Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the jets are so stupid for coming out with this. Best I see is a 2nd and something for him and not have him play for you this season... If you play him out and not resign him next year, you are going to get a very high compensatory pick anyway..

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    That's a silly way to look at it. What if the team took Matt Kalil in the 1st round and Russell Wilson in the 3rd? Would that be more fair?
    The teams who will be trading for Revis will not have high picks. Of course if you get the 4th overall pick in the draft with a high 3rd rounder you're going to get a decent return. But once you get out of the top half of the first round, it's just not nearly as likely you're going to get a premium talent back for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    The teams who will be trading for Revis will not have high picks. Of course if you get the 4th overall pick in the draft with a high 3rd rounder you're going to get a decent return. But once you get out of the top half of the first round, it's just not nearly as likely you're going to get a premium talent back for him.
    it was just an example. switch the players to whatever good players you want that have been drafted in the 1st and 3rd rounds in NFL history. you missed the point of my comment.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    it was just an example. switch the players to whatever good players you want that have been drafted in the 1st and 3rd rounds in NFL history. you missed the point of my comment.
    But you can't just cherry pick the best 1st and 3rd rounders from a draft. Hell, if you were able to trade me Melvin Ingram, Shea McClellin, Brandon Weeden, Whitney Mercilus, and AJ Jenkins right now for Revis I'd say no, and their NFL careers have hardly been written yet.

vCash
    Carson Palmer, our 3rd overall for Revis, your 1st and 3rd.

Do it.

*Give us Tebow too so we can make him a FB.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    Carson Palmer, our 3rd overall for Revis, your 1st and 3rd.

Do it.

*Give us Tebow too so we can make him a FB.
    Not a chance that this trade happens.

vCash
    Well thats pretty much the only way the Raiders can do it right now financially haha.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    But you can't just cherry pick the best 1st and 3rd rounders from a draft. Hell, if you were able to trade me Melvin Ingram, Shea McClellin, Brandon Weeden, Whitney Mercilus, and AJ Jenkins right now for Revis I'd say no, and their NFL careers have hardly been written yet.
    no ****, just like you cant cherry pick and just look at whoever the jets picked. MY POINT IS THAT YOU LOOK AT THE VALUE OF THE DRAFT PICKS IN COMPARISON TO THE PLAYER (REVIS). You dont look at what the draft picks turned into.

Look at the Julio Jones trade involving the Browns. The Browns got great value when they traded that pick away. The trade itself was NOT a bad trade. However, what they did with the picks they got was a bad decision....but the trade itself was good value.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    no ****, just like you cant cherry pick and just look at whoever the jets picked. MY POINT IS THAT YOU LOOK AT THE VALUE OF THE DRAFT PICKS IN COMPARISON TO THE PLAYER (REVIS). You dont look at what the draft picks turned into.

Look at the Julio Jones trade involving the Browns. The Browns got great value when they traded that pick away. The trade itself was NOT a bad trade. However, what they did with the picks they got was a bad decision....but the trade itself was good value.
    The point is that when fans talk about trades, they act like a pick is worth some ungodly amount when in reality, the guy you're getting for that pick isn't as good as "omg 1st rounder" makes it seem. In a bubble the 4th overall pick for Revis looks like a terrible trade, but if you're choosing between Milliner at 4 overall and Revis, I think you'd be a fool for not taking Revis there, even including injury and salary concerns. It's not like top 5 picks make chump change, even if the cost has been drastically reduced.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    the colts roster is terrible so any trade would have to start with luck (would hate that as a jets fan) which wont happen because indy has him way overvalued and wont deal him
    Hes certainly no Sanchez

vCash
    I'd give a 4th rounder for him, maybe.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    For all the people demanding insane packages for Revis...

The Jets do not have much leverage considering they don't think they can lock him up and are not in a good salary situation.

Revis is coming off a major surgery. Red flags on injury concern.

Revis only has one year left, a team isn't going to go all out for one year of a player. Especially a player coming off surgery that a) might not come back the same b) may take a while to get back to form.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    For all the people demanding insane packages for Revis...

The Jets do not have much leverage considering they don't think they can lock him up and are not in a good salary situation.

Revis is coming off a major surgery. Red flags on injury concern.

Revis only has one year left, a team isn't going to go all out for one year of a player. Especially a player coming off surgery that a) might not come back the same b) may take a while to get back to form.
    the cap situation has nothing to do with it

the jets can sign revis tommorow to a mega deal and be fine for 2014 when said deal would take effect

the problem is the jets dont wanna invest 25 million in cap space on 2 corners when one corner is all the jets essentially need to erase opposing wr's

vCash
    If the Colts could be lucky enough to get Revis for Luck, we would've already made the deal. That'd be an awful deal for the Jets tho...

vCash
    What team is gonna trade all kinds of cheap draft picks for a cornerback that is (1) returning from injury (2) in the last year of his contract (3) gonna demand a mega-contract

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast