Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hope this pulls thru...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar View Post
    I am not sold on Teheran, and would love to see this trade go through with him as the centerpiece. Our outfield would be so exciting...
    Would be a top 5 outfield probably.

The talent is there, but not necessarily the production completely.

good defense, but offensively, Heyward is the best hitter, and J. Upton and Heyward have had hot and cold seasons recently.

Kind of a wild card how good they would be next season. They have the talent to be one of the best outfields, but if they were all together last year, they would probably have been the 8th-12th best outfield.

vCash
    If they make a better offer than Mike Olt, Leury Garcia, Martin Perez or Cody Buckel, plus a 4th spec then the Braves deserve him, and it will probably be an overpayment.

vCash
    I just don't see how the Dbacks make out in this trade unless Simmons is included. The Rangers could offer Olt ++, and the Cubs could offer Baez ++.. Wouldn't you guys rather explore those two routes before a Teheran ++ route? Given the young pitching galore that the Dbacks have collected that is..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    If they make a better offer than Mike Olt, Leury Garcia, Martin Perez or Cody Buckel, plus a 4th spec then the Braves deserve him, and it will probably be an overpayment.
    I don't know how some people think Teheran wouldn't make this deal worth it. Julio Teheran has consistently been a top 15 or top 10 prospect in baseball. From what I have been reading, they love Evan Gattis and he would be part of the package. I am sure Nick Ahmed would be in this deal as well. If the go Teheran, Gattis, Ahmed and another pitching prospect like Graham...then that would be a massive package. Ahmed could be removed with the addition of Pennington and Didi Gregorious. In that case, Graham would definitely be in the mix.

vCash
    Olt has turned many people off after a sub-par showing in the bigs when he was called up. Teheran may have been down last yr, but he dominated AAA the yr before and has dominated every other yr in the minors...pure domination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    I don't know how some people think Teheran wouldn't make this deal worth it. Julio Teheran has consistently been a top 15 or top 10 prospect in baseball. From what I have been reading, they love Evan Gattis and he would be part of the package. I am sure Nick Ahmed would be in this deal as well. If the go Teheran, Gattis, Ahmed and another pitching prospect like Graham...then that would be a massive package. Ahmed could be removed with the addition of Pennington and Didi Gregorious. In that case, Graham would definitely be in the mix.
    Teheran was knocked down alot, but he's still a very good prospect. He was rushed through the minors was incredibly young at every level. Also I think not getting the spot on the ML roster hurt him last year.
    Lakers Off-Season Checklist:

[X] Trade Bynum for D12
    [X] Get a PG(Nash!)
    [X]Re-sign Hill or sign Camby
    [ ]Sign Grant Hill---NOPE
    [X]Sign Jamison
    [X]Sign a Back-up Guard(Barbosa, Mayo, Meeks, etc.)
    [X]Re-sign Devin Ebanks
    [X]Re-sign Darius Morris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
    Teheran was knocked down alot, but he's still a very good prospect. He was rushed through the minors was incredibly young at every level. Also I think not getting the spot on the ML roster hurt him last year.
    Very well possible but instead, they kept him down at AAA to work on his mechanics...

vCash
    Olt has turned many people off after a sub-par showing in the bigs when he was called up. Teheran may have been down last yr, but he dominated AAA the yr before and has dominated every other yr in the minors...pure domination.

It was 40 PA. Anyone turned off by that doesn't belong in the big leagues evaluating anything.

and how the hell can you reward Teheran for domination in the minors and ignore his big league failures, and ignore it with Olt?

Sounds like you might be a Braves fan.

Teheran not only has faced more big league PA than Olt has taken, and done worse. But Olt dominated this year in the minors, it's been a year for Teheran.

I'm not trying to compare the two in value. But how can you dismiss one and accept the other over extreme circumstances?

40 PA for Olt means he sucks? But Teheran is good because of work he did a year ago? And you conveniently ignore what Olt did this year? And ignore what Teheran did this year?
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 01-23-2013 at 09:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    No the Braves changed his mechanics just like Cards did with Miller. Neither worked.
    actually miller was nearly un-hittable in the second half of the season after we changed his mechanics

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    actually miller was nearly un-hittable in the second half of the season after we changed his mechanics
    And he showed up out of shape.

He was throwing two-seamers, which was probably by order of staff. But when he went on the no-shake rule and started throwing his four-seamer again he was good again.

His mechanics were never changed though.

vCash
    I'm not knocking Teheran at all, but I think the package ARZ turned down from Texas was insane. Perez or Buckel could wind up just as good as Teheran, much less the other top 10 players from our farm we would give it.

What I meant was it seems ARZ wants the moon, and it seems anyone is going to be overpaying if he's traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    I'm not knocking Teheran at all, but I think the package ARZ turned down from Texas was insane. Perez or Buckel could wind up just as good as Teheran, much less the other top 10 players from our farm we would give it.

What I meant was it seems ARZ wants the moon, and it seems anyone is going to be overpaying if he's traded.
    it's rumored that az would want both teheran and graham, which would beat most other proposals out there.

vCash
    So Towers expects the Cubs to give up Castro, but the Braves can do a deal where Teheran is the leading piece. Towers is absolutely baffling. He should have taken Baez+ when it was offered.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    So Towers expects the Cubs to give up Castro, but the Braves can do a deal where Teheran is the leading piece. Towers is absolutely baffling. He should have taken Baez+ when it was offered.
    graham and teheran are the two highest rated prospects in the braves system. the braves also have the benefit of being known for producing good starting pitching. Both wainright and harrison were traded out of the braves system in their last couple of big trade deals.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast