Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Are the Braves now the faves in the east or Nats still?
    Not for me.
    Nationals > Braves imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Nats for me
    Where do you think Bourn ends up now?

vCash
    I said I would take Prado if Upton repeats his 2012, and I and everyone else should and would.
    You are ****ing insane. How soon you forget about their 2011 seasons. Omgz anchent hiztury

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    You are ****ing insane. How soon you forget about their 2011 seasons. Omgz anchent hiztury
    I guess that means you are forgetting about their 2012 seasons....ya know...the one that just happened and instead focusing on 2011.

If Upton and Prado both repeat that, Upton will look like a washed up former first rounder who isn't going to put his talent together, and Prado is an all-star caliber player that can play multiple positions.

Seriously, if Upton repeats his 2012 season, it's going to be pretty ugly. Still young, but he is at the age where he needs to be breaking out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by popo85 View Post
    Where do you think Bourn ends up now?
    No clue.

He and Lohse are in limbo because nobody wants to give up a draft pick for either of them.

Both I bet sign one year deals somewhere and try to hit the market again next year.

vCash
    No clue.

He and Lohse are in limbo because nobody wants to give up a draft pick for either of them.

Both I bet sign one year deals somewhere and try to hit the market again next year.
    Mets are trying to get Bourn without losing their 11th pick, since initially it was a top 10 pick.

vCash
    I guess that means you are forgetting about their 2012 seasons....ya know...the one that just happened

If Upton and Prado both repeat that, Upton will look like a washed up former first rounder who isn't going to put his talent together, and Prado is an all-star caliber player that can play multiple positions.

Seriously, if Upton repeats his 2012 season, it's going to be pretty ugly. Still young, but he is at the age where he needs to be breaking out.
    Yeah, it could definitely be bad for the Braves.
    But I don't think Prado will be the player in this deal to hurt Atlanta.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    The Braves outfield is scary. BJ, Justin, and Heyward. Defense combined with offense.
    They needed a 3rd basemen and they got him as well. Suddenly, there offense is at the top.
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/oscar-taveras
    ~ Oscar Taveras ~ The next Phenom

vCash
    I think I speak for the rest of the National East when I say

**** this.

vCash
    What's there to believe?

I posted the numbers. Are you asking if I believe in the numbers? Because they are relevant to the discussion in every way.

Upton is way more athletic and gifted. But Prado is a true baseball player. Production is production, and Prado who will make less this year has produced basically what Upton has produced.

It's 3 years for 1 year of Prado so it's not even. But people have a lot of love for Upton because of his former performances and being a former first overall pick, and his ability to hit the ball 460 feet. Prado does the little things, and they add up.

Yes, they aren't far from equivalent in value.
    You are putting too much emphasis on Justin Upton 2012 season, he was playing injured most of the time, and every baseball scout can bet that he is a lot better than 2012, he actually has been better than 2012 before. I really love Prado and i'm sad to see him go, but Upton is the better player. In your opinion, as a baseball fan do you think Upton will be better than 2012 for the next 3 years? i mean your opinion i'm not trying to make you predict anything...

vCash
    Upton has also spent his entire career in a hitters paradise.

Let's look at the last three years

J. Upton - .281/.361/.469 - .359 wOBA, 120 wRC+, 11.9 fWAR
    M. Prado - .290/.339/.428 - .335 wOBA, 108 wRC+, 11.8 fWAR

And you can't throw out defense because you don't like the argument. Prado is elite defensively, and is so at multiple positions. He could be an everyday shortstop.

Total net runs over the last three seasons:

Prado
    320 RC
    9.6 BSR
    19 DRS
    +3 Positional adjustment
    = 351.6 Net total runs last three seasons

Upton
    374 RC
    10.7 BSR
    16 DRS
    +2.5 Positional adjustment
    = 401.2 total net runs in 3 seasons

Pretty close to the same number of PA

These guys are closer than one would assume. You have to believe that Upton will improve moving forward because of his age. But if he repeats his 2012, nevermind. I'd rather have Prado.
    You proved my point, showing Upton has provided 50 more net total runs then Prado.

The reason I said throw it out was because Prado's WAR is tremendously defensive weighted.

Upton's career OPS is .832. In 2012 Upton had a down year offensively and still OPS'd .785 thats .005 higher than Prado's career average.

I hope you really dont believe what I bolded.

vCash
    ^^Yes but you forget that defensive stats become 100% accurate when they happen to suit his argument. Duh.

vCash
    Anytime a good player gets traded or signs with a team that is not the posters favorite team that player all of a sudden becomes overrated and overpaid. Standard PSD posts.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    No clue.

The Mets are talking about a long term deal for him, they are also petitioning the league to make their 11th pick protected because they had the 10th worst record.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/ml...rst-round-pick

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/mets/...8tiQX7rAwq3aMP

I really wouldn't want to give him more than 3 years though.

vCash
    Toolswise it is a great outfield. But the Uptons and Heyward are also some of the streakiest hot and cold players in all of baseball as well. There are gonna be times when Braves fans are gonna be pulling out their hair but if they can reach their potential and find some consistency watch out. The Braves are gonna be a fun team to watch

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast