Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    two first rounders! Or I would trade him for Von miller, that would be nice.
    1st and a 3rd this year (2013), granted it will be a late 1st because teams that are interested are already good, and a conditional 1st/2nd rounder next year (2014) based on percentage of defensive plays.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    That being said I would rather trade Cro, but I don't think Revis will sign for about 12 million per.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That being said I would rather trade Cro, but I don't think Revis will sign for about 12 million per.
    Is that going to be enough for him to not hold out? Im growing very tired of his ****.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    Is that going to be enough for him to not hold out? Im growing very tired of his ****.
    No it won't.

vCash
    I think if the Jets decided to trade him. A team I would watch for is the Vikings, they probably would be willing to trade Harvin and multiple draft picks. They also might feel like they need to make a big move, so they can surpass the Packers. Just giving you guys a suggestion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    I think if the Jets decided to trade him. A team I would watch for is the Vikings, they probably would be willing to trade Harvin and multiple draft picks. They also might feel like they need to make a big move, so they can surpass the Packers. Just giving you guys a suggestion.
    That's very astute of you - this was the first team I considered as Winfield is about washed up and Harvin is a chip they can use. I think the Vikes feel that they're very close and this would give them a much better team.

vCash
    I'm guessing the Jets would rather have the picks.

vCash
    @ProFootballTalk: Jets G.M. John Idzik just told me that he talked to CB Darrelle Revis on Thursday.

FROM COUNTRY ROADS TO THE BIG APPLE .. FLIGHT GENO , READY FOR DEPARTURE

vCash
    I'm guessing the Jets would rather have the picks.
    Yeah, but Harvin would be perfect for this offense....he's so explosive. He's a more solidly built DeSean Jackson. I would still expect picks on top of that.

vCash
    I can see Jerry trying to jump in on this. He is that type of owner. Everyone knows Revis has the goods.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Yeah, but Harvin would be perfect for this offense....he's so explosive. He's a more solidly built DeSean Jackson. I would still expect picks on top of that.
    The Jets aren't competing next year, a Harvin is looking for a big pay day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I can see Jerry trying to jump in on this. He is that type of owner. Everyone knows Revis has the goods.
    Jerry is that type of owner.

vCash
    1st and a 3rd this year (2013), granted it will be a late 1st because teams that are interested are already good, and a conditional 1st/2nd rounder next year (2014) based on percentage of defensive plays.
    This is not the 2012 draft, elite prospects are really only available in the top 10, probably top 5, so if this is really going to happen for us to stomach this as Jets fans, these are your trading partners:

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Raiders
    4. Eagles
    5. Lions
    6. Browns
    7. Cardinals
    10. Titans

Demand a top 10 pick this year and the reported 2nd rounder woody wants if not more. Supposedly with this gold rush forming we should be able to drive up the price. If you don't have a top 10 pick, make a deal to get one with an NBA style trade (3 or 4 way deal) or offer us one of your elite players with your crappy first round pick. (example: 49ers give us Vernon Davis + 1st rounder + other picks)

If you want an elite player, we need an elite player or pick to get an elite prospect in return.

I'm still against this and I hope he will come to his senses and sign for 12-13 million. If he is really stuck on that 15-16 million figure, put in performance clauses such as opponents pass rating throwing at him is less than 50, he get a million extra. Less than 40, he gets 2 million extra.

I just have a terrible feeling that Woody is going to screw this up for us. He hasn't been cheap all offseason eating money from firing everyone, now he wants to get cheap and not pay our best player.
    Last edited by NYJetsfan69; 01-25-2013 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    The Jets aren't competing next year, a Harvin is looking for a big pay day.
    Which wouldn't happen until 2014 when Holmes, Sanchez and Harris are mostly paid off and Revis would not have to be extended. I think the Jets could handle that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJetsfan69 View Post
    This is not the 2012 draft, elite prospects are really only available in the top 10, probably top 5, so if this is really going to happen for us to stomach this as Jets fans, these are your trading partners:

1. Chiefs
    2. Jaguars
    3. Raiders
    4. Eagles
    5. Lions
    6. Browns
    7. Cardinals
    10. Titans

Demand a top 10 pick this year and the reported 2nd rounder woody wants if not more. Supposedly with this gold rush forming we should be able to drive up the price. If you don't have a top 10 pick, make a deal to get one with an NBA style trade (3 or 4 way deal) or offer us one of your elite players with your crappy first round pick. (example: 49ers give us Vernon Davis + 1st rounder + other picks)

If you want an elite player, we need an elite player or pick to get an elite prospect in return.

I'm still against this and I hope he will come to his senses and sign for 12-13 million. If he is really stuck on that 16 million figure, put in performance clauses such as opponents pass rating throwing at him is less than 50, he get a million extra. Less than 40, he gets 2 million extra.

I just have a terrible feeling that Woody is going to screw this up for us. He hasn't been cheap all offseason eating money from firing everyone, now he wants to get cheap and not pay our best player.
    I'm not sure he would be willing to sign for that.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast