Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 346
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,989
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, but I think they're doing the right thing - don't you? I can't sign off on paying a CB 16M. As we have seen, the Patriots quickly countered his presence by not investing in WR's opposite Welker and getting TE's and they've gone on to dominate us winning 4 in a row. He's not THAT valuable.

    I think the Jets are (that's right, I said it) smart for not ponying up such huge cap-crippling cash for a guy who is looking to make as much as possible. He's not a QB.
    I can sign off on it really. Again, I don't think he has to have 16 million straight across to be satisfied. You can fix it in certain years to make it more cleared up in certain years so we can spend. It just needs to average out 16 million/season over the course of a contract.

    For me personally, it comes back to my thoughts that the team isn't far off from another run. I look at the team and see that obviously we need upgrades at certain spots. But paying Revis the money necessary, we can still do that and make those upgrades. I don't think trading the best player in team history for a receiver and a 2nd round pick is worth trading a once in a generation player. Seriously, coverage wise, there really isn't anyone close to Revis because of what he does.

    No team just trades away their best player. You can't do it. Its stupid. We simply will not get fair value for Revis at this point in time. With the way Cromartie and Landry and Bell ended up playing this year, I really think this team would have won about 3 more games alone with Revis in the lineup. Maybe more. I strongly question how teams would have passed on us. Now, Landry will probably be gone this year in free agency but there are ways to replace him...even if its not ideal... for a cheap price.

    If it was up to me, I'd resign Revis. I'd find a cheap quarterback like a Matt Moore to start this year. For a running back, Shonn Greene is probably gone but finding a 1a to start aside Powell won't be too difficult. I'd make the necessary cuts and then I'd look to the draft to find players who can make an impact (which we basically did the opposite of last year when we looked for the future). Find a pass rusher in the first round. Find a safety that can start in a class where I think there are quite the few options. For me, I think this team could have at least one more run.

    I really think if Sanchez played like 2011 Sanchez instead of what he showed last year, the Jets could have been dangerous. And since I think he's now done and hasn't earned the right to start, you bring in a guy like Matt Moore to be average and just move the ball. And moving the ball would help. A guy who can play like a 2010 Sanchez would be effective enough.

    The Jets don't get hall of famers often. I want to keep a guy I think can be the best Jet of all time. I don't think that's a bad thing, I think its a smart thing.

    Side note, we'll never get Von Miler in a trade. You guys are crazy if you think its possible.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    If the choice is passing on a trade due to insistence on fair value and his walking away, that makes it a tough call. Don't forget that he can't be franchised and our window of trading him is small and he's coming off an ACL tear. Of course you won't get fair value. And teams DO trade their best player if they can't afford them. Mario walked away from Houston before Watt emerged. Saying that doesn't mean it won't/can't happen - it's not unprecedented for a team not to agree to a huge contract demand. The Pats and Steelers have practiced this often. But believe what you want.
    I don't think the team planned or prepared to keep him as they signed their core and additional guys to extensions (Sanchez, Holmes)

    I just don't see this happening. I believe he will walk at the end of the season especially since Tanny agreed to the cap-crippling 12M hit should we actually trade him. The Jets are in purgatory.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    1st Rd, 2nd Round and Dumerville.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    220
    vCash
    1500
    I don't understand why some are posting that Denver will not trade Miller for Revis. Nobody thinks Miller is the best defensive player in football, but many are saying that Revis is. So why wouldn't they make the trade if they feel they can pay Revis what he wants?

    How about New Orleans for a willing trade partner. Their defense is awful, and needs help. Maybe a first & 3rd from them???

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    836
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I think why most people feel that we have to re-sign him or trade him now is because if you wait and he has a typical Revis season he'll ask for Mario Williams money +. And also he'll be a UFA so he can just go to the highest bidder. If we re-sign him now he might settle for just being the highest paid corner at around 13-14 mill a year.
    Is there really going to be that big of a jump after a 2013 season? Hes the best in the game and everyone knows it.

    So even if hes coming off ACL he still is going to command 13-17 million THIS YEAR. yes if we trade him THIS offseason the other team is going to resign him to that kind of money. So lets say he plays 13' for NYJ, and has another great year. Maybe not even best ever but showing he's just as good... hes not going to all of a sudden say i want 20 mil.. hes going to get that 13-17 no matter what no ones going to pay more even if he comes off a big 2013. Even if he wants to be paid as the best ever there is going to be a ceiling, hes not a QB.

    Ill repeat: #KeepRevis, trade cromartie, trade for M. Flynn. Continue to build. (Even tho i like Cro. My biggest knock is that hes a walking penalty flag. (great year 12' however))

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,272
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cjetswin71 View Post
    Deion Sanders with the Atlanta Falcons is what Revis's talent and skill set remind me of. With this type of talent and skill there comes a price. When has a cover corner lead his team to the super bowl? It is like having a dominant power forward in basketball. It is great to have guys with a specific skill set and dominant their position but unfortunately rebounders and enforcers, (power forwards) and guys who cover one side of the field, (corners) do not win you championships. I said this at the end of last year and was practically kicked out of the forum. We need to acquire talent and not just have one dominant player at a position that does not always directly impact the game. I love Revis, but I love the Jets even more!!!!!!!!!
    Dude - you say Revis reminds you of Deion, THEN ask the last time a CB has led his team to a Super Bowl?

    Well, when Deion signed with San Fran they won the Super Bowl, and beat Dallas in the Championship game.

    Then, the next year Deion signed with Dallas, and they went on to win the Super Bowl again.

    I AM NOT SAYING REVIS IS GOING TO DO THIS....but you asked a question in which the answer was right there and you didnt even know it,

    Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New York Sir
    Posts
    5,334
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS TURN! View Post
    How about elvis dummervil and peyton manning for revis?
    Sounds like a good starting point, but how about they throw in 21 future 1st round picks and 79 future 2nd round picks. Well throw them our 7th round choice for the upcoming draft to make it fair.

    New York Jets: 1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.



    As of 9/13/14

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    28,472
    vCash
    1500
    I want two ****ing 1st and a 3rd.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Bronx Zoo
    Posts
    641
    vCash
    1500
    How many picks did the Redskins give up for the chance to draft RG3, an unproven commodity at the time? Any offer for Revis has to start with two first rounders plus...

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    1500
    Thats why I suggested Dumervil and their 1st and second rd.

    Dumervil is a good player and fills a need. While they don't draft particularly high in the first 2 rounds getting Dumerville evens it out. Von Miller is a pipe dream. Revis is the better player but he's coming off major surgery and needs a new contract.

    Or Decker/Thomas instead of Dumervil but I doubt they would give that much.


    Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,273
    vCash
    1500
    The redskins traded 3 first and a 2nd I believe

    Desean "Jet" Jackson

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    The redskins traded 3 first and a 2nd I believe
    That's correct. To simply move up four places.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    Is there really going to be that big of a jump after a 2013 season? Hes the best in the game and everyone knows it.

    So even if hes coming off ACL he still is going to command 13-17 million THIS YEAR. yes if we trade him THIS offseason the other team is going to resign him to that kind of money. So lets say he plays 13' for NYJ, and has another great year. Maybe not even best ever but showing he's just as good... hes not going to all of a sudden say i want 20 mil.. hes going to get that 13-17 no matter what no ones going to pay more even if he comes off a big 2013. Even if he wants to be paid as the best ever there is going to be a ceiling, hes not a QB.

    Ill repeat: #KeepRevis, trade cromartie, trade for M. Flynn. Continue to build. (Even tho i like Cro. My biggest knock is that hes a walking penalty flag. (great year 12' however))
    Well the reason why I said that was because he is coming off an acl. In the back of his mind he knows a freak injury like that can happen randomly at any moment. So we may or may not be more willing to compromise instead of playing out the season. Because if he gets injured again then is value will fall some more. Just a thought.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,478
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    I don't understand why some are posting that Denver will not trade Miller for Revis. Nobody thinks Miller is the best defensive player in football, but many are saying that Revis is. So why wouldn't they make the trade if they feel they can pay Revis what he wants?

    How about New Orleans for a willing trade partner. Their defense is awful, and needs help. Maybe a first & 3rd from them???
    This goes back to positional value. You're not going to trade a young, cornerstone pass rusher for a CB coming off an ACL injury even if it is Revis. In a passing league you do need good corners to stop receivers but more importantly you need pass rushers to pressure the Qb to froce him into bad decsions. How many time have we as Jets fans seen even with 2 elite corners QB's picking us apart in the middle of the field because we have no pass rush.

    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    How many picks did the Redskins give up for the chance to draft RG3, an unproven commodity at the time? Any offer for Revis has to start with two first rounders plus...
    Again, you're talking about a potential franchise Qb which is the most important position in football. Is RGIII the best at his position? No. Would Washington trade him for Revis? Hell no. Though I agree we should get 2 1sts also but I feel like we wouldn't for some reason.

    Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    This goes back to positional value. You're not going to trade a young, cornerstone pass rusher for a CB coming off an ACL injury even if it is Revis. In a passing league you do need good corners to stop receivers but more importantly you need pass rushers to pressure the Qb to froce him into bad decsions. How many time have we as Jets fans seen even with 2 elite corners QB's picking us apart in the middle of the field because we have no pass rush.

    I think this is more of a result of having slow, aging LB's in the middle. Slow, safeties confound that situation. Bill brilliantly exposed the soft middle of that defense which would be helped minimally IMO with a better pass rush. And to address your point, not having good CB's is DOOM in today's NFL. You saw what happened the minute Talib went out against Baltimore. It was game over.

    Again, you're talking about a potential franchise Qb which is the most important position in football. Is RGIII the best at his position? No. Would Washington trade him for Revis? Hell no. Though I agree we should get 2 1sts also but I feel like we wouldn't for some reason.
    Agreed. The value is not the same. And neither will the offers.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •