Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Most players say that. But like i said, if a team trades for him its not going to be for only 1 year of his service.
    I never said that, and I agree 100%. I just think the jets want a lot in return because he really is a once in a generation type player.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    If the Niners get Revis the NFC is in big trouble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I never said that, and I agree 100%. I just think the jets want a lot in return because he really is a once in a generation type player.
    Well that was mostly in regards to jetsnation's post. The jets should get a good deal for him no doubt but no team is going to trade their whole draft for him. He does have issues. He is coming off an ACL tear and he likes to hold out every time another CB gets a bigger deal then him.

vCash
    The jets cant keep him because there cash strapped and we screwed the pooch giving a below mediocre QB an extension. Now instead of letting him walk and getting nothing they will try and trade him or keep him at a reasonable price. Not to mention the outstanding play by cromartie...
    That reasoning is fact and makes more sense than guesswork including "Jets want kings ransom and im pretty positive they will get it." and "His ACL is not an issue". That ACL is very reason they won't get a kings ransom. There are a lot of varibles including "did it effect his COD . . . if it pops again, is he finished and are we stuck with a huge contract, etc". The Jets getting maximum returns for healthy Revis is a no-brainer but he's a huge risk for multiple reasons besides happy guesswork.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper15 View Post
    If the Niners get Revis the NFC is in big trouble.
    There is now way the 49ers could keep all the star players they have on defense without completely hurting another part of the team, like the offense for instance. There is a salary cap ya know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    You know, coming from a Broncos fan, this is fishy. Didn't your team welcome with open arms a 36 year old coming off four surgeries (fused neck vertebrae) no one has ever had before? Talk about taking a chance! And there was no shortage of buyers. This is ACL - there are very few who haven't come back to play at their normal pace. It's his first such surgery. I think the reward far exceeds the risk. This guy shuts everyone down and you don't even need to roll a safety. Instant upgrade and mathcup nightmare for opposing offenses. Someone's going to get a super player.
    Oh I have no doubt he will come back and play at a very high level. But to compair it to the Manning signing is nuts we didn't have to give up anything for PFM all I was trying to point out is trade value goes down if a player is coming off injury. IMO it would be a high risk high reward type of deal as most likely it would take a lot to get him its not like he is a FA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    That reasoning is fact and makes more sense than guesswork including "Jets want kings ransom and im pretty positive they will get it." and "His ACL is not an issue". That ACL is very reason they won't get a kings ransom. There are a lot of varibles including "did it effect his COD . . . if it pops again, is he finished and are we stuck with a huge contract, etc". The Jets getting maximum returns for healthy Revis is a no-brainer but he's a huge risk for multiple reasons besides happy guesswork.
    If revis proves hes healthy im sure it will be much easier, but teams are already lining up for a "not so healthy revis". Thats why im thinking the jets will get very fair trade value for him. I consider a first and second round pick as fair compensation rite now. If he proves he is healthy I can see two first rounders.

Vante davis got a 2nd and 6th, and he cant even hold revis's nuts.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    #1 - Peyton is a QB, a position which is an infinitely more valuable position than CB.
    #2 - Peyton was a FA and the only risk the Broncos took in signing him was money. They did not have to give up high draft picks.
    #3 - Revis is only signed for 1 more season.
    #4 - Revis is a known problem when it comes to his contract.
    #5 - Revis is said to be seeking QB money from a non-QB position.

You are severely overstating what Revis will fetch in a trade. A top 10 pick AND a 2nd round pick is best case scenario...not a starting point like you are alluding to. You have to remember, not many teams are willing or able to give up multiple high draft picks AND sign a player to a huge contract. Usually if high draft picks are traded for a player it's because he locked up and under a team friendly contract. Revis is the exact opposite of that...and no matter how good of a player he is that severely impacts his value on the trade market.
    this.

Bravo... someone needs to talk some sense into these delusional Jets fans. Honestly I wouldn't give up our first round (30th) pick on a one year rental, whom is coming back from devastating injury, wants record $$ amount, whom also is a jerk when it comes to holding out/contracts.

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    this.

Bravo... someone needs to talk some sense into these delusional Jets fans. Honestly I wouldn't give up our first round (30th) pick on a one year rental, whom is coming back from devastating injury, wants record $$ amount, whom also is a jerk when it comes to holding out/contracts.
    You wouldnt trade any pick on a one year rental...... Common sense would say thats not very smart.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    If revis proves hes healthy im sure it will be much easier, but teams are already lining up for a "not so healthy revis". Thats why im thinking the jets will get very fair trade value for him. I consider a first and second round pick as fair compensation rite now. If he proves he is healthy I can see two first rounders.

Revis can't prove he's healthy until he's on the field in a real game. IMO, the Jets should trade him at the deadline, otherwise, they can't prove he's healthy. Until then, I believe a "first and second round pick" is a pipe dream.
    Done - thank goodness

vCash
    You wouldnt trade any pick on a one year rental...... Common sense would say thats not very smart.
    How is that not very smart? You're basically trading a guy who wont make a ton for 4-5 years for one year of service. Thats not smart. If hes traded I got a feeling jets fans will be highly disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    How is that not very smart? You're basically trading a guy who wont make a ton for 4-5 years for one year of service. Thats not smart. If hes traded I got a feeling jets fans will be highly disappointed.
    Why would you trade away any assest to have a guy for a one year rental... unless you plan on signing someone long term theres no reason to trade anything.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Revis can't prove he's healthy until he's on the field in a real game. IMO, the Jets should trade him at the deadline, otherwise, they can't prove he's healthy. Until then, I believe a "first and second round pick" is a pipe dream.
    Well I guess thats where you and me disagree then....

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash

They're lining up because they know his value is at its lowest. Major knee surgery and one year left on his deal and wanting an absurd amount of money. Also the Davis trade, the sixth round pick was conditional and indy didnt have to trade it because he didnt reach the amount of playing time. A 6th round pick isnt worth much anyway. Without an extension, they wont get a top 10-15 pickk and a 2nd. Even with one I doubt they do, theres probably very few teams in that range that are just a great cb away from being serious contenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Jets should target a 2013 1st, a 2014 1st, and a 2013 or 2014 2nd from a team who is below average like the Jags, Raiders, Browns ect.

However, if a team like the Falcons, Seahawks, 49'ers, Packers come calling then the Jets should ask for a 2013 1st, a 2014 1st, a 2013 2nd and a 2014 2nd.

I want some of what ever drugs you have!!!!!!!!!! 2-firsts and 2-seconds.lol Any team that gives up more than a first and third is nuts

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast