Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Why would you trade away any assest to have a guy for a one year rental... unless you plan on signing someone long term theres no reason to trade anything.
    I think I misunderstood your post. Thought you were saying it would be smart to do that.

vCash
    Yea, I spit out my drink laughing at that jets fan who said 2 first round and 2 2n'd round picks LOL.

Look, I'm not saying Asante Samuel is as good as Revis, but all it took was a 7th round pick to get him last year. That should give you a rough idea on what kind of value a CB is in the scheme of all things...

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Yea, I spit out my drink laughing at that jets fan who said 2 first round and 2 2n'd round picks LOL.

Look, I'm not saying Asante Samuel is as good as Revis, but all it took was a 7th round pick to get him last year. That should give you a rough idea on what kind of value a CB is in the scheme of all things...
    Vontae Davis got traded for a 2nd and 6th. That should give you a rough idea on what kind of value a CB is in the scheme of all things...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post

Watch your step, you can't compair the greatest CB to ever play the game to anybody....we should all be thankful our eyes don't explode when he's on TV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    They're lining up because they know his value is at its lowest. Major knee surgery and one year left on his deal and wanting an absurd amount of money. Also the Davis trade, the sixth round pick was conditional and indy didnt have to trade it because he didnt reach the amount of playing time. A 6th round pick isnt worth much anyway. Without an extension, they wont get a top 10-15 pickk and a 2nd. Even with one I doubt they do, theres probably very few teams in that range that are just a great cb away from being serious contenders.
    It wasn't major knee surgery, you make it sound like he got reconstructive surgery or something. And I can name a few teams thats have the cash to sign him to a long term deal, problem is the jets cant or they would. To be quite honest im not even a fan of trading him to begin with I just think he has more value then you guys in this forum do.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    The Jets should probably ask for something like a 1st and 4th this year and conditional pick next year, assuming whichever team trades for him is going to be a good team (aka bottom half first round). The conditional would be based on Revis's playing time, and would be something like a 3rd as a floor, 2nd for 10 games played (including playoffs), and 1st for 15 games played (including playoffs). Revis has basically been as good as any corner in NFL history up to this point of his career, and given how many teams want him, it should come as a surprise to nobody that he'd get a huge return.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 01-25-2013 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    I think I misunderstood your post. Thought you were saying it would be smart to do that.
    Its all good, I figured it was something like that haha

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncogixxer View Post

I want some of what ever drugs you have!!!!!!!!!! 2-firsts and 2-seconds.lol Any team that gives up more than a first and third is nuts
    Yea thats insane lmao. Broncos got a 2nd and Bailey for just Portis. Revis dont have much more value than Bailey consodering everything. To think they'll get a haul like that just makes someone look Al Davis level of crazy.

vCash
    Yea thats insane lmao. Broncos got a 2nd and Bailey for just Portis. Revis dont have much more value than Bailey consodering everything. To think they'll get a haul like that just makes someone look Al Davis level of crazy.
    The Redskins also got their ***** handed to them in that deal. Just ask them if they'd take that trade back if they could.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Vontae Davis got traded for a 2nd and 6th. That should give you a rough idea on what kind of value a CB is in the scheme of all things...
    Like another post, it ended up only being a 2nd. The 6th was conditional.

vCash
    Like another post, it ended up only being a 2nd. The 6th was conditional.
    "Only a 2nd" from a team that was supposed to be terrible this year for a corner who is as good as Revis would be if both of his legs were amputated.

vCash
    Revis isn't just some great CB... he's an all time great in his prime. 2 1sts and 2 2nds is too extreme, but he's going to come at a high price. I would think maybe a 1st and 4th this year plus a 2nd next year (maybe bump that 2nd up to another first based on whether he signs long term but that's a lot for a CB).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    The Jets should probably ask for something like a 1st and 4th this year and conditional pick next year, assuming whichever team trades for him is going to be a good team (aka bottom half first round). The conditional would be based on Revis's playing time, and would be something like a 3rd as a floor, 2nd for 10 games played (including playoffs), and 1st for 15 games played (including playoffs). Revis has basically been as good as any corner in NFL history up to this point of his career, and given how many teams want him, it should come as a surprise to nobody that he'd get a huge return.
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Revis isn't just some great CB... he's an all time great in his prime. 2 1sts and 2 2nds is too extreme, but he's going to come at a high price. I would think maybe a 1st and 4th this year plus a 2nd next year (maybe bump that 2nd up to another first based on whether he signs long term but that's a lot for a CB).
    Post stealer...

vCash
    ^ You're pretty smart for a Jets fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    The Redskins also got their ***** handed to them in that deal. Just ask them if they'd take that trade back if they could.
    Sure hindsight is everything. Also dont forget why the trade happened. It was because both players had contract disputes and Baily had just turned down a deal from washington and tagged him. He likely wasnt staying anyways. It wasnt a good trade for washington, but it wasnt as bad as some make it out to be. They traded a great cb who wanted a lot of money, similar to the revis scenerio without the injury.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast