Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Does DeMar have a bounce-back game tonight or do his struggles continue?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 25.00%
  • No

6 75.00%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    vCash
    Gwriter - Keep in mind the team was on a win streak before Lowry returned as well. Don't let the state of the team at 2 different points of the season, determine an individuals value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    I think he can pay centre in the East as well but hopefully we can both agree he's not going to elevate this team into contention in a 2y window.

He will block JV starting, reduce flexibility & reduce draft odds in 2014, with no option to amnesty.

With Calderon expiring, right to amnesty Bargnani & DeRozan. Your going from potentially 29mil in one scenario - to a potential 10mil.
    IMO Pau does nothing but good for JV's development. I don't think he (JV) should be starting this year, and another year backing him up and playing 20 mins a night (next year) would be advantageous to his long term game.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    The teams that have beat the Heat at home are as follows, Knicks, Warriors & Bulls. Those are worse teams than the Heat but far better than the Raps. Raps do not waltz into the reigning NBA champs gym and take a win. No matter how smart we play, The heat have more experience & talent. The longer the game was, the less of a chance the Raps had at winning, those are the odds.

Sure Raps could have won, if it wasn't for Lebrons triple double & Wade's 35 & 7. Raptors should be pleased at how much they were able to take Bosh out of the game.

Everyone deferred to Anderson. Again, the Raps don't have a closer. another poster already mentioned that they took the ball out of Calderon's hands(our best creator). If any of those shots would have fallen(a lot of them rolled off the rim) everybody would have been praising Anderson. You win some, you lose some.

The better team won. This was probably the best team performance I've seen out of the Raps in at least the past 2 seasons. The fact that we can somewhat narrow down the loss to a couple of plays is a testament to how well the Raps played. Raps just don't have the experience to close out these types of games yet.
    It doesn't matter how much better the Heat are as a team. You evaluate a game by it's own standard. In a hypothetical extreme example, if a team was up by 30 points against one of the best teams in the league and then lost that game, is it a wash? No, because they still lost that lead. I'm evaluating Raptors play by it's own standards and not excusing terrible decision making on the quality of the other team.

Maybe everyone did deffer to Anderson, but that is what good coaching is about. When you take a timeout and that one player has been chucking shots like a mad man, you tell him to calm down and you actually draw an "offensive play" I still don't think Casey is capable of doing that, since I don't remember the last time I saw something coming out of a timeout on the offensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    IMO Pau does nothing but good for JV's development. I don't think he (JV) should be starting this year, and another year backing him up and playing 20 mins a night (next year) would be advantageous to his long term game.
    Add to that the ability to practice against Pau on a daily basis instead of Jamaal or Gray.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637