Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    typical Jet ********, Trade away the greatest Jet since Namath for what???? Ifs and maybes???Trade him for what??? A linebacker in the first round???You think the Steelers and the Giants would trade a guy like Revis??? hell no not in a million years,only the ****inJetsdoshit like this just ask John Abraham, Hue Douglas,James Farrior,jonathenVilma and Keyshawn, Imdone as a Jet fan if this happens i willburn everything Jets that I own except my Revis autographed helmet, everyone says"we havee bigger needs" what do you think trading Revis will accomplish???? What are we gonna get in return??? there's nofranchise QB's in the draft and we won't get his real value because of his injury

vCash
    I agree with most of you guys that trading Revis is the stupidest thing we can do...but we all know the Jets M.O. is ' we do stupid'....on that note if we r gonna trade him, we will never get equal value. So the team that wants Revis should help us another way and eat Sanchez's contract...The trade I propose is the following: Tampa Bay gives us Mark Barron, Doug Martin and their 1st for Revis, Sanchez and a 4th...thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I would like anyone who is in favor or trading Revis to further elaborate on what value you want in return?
    In my honest opinion - we would net a 1st and and a 3rd - which to me is not worth it. That first could easily turn into a Dustin Keller, Gholston, K. Wilson...you just never know. We know what Revis is worth (the argument about his Knee is moot because that obviously negatively affects his trade value as well).

Not to mention, a team would not throw a crap load of picks and renegotiate a ridiculous contract with him.

Face it people, Revis will be a JET next year, just like Sanchez, except in this case we are talking about a potential HOFer....
    As for his value, this is why they are fielding offers to gauge his value as to whether or not they go through with this. Posters, understand that he cannot be franchised next season and becomes an unrestricted free agent after next season. The grim reality of that is he could walk and we get NOTHING in return. Chew on that thought for a while. His agents have already created a rift with Jets brass and will further cripple the cap with their demands for the moon. This is a reality so get over this HOF stuff and face of the franchise as these words mean absolutely nothing - it's a cold, hard business and it can't be personal.

vCash
    But it's not stupid to trade Revis. It makes sense. Yes, it does make us worse in the short term. But given the cap situation and lack of depth there's this might be a necessary evil. Face it guys, our roster has a lot of holes. And with the cap the way it is we're in a bit of a rebuilding phase. And we can't have that much money tied up into one position if we want to do this the right way.

Some say you can't trade greatness for unknowns but then say trade Cro instead. But it's the same situation.

Revis is my favorite player. I have his jersey hanging on my wall. I'd hate to see him go. But if he can net you multiple draft picks in high rounds. You have to at least explore it. And that's all they said . They're willing to explore. And I'm sure Idzik won't pull the trigger unless he feels it's worth it.

You guys have to stop being sentimental when it comes to Revis. Revis would definitely ditch the Jets if the right offer came to him.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    typical Jet ********, Trade away the greatest Jet since Namath for what???? Ifs and maybes???Trade him for what??? A linebacker in the first round???You think the Steelers and the Giants would trade a guy like Revis??? hell no not in a million years,only the ****inJetsdoshit like this just ask John Abraham, Hue Douglas,James Farrior,jonathenVilma and Keyshawn, Imdone as a Jet fan if this happens i willburn everything Jets that I own except my Revis autographed helmet, everyone says"we havee bigger needs" what do you think trading Revis will accomplish???? What are we gonna get in return??? there's nofranchise QB's in the draft and we won't get his real value because of his injury
    In regards to your signature, Schotty left, he didn't get fired.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    I love Revis, far and away my favorite. Here is the thing for people saying typical Jets. What would you suggest they do? Revis has held out twice and threatens to every single year. He probably has 1 more 5 year deal left and wants to be highest paid corner in the NFL. This has he making of a disaster and for some ****ing reason I will never understand Tanny agreed we could never franchise him which takes away ALL of the advantage we would have had in negotiating after this injury.

We are ****ed IMO. There is a very good chance he walks after next year and we get NOTHING.

I want to lock him up but I am just not sure we can. If we do trade him it MUST be a mix of players and picks. Revis one of the few picks we have ever hit on, I dont trust us, even with the new regime to hit so we need starting caliber players as well.

vCash
    ****in Tannenbaum hookin up Sanchez Have yet to buy a Jets jersey and it would be great to rock a HoF'ers but that may not happen. I agree with Jetforever, I ****in hate it. I can see why but like other's have pointed out, his value is the lowest right now. Why even mention "exploring" options right now?

vCash
    Fielding offers makes sense, but ultimately they have to re-sign him to a long term deal and let him play out the prime of his career with the Jets. I would like to see him retire a Jet and be a first ballot HOFer.

vCash
    Not opposed to listening for offers, but he is one of the greatest CB's to ever play the game, and I don't know how you even detrmine what "equal value" for him would be.

I just feel like nothing we could bring back would be enough. That being said, when you have this many holes to fill, it would be irresponsible to not listen to offers.

vCash
    1st + a LB + they take Sanchez
    There are no men like me, only me.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    If revis truly wants to stay a jet he will have to get paid like a top corner that 8-10 mil per year, not 20 mil. I seriously hate his agents so much.
    To Jet or not to Jet, that is the question?
    You are right, if he wants to be a Jet he will have to take less.
    I wonder if it's a bit of a ploy to give Revis a reality check. If he could be traded to a rebuilding team in order to get the picks Woody wants, He will not be playing for a contending or playoff team. So if he wants to play for a team that could contend (right moves, we could) he needs to get his contract set and under control. If he doesn't want to take less, then he's gone.
    With a new GM who doesn't know him and who wants to leave his mark, I think it's more of a threat to him.
    I would be bummed to see him go but if we got some high picks, i'd be ok with it. Not happy but ok.

vCash
    Just read this. Sad, don't agree, but its part of understanding the whole situation
    http://nyjetscap.com/2013_Articles/t...lle-revis.html
    Quote Originally Posted by nate2usmc View Post
    ****in Tannenbaum hookin up Sanchez Have yet to buy a Jets jersey and it would be great to rock a HoF'ers but that may not happen. I agree with Jetforever, I ****in hate it. I can see why but like other's have pointed out, his value is the lowest right now. Why even mention "exploring" options right now?
    Because you have to do it now. If not now, we have no control over him next season. And so few trades happen during the season. Its now or never. And I am sure they will try and keep him and sign him for half a decade, but you have to explore it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Thats awful. Unless your talking about a LB that can cover every tight end in the NFL, and Sanchez cutable next season, which we already will have a ton of money for.

vCash
    There seem to be a lot of people who are pissed about trading Revis. Would you prefer to trade Revis, or let him walk for nothing?

It sucks that their in this situation, but they are, and sacrifices have to be made. If I have to lose an all time great player, I'm certainly not losing him for nothing. I'll get the best haul I can from a team I hopefully dont play for a few years.
    Go Knicks!

All time

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangers&MetsFTW View Post
    Just for ***** and giggles-
    Seattle sends us a #2 and #3 a conditional 2014 #2 or #3 + Flynn
    We send Revis, sanchez and a #4
    We don't get true value for Revis but with 2 #2's and 2 #3's we may be able to move up into the mid late first or just fill a ton of holes with those picks.

My opinion, Sanchez stays and we deal with it till next year.
    Revis trade is explored if nothing is there we keep him and if he's back to himself trade Cro and give Revis his mega deal.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 01-24-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: clarity

vCash
    IMO, Tampa Bay are a perfect fit for Darelle Revis. With a team projected to look for secondary help in round-1 in the draft, along with money to spend(projected 30mill in salary cap space), I can see the Bucs making a big push to acquire Revis.

I believe 2-1st rd picks(this season's 13th overall & next season's 1st rd pick) would do the trick.

Jets can draft Johnathon Banks 9th overall, CB From Miss St(SEC Defensive player of the year).

13th overall.. They can draft Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB LSU(fill the void of losing Cal Pace).
    Last edited by JOSKOMANG4; 01-24-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast