Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loungo Ordeal

vCash

Loungo Ordeal

Hey guys,

Just throwing this out there... Yes, it seems completely assenine but thats why it makes sense for the isles organization to do this. As we already know, tsn.ca and espn have both reported that this trade in place is with a team who IS NOT "who we're thinking of". That tells me that it rules out philly and toronto. They also said it involved a player in an organziation the the organization "has to do something with". This makes me thing of the nino neiderrieter situation... Call me crazy but i have a gut feeling.

Nino would go with nabby and a D man to VAN

For

Loungo
    Either a B- spec or a 3rd rd pick
    Cash

Your thoughts on a possible trade or the idea or a trade and its legitimacy?

vCash
    That would be nuts if we dealt Nino for Luongo... idk what Id even think of that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    If all the stuff you said in your post is true though... than idk... maybe

vCash
    Its on tsn.ca AND they just said it 30 mins ago on espn...

vCash

vCash
    Quite a stretch to take that little bit of information and connect it to the isles. You could take that and connect him to almost any team. Like pk and Montreal.

vCash
    Not sure I would want Luongo tbh. Rather get Poulin up here, dump dp, and call up Nino, Strome, Reinhart and see what we got.lol

vCash
    He was here, draft by us back in the late 90s, had to be a reason why we got rid of him. He's great at getting your team into the playoffs but will choke once you are there. I don't want him back, I think he is overrated just my opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    He was here, draft by us back in the late 90s, had to be a reason why we got rid of him. He's great at getting your team into the playoffs but will choke once you are there. I don't want him back, I think he is overrated just my opinion.
    Haha sound familiar? Arod? Haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Shelf 13 View Post
    Haha sound familiar? Arod? Haha
    Yup. If we were to go after a goalie (which I hope we do sometime, I don't like what I have seen out of Poulin in Bridgeport unless his stats arent what they appear to be) I'd rather it be Michal Neuvirth, Jonathan Bernier, or even Jonas Hiller, a guy coming off of a down year and is still only 30.

vCash
    I wouldn't be mad if we got Luongo, I know what we would have in him, a strong goalie that can get us into the playoffs... but the question is will he get us out of the 1st round? He's still a top 10 goalie, but the guy absolutely chokes in crunch time.

vCash
    Because a few years later they drafted DP who they thought was a better goalie.

vCash
    If we could get luongo without giving up too much, then do it. Im not dealing Nino in a deal for an overrated goalie who has a record of his game getting worse int eh playoffs and who has a massive contract, even though he is still arguably a top 5 goalie, something we don't have and won't have for a long time. Even if Poulin or Nilsson turn into something, they wont be elite, Id expect them to be in the 10-20 range of goalies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    If we could get luongo without giving up too much, then do it. Im not dealing Nino in a deal for an overrated goalie who has a record of his game getting worse int eh playoffs and who has a massive contract, even though he is still arguably a top 5 goalie, something we don't have and won't have for a long time. Even if Poulin or Nilsson turn into something, they wont be elite, Id expect them to be in the 10-20 range of goalies.
    Aye to this, but I really think Poulin or Nilsson won't be top of the pack goalies... I see them topping out at average, but realistically below average... Poulin and Nilsson are bottem in the AHL http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

I agree with you though Kmo, NO TO LUNONGO if it involves major prospects. At the stage in his career (I think he is 33) hes to old to build around and is overrated.

vCash
    Aye to this, but I really think Poulin or Nilsson won't be top of the pack goalies... I see them topping out at average, but realistically below average... Poulin and Nilsson are bottem in the AHL http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....id=-1&confId=0

I agree with you though Kmo, NO TO LUNONGO if it involves major prospects. At the stage in his career (I think he is 33) hes to old to build around and is overrated.
    I disagree about Poulin....dude played pretty solid when he played in the NHL. I believe he started slow last year but got hot for like 20 straight games. By your logic Fleury is only average cause he sucked last year.lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast