Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: darelle revis

vCash
    My main concerns are what does he want...and I guess what do they want for him? Does he still want to be paid like Al Davis is still handing out ridiculous contracts to CBs or have his demands come back to earth? Are they wanting to receive a package like he is the top corner in the NFL or do they realize that his looming contract and surgery have taken him down a notch on the market?

Just for fun you also have to wonder if we could get Asomough if Philly cuts him. He is due 15 million and they will only take a 4 million hit to cut him....I don't think his next contract will be anywhere even in that neighborhood if he is cut. In Philly he looked pretty bad...but so did everyone else in phillly.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 01-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind trading for him tbh. I guarantee you he'd cost less than you think. Jets have zero leverage and Revis is coming off ACL surgery. Offer up something like a future 2nd and this years third and I think we'd be in business.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    This years 3rd and a conditional future 2nd based on performance would be ok. Other than that it wouldn't be worth it imo
    Your perception of the obvious is OUTSTANDING!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    After thinking more about it, I'd prefer to pass. Like someone mentioned above, we would need to lock him up long-term upon arrival. But I'd rather look to addressing the O-Line first, Vontae going forward will be our no.1 guy, it would be neat to have two legit no.1 corners playing next to each other but my guess is Grigson addresses O-Line first with top talent then Secondary.
    Right with Vontae and Revis' contract situations it wouldn't be too wise to go after Revis at this time.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    I don't want revis. He's gonna want 15 mil or more on his new deal and that's way too much for us to be paying one player when we have so many other holes to fill. We're gonna have to resign Vontae too. O-line is the most important part. If revis was cheaper I'd be all for it bc he and Vontae would be fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jkp777 View Post
    I don't want revis. He's gonna want 15 mil or more on his new deal and that's way too much for us to be paying one player when we have so many other holes to fill. We're gonna have to resign Vontae too. O-line is the most important part. If revis was cheaper I'd be all for it bc he and Vontae would be fun to watch.
    I agree with this. Thing Revis is going to have to understand is nobody is going to give him that kind of money especially coming of a torn ACL. It is one thing to want top 5 CB money but quite another to want top 5 in the NFL money. He just won't get it from anyone.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century – that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Right with Vontae and Revis' contract situations it wouldn't be too wise to go after Revis at this time.
    This is why I would go after Talib in NE. He and Vontae wouldn't kill the bank and would by a great pairing IMO.

Plus I always like making NE weaker when possible.

vCash
    If you could sign revis to a top 5 DB contract, i'd be okay with a trade that included a 1st and 3rd because i'm personally not too worried about the ACL injury. You look at the way the SF and Baltimore are build (same with Seattle) and I think improving our defense has to be a priority. Use other picks to improve the O-line, maybe trade Dwight if you can. Grigson and Irsay will want to make their "mark" on defense like they did with Luck on offense. Revis provides that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dash86 View Post
    If you could sign revis to a top 5 DB contract, i'd be okay with a trade that included a 1st and 3rd because i'm personally not too worried about the ACL injury. You look at the way the SF and Baltimore are build (same with Seattle) and I think improving our defense has to be a priority. Use other picks to improve the O-line, maybe trade Dwight if you can. Grigson and Irsay will want to make their "mark" on defense like they did with Luck on offense. Revis provides that.
    Freeney is a UFA....so highly doubt we franchise and trade him. He will walk to somewhere that plays a straight 4-3.

vCash
    Apparently Indianapolis was the third team on an ESPN insider article about possible fits for Revis.

vCash
    Jets asking for a 1st and 2nd(which we obv don't have) and I wouldn't want to do that trade even if we did have a 2nd.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Jets asking for a 1st and 2nd(which we obv don't have) and I wouldn't want to do that trade even if we did have a 2nd.
    Not worth a 1 and 2, especially with an ACL injury. I'm also not sure he would be a good fit with the young players on this team, as I don't see him being a team leader like Reggie or Redding. I say pass and find another CB in FA or the draft.

vCash
    Xavier Rhodes ray:. Too bad he wont last long enough.

vCash
    The ACL I'm not to worried about that but, to be asking for a 1st & 2nd rounder...umm nope to high of a price tag to me. No doubt if Revis were to return to pre injury form watching him and Davis on the same field would be terrific.

But, a 1st & 2nd rounder is just to much to be asking at this point. Talib, Rodgers-Cromartie & Mike Jenkins may all very well be out there. The Colts did explore options regarding Jenkins once before so who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Xavier Rhodes ray:. Too bad he wont last long enough.
    Walter Football has Rhodes going in round 2... not sure about other publications though.

#3in5

<3

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast