Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    No one will give Revis 16mil per year even if he is an all-pro this season. That is too much for a corner. He will get between 10-12mil with all kinds of guarantees and incentives unless a team wants to compromise the rest of their roster by tying up so much money in him. The only problem I see is that Revis still has bad blood with the Jets for previous negotiations and leaks to make him look greedy. Why stay here and rebuild for the same money? We will have to overpay for him and that is why I think we will be offering him 5years-60mil except it will all be guaranteed. Which is what Nmandi Asumgha signed with the Eagles (his was only guarenteed for 19mil).

vCash
    Hey wtf. I was the first who posted the missing piece comment on Post #200...not 211 Mr. Clay. I want my internet glory dammit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Dude - you say Revis reminds you of Deion, THEN ask the last time a CB has led his team to a Super Bowl?

Well, when Deion signed with San Fran they won the Super Bowl, and beat Dallas in the Championship game.

Then, the next year Deion signed with Dallas, and they went on to win the Super Bowl again.

I AM NOT SAYING REVIS IS GOING TO DO THIS....but you asked a question in which the answer was right there and you didnt even know it,
    And both teams had good quarterbacks,so not with sanchez.Definitely with denver
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Agreed. The value is not the same. And neither will the offers.
    I think the slow LB's safeties are the main culprits but having a pass rush would help because they wouldn't have to cover the TE's and RB's for as long. And of course you should have good corners but I don't think it's necessary to have two elite ones especially if they're taking up a lot of cap.

U just really hope there is a resolution to all this sooner than later.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesyLakeShow View Post
    And both teams had good quarterbacks,so not with sanchez.Definitely with denver
    YEah it's not like Deion was the only elite player on those teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    How many picks did the Redskins give up for the chance to draft RG3, an unproven commodity at the time? Any offer for Revis has to start with two first rounders plus...
    You can't compare RGIII to Revis from the standpoint that RGIII quite honestly plays the most important position in today's NFL, the QB position. You don't need a great CB to get far, but you better have a QB that can do things for you. Look at how good Washington, Seattle, and Indianapolis became by adding stability at the QB position from one year to the next. Do Baltimore and San Francisco have great CB's? The only one I'd put anywhere close to Revis, LaDarius Webb, is on IR.

Baltimore is in the Super Bowl with Cary Williams, Chris Johnson, Jimmy Smith, and Corey Graham at CB and San Francisco is in the Super Bowl with Carlos Rogers, Chris Culliver, Perish Cox, Tramaine Brock, and Tarell Brown at CB. Is there anyone in that group that is even close to Cromartie, let alone Revis. But the Ravens and 49ers have Joe Flacco, Colin Kaepernick, and Alex Smith, all of who would INSTANTLY be the #1 starter at QB, and by a LARGE MARGIN I might add, for the NY Jets.

For Revis, consider it a blessing to get a 1st this year and a conditional draft choice next year (3rd that may turn into a 2nd based on Revis' health). If I am going to pay someone 16 million a season this off-season, I'll pay Joe Flacco before Darrelle Revis and not even blink!
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You can't compare RGIII to Revis from the standpoint that RGIII quite honestly plays the most important position in today's NFL, the QB position. You don't need a great CB to get far, but you better have a QB that can do things for you. Look at how good Washington, Seattle, and Indianapolis became by adding stability at the QB position from one year to the next. Do Baltimore and San Francisco have great CB's? The only one I'd put anywhere close to Revis, LaDarius Webb, is on IR.

Baltimore is in the Super Bowl with Cary Williams, Chris Johnson, Jimmy Smith, and Corey Graham at CB and San Francisco is in the Super Bowl with Carlos Rogers, Chris Culliver, Perish Cox, Tramaine Brock, and Tarell Brown at CB. Is there anyone in that group that is even close to Cromartie, let alone Revis. But the Ravens and 49ers have Joe Flacco, Colin Kaepernick, and Alex Smith, all of who would INSTANTLY be the #1 starter at QB, and by a LARGE MARGIN I might add, for the NY Jets.

For Revis, consider it a blessing to get a 1st this year and a conditional draft choice next year (3rd that may turn into a 2nd based on Revis' health). If I am going to pay someone 16 million a season this off-season, I'll pay Joe Flacco before Darrelle Revis and not even blink!
    Carlos Rogers is pretty damn good but I still agree with the jist of what you said.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    YEah it's not like Deion was the only elite player on those teams.
    Guys, I was merely stating a point that Deion was the fulcrum. Both teams failed to go deep into the playoffs without him (BTW they had those elite players the year prior) but when he joined they won.

