Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I'm not trying to kill Hickson because I like his hustle, but his rebounding numbers are ballooned. I don't remember which advanced stats group did the study, but they said Hickson is one of the more overrated rebounders in the league. If he gets top big money, then that's a lot to pay for a guy who can't create his own shot consistently, and will always be a liability defending the 5 (also the 4). If he were a better defender, then I would be more inclined to agree with retaining him...
    I read the same article. his rebounds is what they (ESPN) refer to as "Empty rebounds". Essentially they are ones that if he had not grabbed another blazer would have. They are ones that go directly to him or no where near another team etc.

HOWEVER.

JJ is 7th in the nba in offensive rebounds, which is NEVER empty IMO. i believe offensive rebounds are the most valuable (not most important, there is a difference).

Hickson is an insane motor guy that fights for boards, but on the defensive end he does not have a presence, and its sad that if he were 3" taller he would arguably be an all star talent. If he comes back for something like $5 mil, then yes lets do it, but the $7.6 cap hold is not worth it IMO.

vCash
    I would also like to point out Aldridges improvement in rebounding this year. He has been avg to below avg for couple years now, but as of late he has been doing a heck of a job. and his season avg is about 9 now. highest in his career.

His blocks are also at a career high 1.3.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abs9s5g

Done!

We get our 6th man and short term C.

Hawks move Smith like they want while getting combo of youth and expiring's which is what they want.
    (Hickson gets to play for his hometown team)

Philly get Smith who in a Collins offense becomes a 20 and 10 player and if they don't bring Bynum back softens the blow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post

Done!

Hawks move Smith like they want while getting combo of youth and expiring's which is what they want.

Philly get Smith who in a Collins offense becomes a 20 and 10 player and if they don't bring Bynum back softens the blow.
    The other trade for Hickson was extreme weak but this one would be something I wouldnt object too. Turner could evolve into a solid player still and Pachulia is very serviceable.

You'd be doing me a justice on removing Babbit and Smith from the Blazers, they both suck and they're more or less just keeping the bench warm for they're eventual replacements next season anyway.

I think Atlanta will get a far better return than this trade gets them though, that's the only concern from me about this one.

Good trade for the Blazers if it happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    The other trade for Hickson was extreme weak but this one would be something I wouldnt object too. Turner could evolve into a solid player still and Pachulia is very serviceable.

You'd be doing me a justice on removing Babbit and Smith from the Blazers, they both suck and they're more or less just keeping the bench warm for they're eventual replacements next season anyway.

I think Atlanta will get a far better return than this trade gets them though, that's the only concern from me about this one.

Good trade for the Blazers if it happened.
    I am also concerened Hawks would not be getting enough. I just don't know 76ers draft pick circumstances and was having trouble getting them more without salary's getting messed up.

Turner has really turned corner this year, he still has ways to go but he is shooting much much much better then his previous years. He is better all around really and would be our best option for 6th man. He can play SG/SF and like the rest of our SG/SF's he can facilitate at times. He would really fit. I think it comes down to Hawks know for fact Smith is leaving in FA, either Dallas, 76ers, Lakers (if clear cap), or someone along those lines will get him. Do they want to get someone in Hickson who can help get fans in seats as a high energy hometown product as well as highly regarded young big in Moultrie (sorry if spelled that wrong) and maybe some picks or just sit back and get nothing.

vCash

Done!

I like it from our side. Pachulia will be a FA so we will have 8mil to spend somewhere else if we do not want to resign him.

I dont know about the other teams wanting that though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    I like it from our side. Pachulia will be a FA so we will have 8mil to spend somewhere else if we do not want to resign him.

I dont know about the other teams wanting that though.
    76ers love it. They want Smith, fans are assuming they have to give up Young and a first in any 3 team deals as well as Turner and are happy with that. Only team that might need/want more to get it done would be Hawks. I suspect 76ers first and a future pick from someone should get it done though.

vCash
    I have thrown out a ton of ideas, no doubt. but i really am committing to one plan if, heavens forbid, i was the GM. This is if we commit no trades and receive a lotto. AKA if the season ended today.

1. Buy out Pavlovic. We will have $15.5 mil in cap space. Cap hold for lotto 11-14 picks would leave us with about $14 mil.

2. Let hickson walk.

3. Try to sign Tyreke Evans for 8mil back loaded.

4. Try to sign robin lopez around $6 mil

5. Use MMLE ($3.1mil) on Chase Buddinger.

6. Draft Isaiah Austin.

Lopez/Leonard/Austin
    Aldridge/Austin/Freeland
    Batum/Buddinger/Evans
    Mathews/Barton/Evans
    Lillard/Evans

We would be so well rounded, get younger while getting more experienced players, and be within the cap. Evans plays 3 positions and can guard 3 positions. He is a great defender, distributor, rebounder and yes his shot has gotten a tad better.He is shooting 37% from 3 this year. We would have so much versatility, length, size, youth, and range.

This is my realistic dream and sticking to it.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-30-2013 at 05:25 PM.

vCash
    I have thrown out a ton of ideas, no doubt. but i really am committing to one plan if, heavens forbid, i was the GM. This is if we commit no trades and receive a lotto. AKA if the season ended today.

1. Buy out Pavlovic. We will have $15.5 mil in cap space. Cap hold for lotto 11-14 picks would leave us with about $14 mil.

2. Let hickson walk.

3. Try to sign Tyreke Evans for 8mil back loaded.

4. Try to sign robin lopez around $6 mil

5. Use MMLE ($3.1mil) on Chase Buddinger.

6. Draft Isaiah Austin.

Lopez/Leonard/Austin
    Aldridge/Austin/Freeland
    Batum/Buddinger/Evans
    Mathews/Barton/Evans
    Lillard/Evans

We would be so well rounded, get younger while getting more experienced players, and be within the cap. Evans plays 3 positions and can guard 3 positions. He is a great defender, distributor, rebounder and yes his shot has gotten a tad better.Although he Can't extend to the 3 yet. We would have so much versatility, length, size, youth, and range.

This is my realistic dream and sticking to it.
    I like Evans but he absolutely MUST agree to be 6th man before sign him, he has to understand that and be ok with it. Lillard and Mathews compliment each other to much. Evans would HAVE to be 6th man and I am not sold he would be ok with that, if he is then get it done!

vCash
    He would be able to get 30mpg easily. He is not even their primary ball handler now so i dont think he would mind. he is shooting 37% this season from 3 also. Im just nervous if would take $8mil back loaded. i could see him, being 23 and ridiculous amount of talent going for $10+. I didnt realize he is shooting much better this season than previous, i think i would rather him than mayo.

vCash
    He would be able to get 30mpg easily. He is not even their primary ball handler now so i dont think he would mind. he is shooting 37% this season from 3 also. Im just nervous if would take $8mil back loaded. i could see him, being 23 and ridiculous amount of talent going for $10+. I didnt realize he is shooting much better this season than previous, i think i would rather him than mayo.
    I would 100% rather him then Mayo. When you have proven cancer like Zbo on your team and a rumored cancer like Gay and you are singled out as by far worst guy in locker room then you got a serious freaking problem and I want no part. We know Mayo would not be happy. He wants to be a star and thinks he is.

vCash
    76ers love it. They want Smith, fans are assuming they have to give up Young and a first in any 3 team deals as well as Turner and are happy with that. Only team that might need/want more to get it done would be Hawks. I suspect 76ers first and a future pick from someone should get it done though.
    Yeah i am referring to the hawks. Maybe if PHI sent some picks. I am not sure hawks just want a cash dump. They have teague and horford, two cornerstones, i dont see it as a major rebuilding phase.

vCash
    I would 100% rather him then Mayo. When you have proven cancer like Zbo on your team and a rumored cancer like Gay and you are singled out as by far worst guy in locker room then you got a serious freaking problem and I want no part. We know Mayo would not be happy. He wants to be a star and thinks he is.
    And as effed up as SAC is, Evans is relatively quiet. He was mad at omri casspi is rookie year not passing him the ball for a triple double, but thats it, 4 years ago.IDK it makes so much sense to me.

vCash
    Yeah i am referring to the hawks. Maybe if PHI sent some picks. I am not sure hawks just want a cash dump. They have teague and horford, two cornerstones, i dont see it as a major rebuilding phase.
    Teams know he is leaving in off season though. Mavs and couple others can afford to just sign him. It becomes a matter of getting some youth and potential with picks versus letting him walk to a team that can just sign him out right in the summer. Plus he has been creating locker room issues for Hawks lately. In part because team season falling apart and him know he is leaving and not wanting to go through a lame duck year waiting to leave.

vCash
    Teams know he is leaving in off season though. Mavs and couple others can afford to just sign him. It becomes a matter of getting some youth and potential with picks versus letting him walk to a team that can just sign him out right in the summer. Plus he has been creating locker room issues for Hawks lately. In part because team season falling apart and him know he is leaving and not wanting to go through a lame duck year waiting to leave.
    Yes i realize that, but i also get the feeling they can do much better than that as far as return. Just my gut feeling though. If they do it then YAY for us!

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast