Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bucks GM Hammond agrees to extension

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I like the move a lot. Always been a fan of Hammond. He's made some signings that didn't turn out but he's constantly at least working to build a winning team with all the moves he makes.

vCash
    I like this a lot. I like Hammond, he has always been active in making moves to make this team better. A couple of his signings and draft picks were questionable, but every GM makes questionable moves. I'm glad to see he is sticking around, hopefully he has some good moves up his sleeve now.
    [Center]FEAR THE DEAR

vCash
    ^^^And the thing is its sorta hard to blame him for some questionable signings and draft picks too. We aren't really a free agent hotbed, so he sort of has to take what he can get, which generally means signing mediocre players to contracts worthy of good players. Also, its not like he's really missed on a high draft pick either. We consistently give him picks from 9-17 or so, and those players usually aren't a sure thing and have some hole in their game.

I have no problem with the extension. Its really hard to really get an accurate gauge on the type of GM he really is since he really doesn't have the resources to make huge splashes.

vCash
    im loving this move! the only wrong things he's done were the "right moves at the time" needing size in gooden salmons played outta his mind, ilyasova balled like crazy last year, alexander was a player lots of fans and gms seemed to want at the time so his moves were the right ones at the time but just didnt pan out
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Only move I really question him was why didn't we unload Richard Jefferson at the deadline for a expiring LaFrentz or Wally? One rumor which was Portland wanted a asset like Sessions. Well that summer we let him walk. He waited till that summer then traded for players. Still all worked on in the end. He still got GM of the year that season. He had a roster of over 27 players then did 3 for 1 and 2 for 1 and some were waived that were partial non guaranteed like Bruce Bowen.

vCash
    http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic...udioId=6210028

1/23/13 2PM CST Wendy's Big Show with Sparky and Ted Davis discuss Hammond back for three more years. Then they discuss who has to go from the Lakers. Then they take callers. Some say trade Kobe. Some say get rid of Howard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Only move I really question him was why didn't we unload Richard Jefferson at the deadline for a expiring LaFrentz or Wally? One rumor which was Portland wanted a asset like Sessions. Well that summer we let him walk. He waited till that summer then traded for players. Still all worked on in the end. He still got GM of the year that season. He had a roster of over 27 players then did 3 for 1 and 2 for 1 and some were waived that were partial non guaranteed like Bruce Bowen.
    Yeah i suppose those "non moves" could be brought up but who knows what the real proposed trades were at the time and if he thought they'd be able to resign sessions that season. Hindsights 20/20
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    http://www.sportsradio1250.com/topic...udioId=6211248

John Hammond on WSSP 1250 with Bill Michaels. Talks about the three year deal. Then Michaels asks is Kohl here or gonna sell. Hammonds said Kohl is here no sale. Hammond mentioned were a young club. Then mentions we will try and sign Jennings this summer but can match all offers cause Jennings is a RFA. Then mentions we could lose Ellis since he has a player option. Then he mentions Jennings should be in the all star game. Then mentions Jennings got snubbed for rookie of the year and we had 46 wins. Then they asked at the trading deadline if there's anything you want what is it? Hammond mention more athletic player or dunks and more 3 point shooting for the fans. Cause he mentioned Sanders is a fan favorite cause he's a high energy guy playing above the rim and blocking tons of shots.

vCash
    Bucks general manager John Hammond just got a three-year contract extension. He’s also the guy that brought together the Brandon Jennings/Monta Ellis backcourt.

So, you expect them to break it up at the deadline?

In talking with Bucks.com, Hammond said that is not the plan.

“We like our team, we really like Brandon and Monta. We like them playing together, we think they are a dynamic backcourt. And our hope is we can keep that back court together.”

Not that this is really a surprise, but just passing it along.

Jennings is a restricted free agent this summer and the Bucks likely will match any offers he gets, but if a team really wants him and is willing to put in a healthy offer with some poison pulls, maybe they can land him. Just don’t bet on it.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ings-or-ellis/