The OP claimed a CB is the never the fulcrum.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    If the choice is passing on a trade due to insistence on fair value and his walking away, that makes it a tough call. Don't forget that he can't be franchised and our window of trading him is small and he's coming off an ACL tear. Of course you won't get fair value. And teams DO trade their best player if they can't afford them. Mario walked away from Houston before Watt emerged. Saying that doesn't mean it won't/can't happen - it's not unprecedented for a team not to agree to a huge contract demand. The Pats and Steelers have practiced this often. But believe what you want.
    I don't think the team planned or prepared to keep him as they signed their core and additional guys to extensions (Sanchez, Holmes)

I just don't see this happening. I believe he will walk at the end of the season especially since Tanny agreed to the cap-crippling 12M hit should we actually trade him. The Jets are in purgatory.
    if it happened to the jets the same way it happened to the texans -- injury before UFA + Watt ... revis is gone
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    How many picks did the Redskins give up for the chance to draft RG3, an unproven commodity at the time? Any offer for Revis has to start with two first rounders
    we gave up a 1st a 2nd and a 5th just to trade up and draft him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cjetswin71 View Post
    Deion Sanders with the Atlanta Falcons is what Revis's talent and skill set remind me of. With this type of talent and skill there comes a price. When has a cover corner lead his team to the super bowl? It is like having a dominant power forward in basketball. It is great to have guys with a specific skill set and dominant their position but unfortunately rebounders and enforcers, (power forwards) and guys who cover one side of the field, (corners) do not win you championships. I said this at the end of last year and was practically kicked out of the forum. We need to acquire talent and not just have one dominant player at a position that does not always directly impact the game. I love Revis, but I love the Jets even more!!!!!!!!!
    Tim Duncan...

(DROPS THE MIC)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikefromMars View Post
    Tim Duncan...

(DROPS THE MIC)
    (PICKS UP THE MIC)

2011 PF Dirk Nowitzski

(DROPS THE MIC)

vCash
    Would you guys trade Revis and Sanchez for Smith and Crabtree?

I dont foresee this happening because essentially SF would have to re-negotiate 2 contracts...but a thought that IMO is a win-win for each team eliminating headaches and talent probably favors San Fran (Revis is a god in a Polytheistic sense) but we get 2 starters vs their 1...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Would you guys trade Revis and Sanchez for Smith and Crabtree?

I dont foresee this happening because essentially SF would have to re-negotiate 2 contracts...but a thought that IMO is a win-win for each team eliminating headaches and talent probably favors San Fran (Revis is a god in a Polytheistic sense) but we get 2 starters vs their 1...
    I am asking again to everyone,

Revis and Sanchez to Seattle
    We get Flynn, a 2013 2nd and 3rd + a 2014 conditional 1rst (guaranteed 2nd) and 3rd.

We get rid of Sanchez. We get a QB that many think would be good. We get picks that could either be packaged to move up, move back or sit. We get picks the next year. If Revis is himself, we get a 1rst, a 2nd and 2 3rds. If he isn't we get 2 2's and 2 3's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am asking again to everyone,

Revis and Sanchez to Seattle
    We get Flynn, a 2013 2nd and 3rd + a 2014 conditional 1rst (guaranteed 2nd) and 3rd.

We get rid of Sanchez. We get a QB that many think would be good. We get picks that could either be packaged to move up, move back or sit. We get picks the next year. If Revis is himself, we get a 1rst, a 2nd and 2 3rds. If he isn't we get 2 2's and 2 3's.
    That's to much we won't get that for Revis and Sanchez. Although if we were to trade Revis this year I like where you are going with it packaging Sanchez and getting Flynn in return. I think we could probably send Revis and Sanchez and something like our next years 4th rd pick to Seattle for Flynn a 2nd and 3rd this year and a conditional 2nd next year but that is probably the max. You have to take into account the fact that Sanchez has an absurd amount of money coming to him for what would be a back up in Seattle. 3 million more then what their back up now (Flynn) is making.
    Last edited by ibleedgreen; 02-02-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ibleedgreen View Post
    That's to much we won't get that for Revis and Sanchez. Although if we were to trade Revis this year I like where you are going with it packaging Sanchez and getting Flynn in return. I think we could probably send Revis and Sanchez and something like our next years 4th rd pick to Seattle for Flynn a 2nd and 3rd this year and a conditional 2nd next year but that is probably the max. You have to take into account the fact that Sanchez has an absurd amount of money coming to him for what would be a back up in Seattle. 3 million more then what their back up now (Flynn) is making.
    I agree. We would have to eat some of his contract also, to get it done.
    I threw in the conditional 1rst to appease those who need to see that number. I think that is a feasible trade if it is for the 2013 2 and 3 and the 2014 2 and 3.
    Honestly, I'm fine with Sanchez on the team for another year. Who knows, he may surprise us.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast