Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Atlanta is banking on Upton being the player he's been said to be since he was like f'n 12. Not a bad gamble, they need the potential superstar with Chipper gone. That OF is sick on upside.

Prado is a really good player, possibly underrated in this thread (didn't read) and probably underrated by the people I have seen break this down. 1. His defense matters. 2. His offense is really good and could see a nice boost by hitting in Arizona's park. 3. He should be a little cheaper to lock up than Upton. 4. The guy is a .300 hitter who can hit 40 doubles and a .350 OBP with strong infield defense at a non-1B position. That's a crazy valuable player.

I like Delgado better than Teheran, and I am like whaaaat on how loaded Teheran's bandwagon still is. Everyone seems to notch this onto the list of things that makes Kevin Towers the new heel GM on the internet. Ahmed is a more interesting SS prospect than his slash line suggests as he hit 36 doubles in the Carolina League with a 6'3" frame and SS defense. Spruill is meh, but can grow into an innings eating #5 starter.

To me this is a really solid trade for both sides.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Atlanta is banking on Upton being the player he's been said to be since he was like f'n 12. Not a bad gamble, they need the potential superstar with Chipper gone. That OF is sick on upside.

Prado is a really good player, possibly underrated in this thread (didn't read) and probably underrated by the people I have seen break this down. 1. His defense matters. 2. His offense is really good and could see a nice boost by hitting in Arizona's park. 3. He should be a little cheaper to lock up than Upton. 4. The guy is a .300 hitter who can hit 40 doubles and a .350 OBP with strong infield defense at a non-1B position. That's a crazy valuable player.

I like Delgado better than Teheran, and I am like whaaaat on how loaded Teheran's bandwagon still is. Everyone seems to notch this onto the list of things that makes Kevin Towers the new heel GM on the internet. Ahmed is a more interesting SS prospect than his slash line suggests as he hit 36 doubles in the Carolina League with a 6'3" frame and SS defense. Spruill is meh, but can grow into an innings eating #5 starter.

To me this is a really solid trade for both sides.
    This...

And even more so if the Dbacks re-sign Prado which i believe they will.

vCash
    I don't understand why Arizona wanted to trade him so bad? I think he's still signed for a couple more years. Plus, he's still a young player with a lot of potential and I'm pretty sure he's already had at least 1 really good year already.
    NBA - Miami Heat
    MLB - Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashMacker View Post
    I don't understand why Arizona wanted to trade him so bad? I think he's still signed for a couple more years. Plus, he's still a young player with a lot of potential and I'm pretty sure he's already had at least 1 really good year already.
    Kevin Towers didn't like his attitude.

It was the same reason they sold low on Bauer.

vCash
    just checked his 2009 and 2011 seasons were good.
    NBA - Miami Heat
    MLB - Detroit Tigers

vCash
    What's his attitude like? I don't know much about him
    NBA - Miami Heat
    MLB - Detroit Tigers

vCash
    Ken Rosenthal lays out what he thinks the reasoning was behind Arizona's willingness to get rid of Upton:

The Diamondbacks want a certain type of player - single-minded, outwardly intense, fierce. Cody Ross is that kind of player. Martin Prado is that kind of player. Upton, according to one of his former teammates, is not - at least not in the perception of Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers and manager Kirk Gibson.

"The problem is that he didn't play with a high level of energy," said the former teammate, who spoke on the condition that he would not be identified. "What I think they want is guys who play with the speed, energy and intensity of the Oregon football team - all out, all the time.

"Justin doesn't have that kind of attitude; he has a quiet intensity that doesn't fit the mold of what KT and Gibby seem to want. He plays hard, but has to look suave doing it. Slamming into walls isn't his thing, and they will accept nothing short of all-out sacrifice for the team."
    http://www.talkingchop.com/2013/1/25...g-justin-upton

vCash
    Well i could understand why they'd want that player.. It doesn't help when you don't win, because the attitude gets worse.. I expect him to play like Heyward does.. I can see those 3 clicking up and going after it.. Chipper needs to hurry up get apart of this team, so they can really listen.. He commands respect from everyone.. I'd really like to have a better leadoff hitter, because there's power everywhere, but Simmons has the skills.. Let's hope he puts it together sooner rather than later.

vCash
    Arizona made 2 terrible trades this offseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If they didnt think they could sign Prado what makes the braves confident they can sign Upton?2 years of upton only correct? Basically 2 years of upton for 1 year of prado and specs
    Because they have openly said how badly they want to play together. If the braves take care of the brothers come re-up time I find it VERY hard to believe they won't return the favor. If not o'well draft an OF with the pick we get from bourn and start grooming him lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'd argue that the Braves aren't necessarily any better than they were last year.
    Lol I think moving tommy Hanson and JJ out of our rotation for good instantly made this team better. Add in the fact that JT meets half his potential this year, minor continues second half run and beachy comes back at all star break and we have a wonderful dilemma this year instead of how can we BS an injury to get Hanson and JJ out of the rotation for a while. Also if any of our OFs hit their potential this year it's a good good season.

vCash
    ^and a healthy shoulder for McCann

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Kevin Towers didn't like his attitude.

It was the same reason they sold low on Bauer.
    I don't even want to touch the Bauer thing again, but ownership is the one who called out Upton.

vCash
    towers is trying to be more like the a's an orioles is my guess, he wants hard working pro veteran athletes...do i think it smart? no, i think he went beyond with upton...i still feel the reason upton was bad is because he had no one around him, in atlanta he has more people around him, and for prado, we could of signed him, we prolly were if we didnt get upton, but you know what prado can do an thats hit almost 300. with 10 homeruns, an 70 rbi's, he's just a very solid player, if you look at upton, he has the potential to hit 30 homeruns, hit 280. with 100 or more rbi's trust me i will miss prado an im sure he will do great in arizona, but we got the best out of this deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderKid318 View Post
    Lol I think moving tommy Hanson and JJ out of our rotation for good instantly made this team better. Add in the fact that JT meets half his potential this year, minor continues second half run and beachy comes back at all star break and we have a wonderful dilemma this year instead of how can we BS an injury to get Hanson and JJ out of the rotation for a while. Also if any of our OFs hit their potential this year it's a good good season.
    Not to mention a full year of Meds

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast