Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Revis24: I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!

Revos24: I guess we'll see how this plays out.

We really enjoyed it when you held out for more money, missed OTAs and all of training camp and especially when you came back and "injured" your hammy a couple of times. That was awesome for us to go through.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Not only would I trade Revis, but I'd make the team that trades for him take on Sanchez and his salary as a package deal.

That may lower the asking price to only a 1st round pick instead of getting back 2 or 3 picks, but for the Jets it would definitely be worth it.

Money for Landry and another quality FA.
    Nope, because if you trade Revis AND Sanchez you would have too much dead money to sign anyone.

I would trade Revis however.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Yup...if I were the JETS and Revis started playing hardball I would bench his *** and tell the league it is because his piss poor performance in practice...that should hurt his paycheck for the future/
    Yeah, as soon as you do that, no free agents will ever want to come play for the Jets. It's not paradise as it is in Jets land.

vCash
    If he's looking for anything over 9 mil I'd trade him. Look for any ******* who would give up a first and second for him.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    If the Jets trade Revis, the trade needs to include 2 1st round picks plus additional picks. I realize the Jets don't want to be left high and dry at the end of the year, but they need to sit down and try to explain to him that he plays corner which isn't a top dollar position.

vCash
    According to Manish (Who is terrible and one of the least respected writers) there is no team willing to give the Jets more than one first round pick.

People expecting multiple first rounders for Revis, may want to lighten their stance.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    In regards to your signature, Schotty left, he didn't get fired.
    I thought he did get fired as the year before I thought he signed an extension that everyone was pissed about...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    Greatest. Sig. Ever.
    Except for how slow it makes my computer...then again yours isnt any better

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ajgmc59 View Post
    If the Jets trade Revis, the trade needs to include 2 1st round picks plus additional picks. I realize the Jets don't want to be left high and dry at the end of the year, but they need to sit down and try to explain to him that he plays corner which isn't a top dollar position.
    This will not happen - we would be lucky to get a 2nd and a 5th (maybe a 4th), although, of course I'd love to get "2 1st round picks, plus additional picks," but just like good FA's aren't going to come here to "play cheap," nobody is going to give up 2 1st round picks - I doubt we can get a 1st round pick, although, you never know!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    This will not happen - we would be lucky to get a 2nd and a 5th (maybe a 4th), although, of course I'd love to get "2 1st round picks, plus additional picks," but just like good FA's aren't going to come here to "play cheap," nobody is going to give up 2 1st round picks - I doubt we can get a 1st round pick, although, you never know!

GO JETS!!!
    I really doubt that the Jets could only get a 2nd and 5th for one of the greatest defensive players in the game. Without question he is the best corner. How many teams will use a 1st to draft a corner this year? And will any of them hold a candle to Revis? Doubtful. Possible but not likely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattty Drips View Post
    I really doubt that the Jets could only get a 2nd and 5th for one of the greatest defensive players in the game. Without question he is the best corner. How many teams will use a 1st to draft a corner this year? And will any of them hold a candle to Revis? Doubtful. Possible but not likely.
    Im Willing to guarantee the jets get a 1st and a third for him. If not we can grab a first and a player, theres plenty of suitors for that.
    Last edited by scopepts; 01-24-2013 at 04:51 PM.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I'm really hoping this is just a leveraging ploy in contract negotiations or way to figure out what his worth to other teams and then just offering the same contract, since you can't negotiate contracts with players currently under contract unless given special permission given a trade situation. (Jets didn't trade for Brandon Marshall, when he was a Bronco because they couldn't agree on terms.)

We aren't going to get the value we deserve.

Most Jets fans would loose their minds, myself included.

No way that Rex will be okay with trading him. There are already reports that he is against it.

Most importantly, trading him makes our cap situation this year EVEN WORSE.

Revis is going to want franchise player money like Fitzgerald and Megatron who get $15 million per year. Coming off of an ACL injury, that is just not feasible to pay, which is why I can see Woody wanting to explore trade options. But no one else is going to want to pay him this until he plays a full season at the same level with no re-injury. So this has got to be a way of showing Revis that if he wants to get paid now, rather than risk playing for $6 million he needs to come off of the franchise player amount by a couple million.

Hopefully this ultimately gets settled for no more than 13 million per year.
    Last edited by NYJetsfan69; 01-24-2013 at 06:22 PM.

vCash
    Well the Rams need OL help worse then we do, and we need multiple picks where as they have 2 1sts. If they would take Revis for Stephen Jackson and our pick where they could reach for an O-lineman like Warmack, and we could use a couple of picks. Just thinking as I go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Well the Rams need OL help worse then we do, and we need multiple picks where as they have 2 1sts. If they would take Revis for Stephen Jackson and our pick where they could reach for an O-lineman like Warmack, and we could use a couple of picks. Just thinking as I go
    They have picks 16 and 22. Giving up 9 and Revis for those 2 picks and a RB well past his prime would be a steal for them.

They have Finnegan and Jenkins anyway, they wouldn't be a realistic trade partner.

Your PSD's Darrelle Revis and you want to trade him?

vCash
    No, don't want to. Want to talk about it now cause now is the time to talk about it. Also I think because the have JJ they might do it. It would give them 2 very good CBs on the outside.

and to edit one more time, I didn't even think about it, but maybe we can get a good CB back, cause Rex loves CB depth. And with them getting Revis they would still be upgrading.

And I would agree with S Jackson being past the age you want a RB, but I think he is still so productive and would fit the system and would be a great running back when we need to run. Plus we would still have good backs that we wouldn't have to ask to do too much behind him.
    Last edited by aNYer; 01-24-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast