Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: darelle revis

vCash
    According to ESPN New York, Darrelle Revis is "believed" to be seeking $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed on his next contract.
    For perspective, Mario Williams signed a contract last March paying him $16 million per year but with "only" $50 million guaranteed. It made him the highest paid defensive player in league history. New Jets GM John Idzik met with his All-Pro cornerback on Friday, but was noncommittal on Revis' future at his introductory press conference, which speaks volumes. The Jets only have Revis signed through 2013. Mired in the worst salary cap situation in football, the Jets simply won't be able to pay the man
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4155/darrelle-revis

Ridiculous!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Ya... no thanks.

vCash
    $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed ????? It seems anymore these guys are focusing more about being the highest paid player and nothing else. Absurd. Good luck with whoever takes that leap of faith.

vCash
    Lol, QB money....we already played a DE like a QB this past year and we all know how that worked out .
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post
    Not worth a 1 and 2, especially with an ACL injury. I'm also not sure he would be a good fit with the young players on this team, as I don't see him being a team leader like Reggie or Redding. I say pass and find another CB in FA or the draft.
    Revis Island would be a perfect fit on this team. Jets may be sending smoke signals with the 1st and 2nd. As is Revis putting up a steep demand. He probably just wants out of that jet mess soon as possible. If we front load the deal it would be just like replacing Freeney's contract and freeing up space in 2016 to extend Luck to a max contract. We are CAN afford him.
    As for him not being a leader, what are you basing that off of? Your personal opinion from watching him on TV? Im pretty sure any young player would look up to the best corner in the league. He is rehabbing frantically to be able to show teams he isn't an injury risk. The secondary is actually one of our few areas where have vets. Pagano is the leader of this team anyways! Davis and AB are would shutdown one side and we would be able to have our SS play in for run support. Revis makes the whole defense better and was arguably the best defensive player in the league and he will be again. I say Revis Island is worth every risk!

Teammate Antonio Cromartie, who emerged as a shutdown cornerback in Revis' absence and was named to the Pro Bowl this season, told NFL.com from Hawaii: "We can't lose a guy like him. He's a great leader in the locker room and also in our [defensive backs] room, making sure that guys are accountable for each other. To lose a guy like that would be huge. And even though he's coming off the surgery, I believe he'll come back as strong as ever."
    Last edited by ponderingpluto; 01-27-2013 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltsfreak View Post
    $16 million annually and $60 million guaranteed ????? It seems anymore these guys are focusing more about being the highest paid player and nothing else. Absurd. Good luck with whoever takes that leap of faith.
    Agreed.

#iubb

vCash
    I don't see a need to pay Revis 16 million when someone like Sean Smith could be got at around 7 and Davis' extension probably will be around there. So we can pay both our starting CBs 14-18 or pay that for one guy...even before you take into account that he is coming off an ACL injury it isn't a smart move.

vCash
    Revis is a self centered, me first kind of guy and about as far from a team player as you can get.

He's not somebody I'd want on this team, and I doubt he's a Grigson or Pagano type,of guy either

vCash
    Revis is a self centered, me first kind of guy and about as far from a team player as you can get.

He's not somebody I'd want on this team, and I doubt he's a Grigson or Pagano type,of guy either

vCash
    So what you're saying is that Revis is a self centered, me first kind of guy and about as far from a team player as you can get?

And that he's not somebody I'd want on this team, and I doubt he's a Grigson or Pagano type,of guy either?

#iubb

vCash
    Im sure the best corner in the league isn't a pagano or grigson guy lol! If you failed to read the quote i posted from Cromartie it says he was great in the locker room and spent time in the film room making sure guys are accountable for each other. If you based players on their contract demands then you might as well call PM self centered and not a team player. I hope you guys realize that we are one of the only teams in position to make this deal, because of our cap space, and dont be surprised if we pull the trigger. Revis' contract WILL NOT cripple our future and you will all be thrilled if we do end up getting him!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ponderingpluto View Post
    Im sure the best corner in the league isn't a pagano or grigson guy lol! If you failed to read the quote i posted from Cromartie it says he was great in the locker room and spent time in the film room making sure guys are accountable for each other. If you based players on their contract demands then you might as well call PM self centered and not a team player. I hope you guys realize that we are one of the only teams in position to make this deal, because of our cap space, and dont be surprised if we pull the trigger. Revis' contract WILL NOT cripple our future and you will all be thrilled if we do end up getting him!
    No I think your wrong here. If Revis holds to his insane contract demands and the Jets hold to their's he will be a Jet next season. No team is going to pay him top 5 in the league money coming off of an injury and an extension would be all but required for a trade to happen. There are far more pressing matters than paying top dollar for a #2 CB with Davis already filling the #1 spot. Only after filling slots at OL, D-Line, and probably #2 WR are they going to look at filling the secondary spot.

Not saying it won't/doesn't need to be done but they are not in need of a #1 CB. Only way I see this happening is if the asking price on both sides comes down and Grigson continues to be a master at filling the team's holes with talent while leaving enough cap space to fit Revis leave enough flexibility to keep out of cap space hell. That is a lot to ask and a lot more than I think is going to happen in order for Revis to be brought in. Then you have to look at what the Colt's have to offer the Jets in trade especially already missing a 2nd round pick. I don't see them giving up their #1 pick this season. So right there your looking at most a 3rd round pick for Revis for this years draft and the Jets are no doubt going to want more than that and probably soon. They aren't in a position to wait a couple years to get all of the picks back in a trade. They need them to fill slots on their team with cheap young talent to help get them out of cap space hell. So while the Colts do have the room they simply have to many other more pressing needs ahead of them before worrying about a guy like Revis.

vCash
    ^Just to add...they would have no reason to trade him for anything less than a 2nd rounder. Unless something seriously happens to him next year if they keep him and let his contract expire won't they be almost a lock to get a 3rd round compensatory pick when he signs somewhere as a FA?
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-28-2013 at 10:39 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    So what you're saying is that Revis is a self centered, me first kind of guy and about as far from a team player as you can get?

And that he's not somebody I'd want on this team, and I doubt he's a Grigson or Pagano type,of guy either?

Why yes that's what I'm saying......

I read and hear about him all the time in New York sports pages, radio talk shows, other media outlets

I live in NY, I'm subjected to this info all of the time.

From the info readily available though, do you believe that a guy who is consistently either holding out or trying to hold out for more money is a team oriented guy..........or a me first guy....

vCash
    I assume you're familiar with Cromartie and his intelligence level, yes?

A dog turd would appear to be a great leader and role model to Cromartie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast