times. Major league pitchers are gonna love this puppy!

Good to hear about his strong throwing arm though. Maybe we can move him to the bullpen?

vCash
    I haven't been able to find a good scouting report on him. It seem's he started out as an infielder and then moved to the outfield.
    Yeah that's true.

In AAA last year, he had 15 OF assists and 3 in the majors.

Here's some clips of him showing off his arm:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...67359&c_id=mlb
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...93993&c_id=mlb
    http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...58753&c_id=mlb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yeah. And I believe those numbers were achieved in the PCL where he also struck out 100 times. Major league pitchers are gonna love this puppy!

Good to hear about his strong throwing arm though. Maybe we can move him to the bullpen?
    That's striking out in 22.8% of his PA. That's not that high for all those homers. Even in the PCL, those are still very good numbers.

vCash
    Mark Bowman ‏@mlbbowman

Source: Braves get Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from D-backs for Prado, Delgado, Ahmed and Spruill.

vCash
    Other than Prado and maybe Delgado, that isn't much. The last two guys are like Cecchini and Mazzoni.

Guess we will see if Justin Upton is overrated or not now. At least it's only for 3 years, I'd imagine Justin will leave for a much bigger contract eventually, but then again who knows?

That package isn't that much either BTW, considering Prado has one year left on his deal.

vCash
    Other than Prado and maybe Delgado, that isn't much. The last two guys are like Cecchini and Mazzoni.

Guess we will see if Justin Upton is overrated or not now. At least it's only for 3 years, I'd imagine Justin will leave for a much bigger contract eventually, but then again who knows?

That package isn't that much either BTW, considering Prado has one year left on his deal.
    True but Prado did almost triple Upton's rWAR value this year (5.4 to 2.1) and i get the impression they will re-sign him if they just gave up Upton for him.

Delgado has middle of the rotation upside too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    True but Prado did almost triple Upton's rWAR value this year (5.4 to 2.1) and i get the impression they will re-sign him if they just gave up Upton for him.

Delgado has middle of the rotation upside too.
    Yeah I like Delgado more than Teheran that's for sure. I think the Braves sold high on Prado here, even though I like him and his versatility. Though I could see Prado putting up some better numbers in Chase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by youngstuna28 View Post
    here's some clips of him showing off his arm

WWWWHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!! What an arm!!!! Put him in left field and get rid of duda!

vCash
    WWWWHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!!!! What an arm!!!! Put him in left field and get rid of duda!
    I wish. He'll likely platoon with Baxter in RF.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast