Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Woody Johnson getting tired of "Rex's" circus?

I saw schefter tweet this...Woody Johnson telling people he's not as head over heels for Rex Ryan as people think. Story here.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ex-ryan-circus

vCash
    It's Woody's team so it's his circus.

vCash
    I like the fact that he supports him publicly no matter what....

It's kind of like your wife, even though at times she might be a *****, your friend at the bar will get a right hook if he ever says it.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I like the fact that he supports him publicly no matter what....

It's kind of like your wife, even though at times she might be a *****, your friend at the bar will get a right hook if he ever says it.
    LOL So true, so true.

This is a good clip and read.
    The article has some interesting points about Rex and Woody. I think it's a good thing Woody supports him publicly but I also think that this constant support with little accountability has been and organizational issue.
    (see Rex with Sanchez, Scott, Pace, Sporano...) Part of this circus is the fact that no one owns up to things. Everyone is ****ing up but all is rosy and they are all doing their jobs? Dysfunction at its finest.
    And Rex want WHAT kind of offense?
    This is going to be a very interesting off season and season.

vCash
    the amount of leaks this team has is embarassing. Ill leave it to my man Damien Woody who put it best:

"The 2012 Jets were leakier than the Titanic" And its continued into 2013...

vCash
    It is like everything else: You can put up with the "circus" when you are in the playoffs and going to the AFC Championship game. When you are 8-8 and 6-10 in back to back years, you need to zip your lips and get down to playing football and figuring out how to get better. Say what you will, 8-8 and 6-10 is the type stuff that gets people fired!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    If he isn't fond of him, tell him the new GM has the power in regards to players. Tell Rex he has input, but Izzy has final say.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    I honestly dont think Knicks are good but thats me, maybe thats cause I dont watch them they are boring to me and Nets already beat them.
    Classic DMF.....

Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    We have our foot on the Bulls throats with a gun pointed between their eyes. Now we are about to pull the trigger.
    Classic wavey......

vCash
    This upcoming season is make or break for Rex although I'm pretty sure most of us already knew that.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    This upcoming season is make or break for Rex although I'm pretty sure most of us already knew that.
    I doubt we can turn it around in one year, lets be honest here. Too many holes with limited cap, and rookie players via draft doesn't sound like a recipe for success.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I doubt we can turn it around in one year, lets be honest here. Too many holes with limited cap, and rookie players via draft doesn't sound like a recipe for success.
    I'm not necessarily talking about the end result.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by javsvt View Post
    If he isn't fond of him, tell him the new GM has the power in regards to players. Tell Rex he has input, but Izzy has final say.
    It has nothing to do with how Woody feels about Rex, but this is what he's apparently told both Rex and Idzik. The reason is about clearly defining roles for his people. The GM makes personnel decisions, and the coach is responsible for gettin the best possible performance out of them.

I also didn't see anything in that article that suggest Woody is unhappy with or growing tired of Rex. He was simply stating...these are the things about Rex that I like, and these are the things I'd like to see him improve on.

Conversations like that go on all the time behind closed doors with friends and co-workers. As long as he's telling Rex the same thing, there's nothing wrong with this.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu