Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I cant stop holy **** bahahahahhahahahahaha
    Okay... because the same thing didnt happen with Champ and Portis... who got the better end of that? A fragile top 10 running back with about 5 years left versus the best CB in all of football with much more football ahead of him. Great CBs are much harder to come by. It's not that crazy to think McCoy for Revis with a first round swap.
    Last edited by MikefromMars; 01-24-2013 at 04:04 AM.

vCash
    The under-valuing of Revis is ridiculous, but not surprising from a majority of the people posting in this thread.

One thing I will say, don't you think your team would have their own medical physicians and scouts watch and checkout Revis before any sort of offer is made?
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Winning teams dont trade away their best players.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    16 carries, 78 yards, 1 TD
    5 receptions, 50 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by envymamba24 View Post
    If the jets do that, I'll never root for them again
    If the Jets do that, I will adopt them as my second team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    all those players suck

any revis trade should start with 2 firsts and something else player wise
    2 first rounders and a player? For real? The guy just coming back from a torn acl. I think it would be idiotic for any team to do that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    The under-valuing of Revis is ridiculous, but not surprising from a majority of the people posting in this thread.

One thing I will say, don't you think your team would have their own medical physicians and scouts watch and checkout Revis before any sort of offer is made?
    It's not under-valuing him. When theres rumors your owner thinks they wont beable to sign a player and they only have a year left on the deal, they lose a lot leverage. They're not going to get what he's worth.

vCash

Everyone knows how good Revis is. Trouble is that in a cap world you can't afford to give up 2 1sts AND pay a massive contract to him. Then you factor in the knee surgery and the fact is the Jets are ****ed.

If the Jets want to get full value for Revis then they better sign him to an extension.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoUseForAName View Post
    It's not under-valuing him. When theres rumors your owner thinks they wont beable to sign a player and they only have a year left on the deal, they lose a lot leverage. They're not going to get what he's worth.
    Yeah, maybe if there are only 1 or 2 teams bidding
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash

He could great one day and have it pop the next. He could get inflamation at any point and miss time. That's a huge risk considering not only his price tag but the cost of picks (all of which can be tied up for a minimum for four years)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Do you remember Jason Sehorn? That offer is insane. A DB needs great COD, backpeddles, etc. A far cry from an RB before the Petersen card is played.
    Agh, don't bring up sehorn lol , revis won't be a giant unless he stops the BS for the contracts every year , the giants make cap room and give up a 1st thinking they want the CB in the 1st(they like going bpa EZEKIEL Ansah , CB Rhodes , Teo all on our radar )... We'd probably add tuck or kiwi..but we'd need to put Cwebb in.,

Don't get me wrong kiwi a 2nd and Cwebb value wise should be good , jets get a great versitalie pass rushers in kiwi , a replacement and depth at CB in Cwebb who was a level below elite CBS until this season sadly. And a 2nd which the jets can use to move up if they wish and grab a QB ...

It's actually possible but we have prince,TT(coming off acl and other injuries) ,Cwebb, Hosley and we need to resign KP, SBrown and Beatty ...

As giants we could pull this off but idk if we should

vCash
    Some real GM's in the making in this thread, you guys really should get your applications in ASAP.

vCash
    Here let me point this out . the jets will do this is they're smart ...are they now smart?

Trade him for picks this year and next , try and draft. Top players you need and a QB plus grab a young stud for d.

It's not bc revis but his value may even fall btw to everyone saying this isn't the time to trade him... Look at osi for one thing he was never traded we didn't pay hi he's gone for nothing , revis isn't going to be resigned and could cost way too much but also come back to hurt to ever be himself again ...

I do think medical studies have helped evolve healing and we all can't deny that but AP came back just as beastly ..Revis is getting older and was never fast to begin with....

I'd look to the browns for picks or swap of Haden I doubt they take it but u make that phone call .

I'd look at the giants for kiwi and a CB plus picks .

I'd look at the skins. For ask for hall , Kirk for sanche and a pick .

I'd look to the raiders bc well they've been raped by trades every time and have some hidden gems..only hidden bc they're raiders ..(branch).

I'd look to the Seahawks for Flynn and a pick but the jets won't have any power in the trade they dnt need revis or to get Flynn off their books and idk if the jets can afford it.

I would actually go insane and ask the pats for a 2nd and there QB mallet ..hard to trade in division..pats are tough to trade with..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsguy View Post
    Some real GM's in the making in this thread, you guys really should get your applications in ASAP.
    I wish that was to me it's my dream job , I half *** scout (eye test , go off other reports and gut feeling) generally I've been right actually with nicks , Blount , Calvin johnsn(obvious?! Lol) many others even some I said weren't good picks ended up as busts , also thought the bengals lb they got last draft idea I think , I thought would be solid . Though not worth a top pick .

I've been wrong as well lol and I realize ur probably being sarcastic but seriously want that job or a top scout position (one where u watch more tape and analyze draft picks ect than travel everywhere to scout).

vCash
    Let me point this out I think this would be the best thing for the jets .

-Revis is getting older and yet just as expensive if not more with how he is and I think his work ethic is secretly not that great (TO had great work ethic staying in shape non stop..of only he was mute lol).

- He's a ? Coming back just bc Peyton and AP (after how long btw and how hard did they especially Ap work to get back?!!). Came back looking solid they also can be protected with short throws or less rush attempts per game while revis will be expected to either take A PAY CUT or be a stud ... Can a CB come back that fast?

-TERREL THOMAS. Among many other CBS came back off an acl for. So early the season before ,worked so hard to come back and was reinsured that following preseason and he was a stud for us giants. , revis is a risk,

-MONEY ,AGE ,MENTALLITY , POSITION .. Revis doesn't effect the game enough ..just run with 3 wrs and a TE and he's not helping unless you have solid D helping him . Will he want more money ? Or can be take a pay cut for a team that could get hima ring ( does he care that much..not all players are dying for a ring..they'd like one but its sort of not in the front of their mind).

REVIS IS almost 28(July 14th 1985). How much longer will he be capable of playing like this he's not that fast and may slow down drastically with this injury ..

Then there's the jets .. Salary cap issues , not resigning revis is in the news now so teams won't offer what they may have plus his injury ..

All that said I'd want revis but the jets aren't getting a QB unless they like someone in the draft and can move up with 2 2nds. .. Have a CB and pass rusher in the trade as they need that (they have decent CBS just one for depth or draft one even , a pass rusher or MLB to help couples and they're d either kills the QB or gets burned , replace b Scott ? )

We should look into what the jets are really looking for ,,,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    i wouldnt trade revis to the pats even if they offered 10 firsts
    you sir, are an idiot. along with your crazy demands for a player coming off major knee surgery in the prev. post, you also refuse to trade revis to the pats even if they made the best offer? you guys havent been competing with the pats for at least a couple years at least. and you wont be competing with the pats by the time you are good again. besides the hyperbole of 10 firsts, just really shows how butthurt jets fans are about the pats dominating that division. youll get a top 15 first for revis maybe, if you get that offer, take it and dont look back before he walksfor nothing. makes no sesne to have an elite, highly paid player in his prime on a team that literally has NO chance to compete until you find a qb and blow up the rest of your roster. for your sake i hope johnson finally wakes up and makes the right choice. you might even be able to draft another decent qb prospect with that pick and help reboot your team. just pray its not sanchize 2.0

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast