Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    Would do it in a heart beat! A top 5 WR, particularly in our waste-land of offensive talent, is way more important - to me, than a top CB.

We lose last year because of no offensive firepower - of course Sanchez sucked, but how great of a QB would we have needed to score points with a leaky O-line, a mediocre top RB, and throwing the ball to Jeff Cumberland (who I have some hopes for - we'll see), Clyde Gates (puke), Jason Hill (hahaha), Mardy Gilyard, Chaz Schilens, and compared to them - the GREAT Jeremy Kerley (I love him, but when he's the top receiving talent - we're sunk)!

Larry Fitzgerald, with Kurt warner - took a lowly Arizona Team to the brink of a Super Bowl Win! If it wasn't for a miraculous play - throw and catch, by Ben and Satanio Holmes - they would've won.

Now - the Cardinals have Patrick Peterson - definitely in the same class as Revis - hasn't accomplished anything - how did they do this year?

GO JETS!!!
    You and I think alike in terms of the offense. You don't need elite defense anymore, but you DEFINITELY need an offense that can put up 24+ points nearly week in and week out. When you look at the Jets, in today's NFL with all the rules for the offense, putting up 10 vs Pittsburgh; 0 vs San Francisco and Seattle; 10 vs Houston; 9 vs Miami; 10 vs Tennessee; 9 vs Buffalo; 7 vs Arizona; I'm sorry folks, Darrelle Revis and a 16 million a year salary does not solve that. Offensive weapons, and plenty of them solve that-- All across the board! If Revis helps us net picks and/or players to do that, I am all for it.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    You and I think alike in terms of the offense. You don't need elite defense anymore, but you DEFINITELY need an offense that can put up 24+ points nearly week in and week out. When you look at the Jets, in today's NFL with all the rules for the offense, putting up 10 vs Pittsburgh; 0 vs San Francisco and Seattle; 10 vs Houston; 9 vs Miami; 10 vs Tennessee; 9 vs Buffalo; 7 vs Arizona; I'm sorry folks, Darrelle Revis and a 16 million a year salary does not solve that. Offensive weapons, and plenty of them solve that-- All across the board! If Revis helps us net picks and/or players to do that, I am all for it.
    Both Baltimore and San Fran have very good defenses, and they're in the Super Bowl.

Also neither team has what anyone will call an elite offense.

You can win with defense in this league, BUT the offense must hold its own when called upon.
    Revis' contract will prevent the Jets from acquiring talent that will fill several positions with quality players on both sides of the ball.

vCash
    Personally, i think all this is just a bargaining chip for when revis negotiations start, saying, we'll get rid of you if you don't have some flexability. Nothing more. Until it happens, it's all talk.
    Thanks for the sig Jzelenda! http://vaedur.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedur View Post
    Personally, i think all this is just a bargaining chip for when revis negotiations start, saying, we'll get rid of you if you don't have some flexability. Nothing more. Until it happens, it's all talk.
    By definition, everything is all talk until it happens even if it is inevitable.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J-E-T-SJETS3x View Post
    SI's Peter King gets the sense executive VP John Elway will try hard to convince Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Darrelle Revis is the missing piece in Denver.
    Im thinking denver is the best trade partner, there QB only has a few years left. I think they would be the most willing to pick up revis.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I was just looking at it and we failed to score 20 pts in 11 games! That's beyond pathetic. But sure lets have two elite corners both making top 5 corner money. That's going to help us going forward. Can anyone tell me how many teams have won superbowls with two corners making top 5 money at their position? I can bet none.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I was just looking at it and we failed to score 20 pts in 11 games! That's beyond pathetic. But sure lets have two elite corners both making top 5 corner money. That's going to help us going forward. Can anyone tell me how many teams have won superbowls with two corners making top 5 money at their position? I can bet none.
    Dont worry, i'll wait...... (Kat Williams voice)

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Im thinking denver is the best trade partner, there QB only has a few years left. I think they would be the most willing to pick up revis.
    OK, then I want Demmaryius Thomas and a 2nd

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I would love Demmaryius Thomas. He's what I hope and pray Stephen Hill turns into.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    I said this earlier in the week, I was also thinking maybe we can pry von miller! Imagine that Revis for Von miller?

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I said this earlier in the week, I was also thinking maybe we can pry von miller! Imagine that Revis for Von miller?
    Yes this would do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    name the last team with two top 5 corners on it period.

All this talk of what these guys let the team afford.... it's because of these guys they've been able to afford to stack the box with linebackers and pass rushers that can't cover or get to the qb -- and no, it's not because they make too much, it's because Scott and Pace did. It's because they wasted picks on Gholston, Ducasse and Wilson. I know that's harsh for KW but you talk positional value and allocating resources and they burned a 1st rounder on a corner. THESE are the reasons for lack of depth.

Revis is your competitive advantage. There's a reason he thinks somebody will pay him. I mean if Fitz wants out talk to me. But you can't trade either of these guys for store credit.

vCash
    I'm not satisfied with that deal. Thomas is good but I'm not going to do that trade and still not get a first for Darrelle.

This trade is just going to make me mad when it's all said and done. Jets won't get a deal that makes this trade worth it in my eyes ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I'm not satisfied with that deal. Thomas is good but I'm not going to do that trade and still not get a first for Darrelle.

This trade is just going to make me mad when it's all said and done. Jets won't get a deal that makes this trade worth it in my eyes ever.
    Yeah, but I think they're doing the right thing - don't you? I can't sign off on paying a CB 16M. As we have seen, the Patriots quickly countered his presence by not investing in WR's opposite Welker and getting TE's and they've gone on to dominate us winning 4 in a row. He's not THAT valuable.

I think the Jets are (that's right, I said it) smart for not ponying up such huge cap-crippling cash for a guy who is looking to make as much as possible. He's not a QB.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast