Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people who are pissed about trading Revis. Would you prefer to trade Revis, or let him walk for nothing?
    I just find it hard to believe that there is nothing the Jets can do for him to convince him to take a slightly cheaper contract. Tell the guy he has special treatment. Give him extra this... extra that.. he can come late to some drills or can skip part of training camps. SOMETHING. I find it hard to believe that he ONLY cares about $$$. He said he wants to retire a Jet. Hes done everything he can do. Him and his agent need to realize hes coming off a bad injury. But for the love of god. Just ask him: "What can we do for you outside of more $money$ that would get you to sign?" He understands that the team is strapped for cash.. he wants to help build them a winner and he knows that if he commands so much money, no team (jets or not) is going to be able to pay him what he wants andhave enough leftover to pay for enough players to make a super bowl run. (I also think guys dont like having to uproot their entire family if we trade him to a west coast team)

Is there really nothing they could do for him? Front seats on the bus. He doesnt have to do... X,Y,Z. IDK but something that gives him comfort. But on top of all that you do have to offer him a decent contract offer. You cant say hey you can skip training camps and come late to meetings and then give him a 5-6 mil offer. Its gotta be reasonable. But i find it hard to believe theres nothing that they can add on top of the $$ to convince him to stay.

And ill say this. Yes back loaded contracts are a big part of what got us into this mess. But would it be terrible for Idzik to come in and say: Look we are strapped for cash but we had to resign one of the best players in the league. Revis' dont come around too often. So for him and for him onlywe gave him a big contract with the big cap years coming in 2014+. But then come out and say how this only happened because its revis and thats not how the rest of the team will be handled. I dont care if it sends a bad message, i think its THAT important to keep this guy.

vCash
    If its not similar to the John Grunden trade I don't want anything to do with it.

For those that don't know:
    Gruden replaced the fired Tony Dungy as head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2002, via a high-stakes trade that included Tampa Bay's 2002 and 2003 first-round draft picks, 2002 and 2004 second-round draft picks, and $8 million in cash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    If its not similar to the John Grunden trade I don't want anything to do with it.

For those that don't know:
    Greatest. Sig. Ever.

New York Rangers: 37-29-4, 78PTS
    New York Knicks: 27-40
    New York Yankees, Make Jeter's Last Year Count
    New York Jets, our future is very bright
    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    It's not aboutwhether you actually make the shots its about how close you are to making them.

Man City
    As of 3/18/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JETty12213 View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that there is nothing the Jets can do for him to convince him to take a slightly cheaper contract. Tell the guy he has special treatment. Give him extra this... extra that.. he can come late to some drills or can skip part of training camps. SOMETHING. I find it hard to believe that he ONLY cares about $$$. He said he wants to retire a Jet. Hes done everything he can do. Him and his agent need to realize hes coming off a bad injury. But for the love of god. Just ask him: "What can we do for you outside of more $money$ that would get you to sign?" He understands that the team is strapped for cash.. he wants to help build them a winner and he knows that if he commands so much money, no team (jets or not) is going to be able to pay him what he wants andhave enough leftover to pay for enough players to make a super bowl run. (I also think guys dont like having to uproot their entire family if we trade him to a west coast team)

Is there really nothing they could do for him? Front seats on the bus. He doesnt have to do... X,Y,Z. IDK but something that gives him comfort. But on top of all that you do have to offer him a decent contract offer. You cant say hey you can skip training camps and come late to meetings and then give him a 5-6 mil offer. Its gotta be reasonable. But i find it hard to believe theres nothing that they can add on top of the $$ to convince him to stay.

And ill say this. Yes back loaded contracts are a big part of what got us into this mess. But would it be terrible for Idzik to come in and say: Look we are strapped for cash but we had to resign one of the best players in the league. Revis' dont come around too often. So for him and for him onlywe gave him a big contract with the big cap years coming in 2014+. But then come out and say how this only happened because its revis and thats not how the rest of the team will be handled. I dont care if it sends a bad message, i think its THAT important to keep this guy.
    You are extremely naive on this matter. He wants top 5 money, not top 5 CB money, top 5 money. Did you see what Mario made? He wants more. He wants as much money as possible and he couldn't care LESS about the salary cap. I know you think he should be reasonable and the process should be easy. Based on what I've read, you'd have a very rude awakening if you were to sit in on such meetings. His agents are hardball and he's the best and he knows it. Problem is, the Jets don't need him. They don't. They have a top shut-down CB, why do they need two? And at what cost to the team building will it affect?
    Bottom line: his absence didn't hurt the team. You can't get around that fact.

vCash
    Woody Jonson says he has no idea where these reports that he wants to trade Revis are coming from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by onlythisfar41 View Post
    Greatest. Sig. Ever.
    Haha yeupppppp

vCash
    madden trade time...

give: holmes, revis, sanchez
    get: justin blackmon, 1st & 4th pick 2013, 1st pick 2014 w/ jags eating sanchez's contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Woody Jonson says he has no idea where these reports that he wants to trade Revis are coming from.
    Maybe it has something do with that mole (not the one on your ***).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Not surprised at all by that. Like I said in this thread page one, its sensationalist crap to drive traffic. Our media in NY sucks.

vCash
    i really hope we dont trade revis i see us being a more dangerous team with him then without him even in the longrun. If we have revis and cro as corners and have quality safetys our defense will be top 5 again with coples and wilkerson developing. Our defense is 1 passrusher away from being a defense that could carry a team to a superbowl IMO.
    offensively we will have a good year if we patch up the oline and we have a qb who doesnt suck
    Last edited by JetsYanksDevils; 01-24-2013 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    Exactly what I was going to say. Seems like an attention seeking headline. Not going to give it traffic. hate the media.

But yes, I would look into it, but as I have said in a couple of threads it would have to be an awesome package that includes a high pick swapping Holmes for their number 1 (I don't hate Holmes either, just rather not pay that much for him. Although he fits this system) and maybe a swap of backs (McKnight or Powell)
    Idzik would be an idiot if he didn't at least test the waters on Revis. If he doesn't get what he want, the Jets still hold oall the card on Revis's situation for the next 11 months.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    We ranked 5th in defense proving we can still be a top 5 defense without Revis. Face of the franchise? I'm sorry but that's supposed to be either the QB by a wide margin or at least a RB/WR. Not a ****ing corner. I love Revis but his ****ing uncle and greedy agents are the problem here. He wants to be a jet and be the highest paid NFL player...I'm sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too. The jets should've done this much earlier but I understand they were trying to win a SB. I love Revis but we have way too much invested in him and especially for a corner. We have so many needs and to miss out on potential players in FA or guys on our current roster that we can't pay is not worth the constant trouble that we'll be dealing with by keeping Revis. This isn't the first time and it most certainly won't be the last time that we have to negotiate a new deal with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Idzik would be an idiot if he didn't at least test the waters on Revis. If he doesn't get what he want, the Jets still hold oall the card on Revis's situation for the next 11 months.
    Yup...if I were the JETS and Revis started playing hardball I would bench his *** and tell the league it is because his piss poor performance in practice...that should hurt his paycheck for the future/

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    To me this is terrible!

You dont trade away your best players.

For the sake of argument lets say we get two firsts in two years.

Are Quinton Coples and Muhammed Wilkerson worth more to us than Darelle?

Wilkerson is a very good player and Coples MIGHT become one.

Revis is an all pro player who has the potential to the best in his position for years to come.
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2013 season
    155 carries, 621 yards, 1TD
    35 receptions, 276 yards, 0 TDs

vCash
    Revis24: I'm speechless by far but more importantly I feel more upset for the jet nation for having to go through this!!!

Revos24: I guess we'll see how this plays out.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast