Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-e-t-sjets3x View Post
    si's peter king gets the sense executive vp john elway will try hard to convince broncos owner pat bowlen that darrelle revis is the missing piece in denver.
    i will be extremely pissed off if he goes to another afc team!!
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Lets be realistic, theres no chance denver is parting with von miller, do we really give up darelle for like the 30th pick? thats ridiculous.
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Lets be realistic, theres no chance denver is parting with von miller, do we really give up darelle for like the 30th pick? thats ridiculous.
    ill take 2 firsts if they want plus depth, no way just the 30th

vCash
    This is at least a few days old. They obviously couldn't hook us up with much by way of draft picks - their 1st is quite low.

NY69 reminds us all that there'd be a 12M cap hit for dealing Revis. There are no easy, clear-cut decisions. I think he plays this year and walks away at the end of the season.

vCash
    Ok so since revis is a FA next year who says we cant sign him once the big money contracts come off the board?
    Thats in reference to 2014....

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Ok so since revis is a FA next year who says we cant sign him once the big money contracts come off the board?
    Thats in reference to 2014....

I think why most people feel that we have to re-sign him or trade him now is because if you wait and he has a typical Revis season he'll ask for Mario Williams money +. And also he'll be a UFA so he can just go to the highest bidder. If we re-sign him now he might settle for just being the highest paid corner at around 13-14 mill a year.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Deion Sanders with the Atlanta Falcons is what Revis's talent and skill set remind me of. With this type of talent and skill there comes a price. When has a cover corner lead his team to the super bowl? It is like having a dominant power forward in basketball. It is great to have guys with a specific skill set and dominant their position but unfortunately rebounders and enforcers, (power forwards) and guys who cover one side of the field, (corners) do not win you championships. I said this at the end of last year and was practically kicked out of the forum. We need to acquire talent and not just have one dominant player at a position that does not always directly impact the game. I love Revis, but I love the Jets even more!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I think why most people feel that we have to re-sign him or trade him now is because if you wait and he has a typical Revis season he'll ask for Mario Williams money +. And also he'll be a UFA so he can just go to the highest bidder. If we re-sign him now he might settle for just being the highest paid corner at around 13-14 mill a year.
    Unfortunately I dont think there is a chance, no matter when we sign him, for him to settle on just being the highest paid corner. He has made it clear through a few different channels that he wants to be at least the highest paid defensive player and you know what? He'll probably get it. He is the best defensive player in football and hes going to want to be paid like it.

I wish we could get him for a little less than that but if its not us offering it, someone else is going to. I really pray that we figure out a way to keep him because I'd love to see him be a Jet for life. It would be awesome to say the best corner in the game, possibly ever, was a life long Jet. If we have to trade him I just hope we get something decent in return. Theres no way we get "equal value" because were in a position of weakness when it comes to trading him. Everyone knows we have to get rid of him if we cant resign him and hes coming off a major injury. Now I think he'll come back exactly the same as he was prior the the injury, but that doesnt matter, his value is probably the lowest it will ever be. Its just a crap situation for us Jets fans but thats nothing new for us.

We will persevere and come through the other side. No matter what happens I have faith that one day we will be a great team. I have to believe that because otherwise whats the point in being a fan. Lets all just hope that its sooner than later.

New York Jets: 1-3 soon to be 1-4
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

As of 9/4/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, but I think they're doing the right thing - don't you? I can't sign off on paying a CB 16M. As we have seen, the Patriots quickly countered his presence by not investing in WR's opposite Welker and getting TE's and they've gone on to dominate us winning 4 in a row. He's not THAT valuable.

I think the Jets are (that's right, I said it) smart for not ponying up such huge cap-crippling cash for a guy who is looking to make as much as possible. He's not a QB.
    Re: welker
    Didn't he get the franchise tag? Thats the worst as far as the cap, it's just a one year deal.
    The Michigan team bus was stuck outside Notre Dame stadium for hours after somebody painted a 20 yard line in the parking lot

vCash
    It hurts to think we are almost forced to trade potentially the greatest Jet ever. I hope we get something big in return but I just don't see it.

I would be very happy with Von Miller but I don't see Denver doing that

vCash
    I don't see why everyone thinks Denver wont part with miller for revis. It's much harder to find a CB who can alter an entire game plan. And not to mention they have another stellar pass rusher in dumerville. There closer to the SB with revis then Von Miller IMO. I could see that happening, and would be happy.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    This is at least a few days old. They obviously couldn't hook us up with much by way of draft picks - their 1st is quite low.

NY69 reminds us all that there'd be a 12M cap hit for dealing Revis. There are no easy, clear-cut decisions. I think he plays this year and walks away at the end of the season.
    before june not after june.
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    It hurts to think we are almost forced to trade potentially the greatest Jet ever. I hope we get something big in return but I just don't see it.

I would be very happy with Von Miller but I don't see Denver doing that
    von miller and demaryius thomas
    NY JETS ,LA LAKERS,NY METS

vCash
    How about elvis dummervil and peyton manning for revis?
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast