Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Revis

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,255
    vCash
    1500
    Let's put it this way if the eagles were starting the 2011 season with an often injured Michael Vick do you think they should have held on to Kolb just in case or would they have been better off with Revis. I know that is easy in retrospect, but i would rather suffer through Rex while RG3 gets healthy and landing the best DB in the game instead of holding on to Cousins who could have a few bad games and lose some of this trade value.

    My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    3,341
    vCash
    1500
    Your second best player is your backup QB, don't forget that.

    Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Your second best player is your backup QB, don't forget that.
    no, thats B.S.. derelle revis is more valuable than any back-up on any team...
    why did we get cousins??.. as insurance to RG3, which he is, and to get some trade value in the longhaul...

    this is all hypothetically speaking anyways because its not like the jets are knocking on our door waiting for cousins to make the trade..

    you are supposed to get the most value for a player while you can...eventually, cousins will be a starter in the nfl..why not get the most out of him now while its for the best defensive player in the nfl...

    you can always draft a tyler bray or Ryan Nassib in the 4th round to replace cousins..

    this team has shown it can win without RG3... if we have to play 6 games without him, derelle revis would help all the more to get wins in those 6 games

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C
    Posts
    3,341
    vCash
    1500
    Wish people had that same outlook with Orakpo. Heh.

    Redskins | Nationals | Capitals | Wizards| D.C United

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Born in NOVA, now in WV
    Posts
    245
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    no, thats B.S.. derelle revis is more valuable than any back-up on any team...
    why did we get cousins??.. as insurance to RG3, which he is, and to get some trade value in the longhaul...

    this is all hypothetically speaking anyways because its not like the jets are knocking on our door waiting for cousins to make the trade..

    you are supposed to get the most value for a player while you can...eventually, cousins will be a starter in the nfl..why not get the most out of him now while its for the best defensive player in the nfl...

    you can always draft a tyler bray or Ryan Nassib in the 4th round to replace cousins..

    this team has shown it can win without RG3... if we have to play 6 games without him, derelle revis would help all the more to get wins in those 6 games
    Nassib is a possible 1st round pick and I'm not sure Bray will last that long either.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,946
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Wish people had that same outlook with Orakpo. Heh.
    Right? Tired of living, by this double standard. But seriously. Kirk Cousins is invaluable until RG3 plays a full season.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,011
    vCash
    1500
    what a great idea trade for someone who just missed most of the season because of tearing his acl

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan900 View Post
    what a great idea trade for someone who just missed most of the season because of tearing his acl
    ok...he will have had a whole year to recover.. idk what your point is. its not a career-ending surgery...every year, major players tear acl's and come back the next year just as good...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    1500
    Trading for Revis is not a good idea in my opinion. We should continue to build the team through the draft with out bringing in spot free agents at a high cost or risk to the team. theres no way we should give of valuable draft picks for a player that is coming off of a serious knee injury, that my NOT every get back to his former self. we can not afford to lose focus on now. If your NOT getting better...than your getting worse!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    517
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    Let's put it this way if the eagles were starting the 2011 season with an often injured Michael Vick do you think they should have held on to Kolb just in case or would they have been better off with Revis. I know that is easy in retrospect, but i would rather suffer through Rex while RG3 gets healthy and landing the best DB in the game instead of holding on to Cousins who could have a few bad games and lose some of this trade value.
    NJrockPD <----- Best point

    Revis would automatically give us 1-2 more wins a season, he just would. Cousins won't win as many as RGIII. I love Cousins and I understand the logic in keeping cousins, I'm just looking at the chess peices.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,806
    vCash
    1500
    here's some food for though
    lets just say shanahan pulls off a trade like he did for champ bailey and gets revis.. in haslett's scheme, where corners are asked to do a lot of 1on1s because of the exotic blitzes, revis would be the perfect puzzle piece...

    orakpo, blitzers and kerrigan coming off the edge, and revis, wilson, and hall covering the WRs.....wouldnt that be a dream...

    what would be even more awesome is if we drafted a guy like tyrann mathiew and had him doing a lot of blitzing where he thrived and almost won the heisman on in LSU....

    my imagination is running loose again..

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    426
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by skinsfan900 View Post
    what a great idea trade for someone who just missed most of the season because of tearing his acl
    not a valid point considering the number of players who have come back from an acl and been fine. ex: Peterson and hopefully RG3.

    i would like to add that due to cap space i don't think this move is in the cards.
    Last edited by lajito64; 02-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBoost View Post
    Well, if RGIII isn't ready, you ready for Rex Grossman again? I can understand LOL.
    Id be willing to have Grossman at QB for 1/2 a season if it meant we could have Revis for the next 6 years.

    I dont think this redskins team is like the past few redskins playoff teams where they were good for 1 year then thats it. I think this team will be good for a while, and if it means trading our back up QB to land the best CB in the NFL arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and all the salary cap numbers work out, i'd do it in a heartbeat.


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Central VA
    Posts
    9,356
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    here's some food for though
    lets just say shanahan pulls off a trade like he did for champ bailey and gets revis.. in haslett's scheme, where corners are asked to do a lot of 1on1s because of the exotic blitzes, revis would be the perfect puzzle piece...

    orakpo, blitzers and kerrigan coming off the edge, and revis, wilson, and hall covering the WRs.....wouldnt that be a dream...

    what would be even more awesome is if we drafted a guy like tyrann mathiew and had him doing a lot of blitzing where he thrived and almost won the heisman on in LSU....

    my imagination is running loose again..
    If we did trade for Revis, at least 1 of wilson/hall wouldnt be on the team


    Don't Be A Lemon, Be A Rosebud!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,806
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    If we did trade for Revis, at least 1 of wilson/hall wouldnt be on the team
    if we packaged one in a deal, then yes...but, i doubt we'd just cut one them.. especially with hall wanting to take a pay-cut.. cover corners are very hard to find, and at worst, we would move hall to safety or the slot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •