Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pau Gasol

vCash

Pau Gasol

I'd been thinking about this for a little while, but after reading Bill Simmons/Zach Lowe's article on Grantland about the state of the Lakers, it made me start to think about it more seriously.

I'd considered several options in a trade, but Iguodala for Pau Gasol. Might need to throw in something else to make it work (Mozgov?), but to me, it makes sense. It works, $$'s-wise, and gives Denver a true low-post scorer. Like Simmons, I watched the Olympics and watched Pau dominate on the block for Spain - I dont really believe hes finished. His athleticism has probably declined a bit, but he was never the greatest athlete out there.

And lets be honest right now, the Iguodala experiment hasnt worked. Hes brought better passing and rebounding to the 2-guard spot, but Im not sure that justifies the expense of his contract. Besides, his contract expires at the end of this season, and hes going to want to get paid again. Maybe not the $19M or so hes on this season, but in that range of $15M+ p.a., and I have no doubt that some team will give it to him.

Wed have Gasol on the books at $19M p.a. for the next 2 seasons. It would also allow us to look at potentially trading McGee (for a shooter?), if we consider that Gasol/Koufos is a solid starter/back-up combination, and would allow Denver to rotate Gasol to the 4 and play him alongside Koufos at times.

Anyone with me? Or would you consider it too much of a risk for a guy whos in his 30s?

vCash
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww no thank you

Andre has had trouble assimilating into the offense, but pau looks terrible right now and i have no interest in a lateral move that reduces our financial flexibility

i would do it only if we got a third team involved

Iggy and Mozgov for Pau and picks from the 3rd team is meh

vCash
    yea no way I would go after that deal. The Iggy trade has not been bad. If at all it has been good thus far. Sure he isn't posting up the numbers but we are winning finally. He brings so much more than just scoring and we really need that. We need the defense, passing, and rebounding that he brings. Iggy will eventually get the hang of our offense.

Anyway if we start trading players we just received, players would not want to sign here. If we did trade Moz/Iggy I would go for a younger pf. However, I think the only trade that we should consider is Moz for a shooter.

vCash
    This trade briefly crossed my mind (Iggy for pau swap) but after seeing the Lakers play as of late I wouldn't do it. Mentally he looks done and physically hes been dealing with pain. He wouldn't do well in this high pace tempo offense...

Trade woulda been great a couple years back though
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 01-24-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Wouldn't help us greatly but would help the Lakers. So no. Let them rot.

vCash
    Only player I would want from the Lakers and is worth anything is Kobe Bryant, don't even like the dude. Gasol is terrible, defensive liability and hes too slow now. He would not fit in our offensive scheme. This team shouldn't make any major moves, something small will most likely happen though. I don't see the team trading away Brewer and most likely will re-sign him next season. Will have to be our other bench players being moved: Moz or JHam since Karl hates him.

vCash
    gasol solves next to nothing for us....his offense right now consists of random 3's and a poor mid range shooting, his defense is no better, he's not the biggest guy so he'll still get pushed around by some centers....gasol can stay in LA and come off the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DJiC View Post
    gasol solves next to nothing for us....his offense right now consists of random 3's and a poor mid range shooting, his defense is no better, he's not the biggest guy so he'll still get pushed around by some centers....gasol can stay in LA and come off the bench
    Thats a result of coaching.

If D'Antoni was coaching the nuggets you could bet Mcgee would be shooting 3's. Gasol DOES bring a post game none of these bigs have

He COULD come in handy during the playoffs if we traded for him
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    i would do trade for him only if we could get him for maybe:Chandler,Mozzy,Randolph or something like that..

vCash
    Pau looks really bad right now and we're starting to get some kind of consistency now...Pau is soft as well. When the going gets tough...does Pau step up? I say nah..no thanks.

vCash
    i posted that trade on LAL forums and this is answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    No thanks

A piece of advice though... You will need a new user name in 3-4 weeks when Lawson is in boston
    Any rumors about it :S

vCash
    unless rondo is part of the deal theres no truth.....no package on boston without rondo can equal lawson.... as for gasol shooting 3 as a result of dantoni system i dont believe it....gasol these past few seasons has shot more 3's than his whole career this even prior to dantoni.....gasol we can live without...i dont disagree he will help our post offense, but his mental state right now his post offense is not much help right now...mentally and physically as of now hes not there....if anything id rather go after marc gasol over pau

vCash
    i was thinking something like Ty,KK/Mozzy for Rondo..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Lawson View Post
    i posted that trade on LAL forums and this is answer:

Any rumors about it :S
    I guess Chad Ford (ESPN) mentioned Denver when he was answering questions on their website. Here's what he said:

Q:You've mentioned the possibility of the Celtics dealing Rondo. If they went down that road, who might have the desire and pieces to be a trade partner?

A:It's just one option for Danny Ainge. I think their first preference is to add a big man without breaking up their veteran core of KG, Paul Pierce and Rondo. But if they can't do that, I do think the Rondo, and even Paul Pierce, trade options are on the table. Rondo's been on the block before and despite his incredible play, hasn't drawn huge interest because of his reputation of being a difficult player to coach and a tough teammate. With that said I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like the Nuggets get in the picture. Yes, they have two point guards already, but Rondo would be an upgrade on a team trying to compete right now and they have the pieces that could entice Danny Ainge to make a deal.

vCash
    rumor is ty,brewer,mcgee for rondo,green,1st
    and it looks like we are interested in it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast