Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    It is more of a crime to wear baggy socks $10.5 K than kick someone in the nuts $10 K?

The world has clearly turned upside down!
    I think the NFL has a strict dress code?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    he stomped on a dude

has had like 20 driving incidents

multiple dirty hits on qb's
    ohhh, I remember his rookie year he flung a qb down by the helmet. Ok, that was dangerous. Nothing else really was, just little ***** moves on his part
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Dcup is offline In loving memory..Hawkeye
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    It is more of a crime to wear baggy socks $10.5 K than kick someone in the nuts $10 K?

The world has clearly turned upside down!
    Gestapo Goodell.
    If I facepalmed any harder I would have cracked my own skull.

vCash
    Pretty sure Brady personally apologized to Reed after the game.

Also the amount of the fine is irrelevant because they league is just trying to send a message to Brady (and other players and coaches around the league) that this type of play is to be avoided. He has plenty of money and no fine would really effect him. If a rookie QB does this in a game and gets fined a lot it could really hurt his finances.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 01-23-2013 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Pretty sure Brady personally apologized to Reed after the game.

Also the amount of the fine is irrelevant because they league is just trying to send a message to Brady (and other players and coaches around the league) that this type of play is to be avoided. He has plenty of money and no fine would really effect him. If a rookie QB does this in a game and gets fined a lot it could really hurt his finances.
    Oh my. What has this world come to when twitter is considered a form of personal apology?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Oh my. What has this world come to when twitter is considered a form of personal apology?
    you realize he CALLED him? TB doesn't even have a twitter....
    Last edited by grandsalami; 01-23-2013 at 11:36 PM.

vCash
    Brady's actually lucky he didn't tear his own knee up on the play, it was an awkward angle at impact.

The standards are set on the uniform violations and the players know the precise consequences. Gore essentially said 'wtf is 10 K'

vCash
    Not nearly enough...The intent was there but it was a first offense so I guess there is that.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    i was watching some of the NFL Replay on NFL Network and caught that play. Brady actually apologized to Reed shortly after it happened right on the field (at 4 seconds left in the half, then during the timeout he went over to Reed) So, he obviously knew what he did was wrong. Fine him, yes. Suspend, no. but the fine should of been more than what Gore got for his socks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    you realize he CALLED him? TB doesn't even have a twitter....
    My bad. He didn't apologize by tweeter. He apologized by text. Reed was the class act who actually dialed a phone number.

He actually reached out to me, texted me. I tried to text him back, but the message exploded after 12 seconds, so I had to call him
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...dys-kick-slide
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 01-24-2013 at 12:28 AM.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    10 K for a near kick to someones manhood
    10.5 K for floppy socks!

I see what you did there Mr. Goodell.

Wait no i dont, what did you do there?

vCash
    Him saying sorry doesnt make it ok.... He still clearly did it on purprose and it was likely do to frustration and that deserves some kind of slap on the wrist....Did he deserve more? Probably but everyone thinking he would get suspended is fooling themselves. Its Tom Brady....He plays QB.... Unless a QB takes off his helmet and ****s someone up with it they will not be suspended because they are coddled. Its not just Brady but the position in general

And dont give me that suh ********...Suh has a track record.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    10 K for a near kick to someones manhood
    10.5 K for floppy socks!

I see what you did there Mr. Goodell.

Wait no i dont, what did you do there?
    I'm not sure why this matters, or why the two are even related. The question is never "well what about THAT guy? He did [x]..." The question is always, "does the punishment fit the crime?" Each punishment would then be evaluated on its own terms, based on a starting, understood criteria.

We can dislike that sock-height is an issue which the league deems worthy to be part of a uniform policy, but the reality is that for a known, willful violation of company uniform policy on a work-day resulting in a $10,500 fine for a guy whose daily wages are $16,000.... the answer is a resounding "yes." The punishment most certainly fits the crime.

Then, separately, with no relation to the Frank Gore incident, we have a player sliding with his cleats up at the legs of a defender, which is clearly a violation of Rule 12 of the NFL's Rules. First-time offenders have generally received fines between $7-15k depending upon the severity of the infraction and the perceived intent to injure or cause harm.

The first question is whether or not these first-time offenses should receive steeper penalties. The League and the NFLPA seem to have agreed that these are, at the very least, agreeable. Just as they've agreed to other rules (ie, uniform policy). What I find particularly odd is the fact that the general reaction to such fines for violations of Rule 12 are almost always that they are too steep. Yet, suddenly, because it is less than the penalty of a completely unrelated rule violation, people are up in arms that it isn't steep enough?

Considering there seemed to be no intent to injure and Brady is a first-time offender, and that this is far more benign than blows to a player's head or neck, it would seem that $10k instead of $8k suffices.

Who cares what Frank Gore got fined for something completely unrelated?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    I'm not sure why this matters, or why the two are even related. The question is never "well what about THAT guy? He did [x]..." The question is always, "does the punishment fit the crime?" Each punishment would then be evaluated on its own terms, based on a starting, understood criteria.

We can dislike that sock-height is an issue which the league deems worthy to be part of a uniform policy, but the reality is that for a known, willful violation of company uniform policy on a work-day resulting in a $10,500 fine for a guy whose daily wages are $16,000.... the answer is a resounding "yes." The punishment most certainly fits the crime.

Then, separately, with no relation to the Frank Gore incident, we have a player sliding with his cleats up at the legs of a defender, which is clearly a violation of Rule 12 of the NFL's Rules. First-time offenders have generally received fines between $7-15k depending upon the severity of the infraction and the perceived intent to injure or cause harm.

The first question is whether or not these first-time offenses should receive steeper penalties. The League and the NFLPA seem to have agreed that these are, at the very least, agreeable. Just as they've agreed to other rules (ie, uniform policy). What I find particularly odd is the fact that the general reaction to such fines for violations of Rule 12 are almost always that they are too steep. Yet, suddenly, because it is less than the penalty of a completely unrelated rule violation, people are up in arms that it isn't steep enough?

Considering there seemed to be no intent to injure and Brady is a first-time offender, and that this is far more benign than blows to a player's head or neck, it would seem that $10k instead of $8k suffices.

Who cares what Frank Gore got fined for something completely unrelated?
    This sums it up perfectly. Brady did something stupid, he got fined for it. It's over. Can't compare it to anybody or anything else because they are different.
    -

vCash
    it really was a lame move and i think it was out of frustration,he didn't get flagged but got fined it seems fair enough.he really is a spazz and looked more in danger of hurting himself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast