Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What I don't like about this is that he's coming off an acl injury so you're probably not going to get full value for him. Maybe we can sign an incentive laden deal and then trade Cro this offseason or next. I'd much rather that.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Yeah, his value has never been lower. I'm not surprised that the new GM sees a top 5 pass defense and a way out of future cap trouble and an ability to acquire picks through the Revis route. I am surprised to see Woody flapping his gums. Just askin' - who said recently tried correcting my suggestion that this could happen with the words that Revis is a HOF'er and could NEVER be traded? I know it hasn't happened but this is the logical first step. And it's all possible with his ahole agents. Don't underestimate that factor.

Bottom line - anything can happen.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-23-2013 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    I would like anyone who is in favor or trading Revis to further elaborate on what value you want in return?
    In my honest opinion - we would net a 1st and and a 3rd - which to me is not worth it. That first could easily turn into a Dustin Keller, Gholston, K. Wilson...you just never know. We know what Revis is worth (the argument about his Knee is moot because that obviously negatively affects his trade value as well).

Not to mention, a team would not throw a crap load of picks and renegotiate a ridiculous contract with him.

Face it people, Revis will be a JET next year, just like Sanchez, except in this case we are talking about a potential HOFer....

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Don't think I'd be able to survive if we trade him away.

vCash
    I would hate to lose him, but it does make sense to explore the idea. For the Jets to commit that much money to one position considering their salary cap situation may not be that smart. I'd be more excited about trading him if he was healthy last year. Then we'd get a lot back for him. I doubt we'd get much more than a 1st and 3rd for him. If he was healthy last year we'd probably get at least two 1st round draft picks for him.

It would be a brave move for Idzik though. First of all, the majority of the Jets fans would hate him for making that move. Secondly, it would show that he was truly the boss in regards to personnel, because I would have to believe Rex wouldn't approve of the move. Regardless, this will be an interesting off-season.

vCash
    We could also get players as well not just picks...

vCash
    Cant stand the idea of trading away someone that performs at a level that makes him comparable (and in a lot of examples) better than the best who have ever played his position. It's ****ing awful and I hate it. Looking back on it, I remember JF28 posting about how he wishes Revis actually held out last Summer. In retrospect, I wish he did too. Would have forced us to get something done with him.

Just once, I'd love to be able to cheer for the best there is. The best Jet of all time according to most doesn't even belong in the top 100 players ever. Revis has potential to be the best cornerback ever. And we are going to most likely trade him away for a couple draft picks? Even if it makes sense...which it does to cash in on Revis... I just ****ing hate it.

vCash
    Yeah, no to trading Revis. Trade Cro if you must.

vCash
    2 Teams are supposedly interested and put in calls to the Jets about Revis...won't be the last two they say. But Revis is saying "he doesn't want to be traded" and that he wants to be a Jet "his whole life".

vCash
    Typical jets move trade away our best players... When value couldn't be lower

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Just ask the Redskins if they regret trading away Champ Bailey, or if the Raiders regret losing Charles Woodson. Because that's what we'd be doing by trading Revis unless we get some silly huge package back for him.

vCash
    If revis truly wants to stay a jet he will have to get paid like a top corner that 8-10 mil per year, not 20 mil. I seriously hate his agents so much.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Cant stand the idea of trading away someone that performs at a level that makes him comparable (and in a lot of examples) better than the best who have ever played his position. It's ****ing awful and I hate it. Looking back on it, I remember JF28 posting about how he wishes Revis actually held out last Summer. In retrospect, I wish he did too. Would have forced us to get something done with him.

Just once, I'd love to be able to cheer for the best there is. The best Jet of all time according to most doesn't even belong in the top 100 players ever. Revis has potential to be the best cornerback ever. And we are going to most likely trade him away for a couple draft picks? Even if it makes sense...which it does to cash in on Revis... I just ****ing hate it.
    WHAT? I would consider Curtis Martin Top 100....#4 All Time Rushing is nothing to sneeze at.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Typical jets move trade away our best players... When value couldn't be lower
    It didnt happen yet, so dont hate on the JETS...it is absolutely possibile the media is stirring the pot trying to continue the shitstorm they started with Tanny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    If revis truly wants to stay a jet he will have to get paid like a top corner that 8-10 mil per year, not 20 mil. I seriously hate his agents so much.
    I am really hoping Tanny just had a tough time...word on the street is Idzik has many great relationships...well let's hope it is true because god knows relationships are key to negotiations in every facet of life.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast