Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Upton brothers....unite!!!

| .372 AVG | 0 HR | 2 RBI | 6 SB | .438 OBP | .442 SLG | .394 wOBA |

vCash
    I don't think AZ got enough in return. With the DBacks in the West, that doesn't bother me too much.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Prado had a similar rWAR in 2010 and will benefit greatly from hitting in Chase Field.

Its one of the two or three best offensive parks in MLB.

As for Bourn he also had a similar rWAR in 2009 and 2010. There is no reason with his skillset he can't repeat that type of value.

He's a GG, a great stolen base threat, and depending on where he signs his other offensive numbers can improve.
    A lot of their value came from extreme UZR which will be hard to repeat and Justin has twiced posted a .898 OPS which neither Prado or Bourn could touch. Yes, it will be tough for the Uptons to match what they did this year but it can be offset by a full year of Simmons (pastornicky had a -1.1 WAR), a full year of Medlen, and getting Beachy back. The Nationals are clearly better but it would be delusional to not think it will be a close race throughout the year.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    There is almost no correlation between strike outs and runs scored
    http://capitolavenueclub.com/?p=8268
    While this may be true on paper. Most teams didn't have 4 starters whiffing 150 times each. Usually 1 or 2 not 4.

vCash
    There is almost no correlation between strike outs and runs scored
    http://capitolavenueclub.com/?p=8268
    Yes but there is a huge correlation between strike outs and me getting pissed off lol

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    A lot of their value came from extreme UZR which will be hard to repeat and Justin has twiced posted .898 OPS which neither Prado or Bourn could touch. Yes, it will be tough for the Uptons to match what they did this year but it can be offset by a full year of Simmons (pastornicky had a -1.1 WAR), a full year of Medlen, and getting Beachy back. The Nationals are clearly better but it would be delusional to not think it will be a close race throughout the year.
    I am not saying it won't be close..

I am just saying both Uptons can be potential downgrades.

vCash
    I don't like what the D-Backs have done this offseason. They seem like they are clumsily trying to rebuild but moving backwards as much as forwards. I really think they should have taken the Mariners offer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgersuck View Post
    I don't like what the D-Backs have done this offseason. They seem like they are clumsily trying to rebuild but moving backwards as much as forwards. I really think they should have taken the Mariners offer
    They did but Upton vetoed the trade

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Great deal for Atlanta the Seattle deal was better then this one for Arizona.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    But that's my point...

If Bourn and Prado repeat similar value this year you will lose potential wins with having both Uptons instead.
    You also have to believe that J.Upton will be much better than 2012.

vCash
    MetsWon69, we understand you're a Mets fan Its ok, we forgive you for doing your best to rain down on this parade!

We all loved Prado, but he is a one year rental! he was asking for $12m + on an extension after 2013. so the Braves gave up 1 year of Prado, and Delgado (who almost got traded for half a year of Dempster) and nick Ahmed who is blocked by Simmons. The braves did not include any of their top 9 prospects on this trade to acquire 25 year old Justin Upton to roam the outfield with his brother and J-hey for the next 3 years!

By the way there are plenty of articles showing why J. Uptons splits are meaningless. Mets fans even posted it in your own forums.

YoungStunna, I have read your posts in your forum how much of a superstar J. Upton was when the Mets inquired on him, all of a sudden, in a braves uni. he's inconsistent? Be consistent bro. shocking how only the two Mets fans are the one who dont like this trade! Hmm..
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Great deal for Atlanta the Seattle deal was better then this one for Arizona.
    Agree but Arizona had no control over Justin's veto for the trade...

vCash
    I don't have insider anymore but this is from Law

Atlanta didn't specifically need Justin Upton to be playoff contenders again in 2013, but having him certainly helps, and since they got him for about fifty cents on the dollar, they should be over the moon about the deal they wrapped up today, which restores what they've lost with Michael Bourn's departure and sets them up well for the two years that follow as well.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    I do believe that Towers will trade Prado before the trade deadline for more prospects making this deal a little better for them. A team like Detroit who has had interest in Prado in the past could need him by the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justOmazing View Post
    I'd switch a few up.

Against LHP:
    BJ
    Simmons
    Heyward
    Justin
    Freeman
    Uggz
    Mac
    Chris Johnson
    Pitcher

Against RHP:
    BJ
    Simmons
    Heyward
    Justin
    Freeman
    Mac
    Uggz
    Juan Francisco
    Pitcher

But all this could change seriously if Mac turns things around too.
    Switch Simmons and BJ...

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast