Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    I've been against it this whole time but what about a hickson and freeland for bargnani.

Have 5.5 mil left. Sign someone like R Lopez. Bargnani will get about 28min at C/PF

Also have a mini MLE. Maybe snatch bayless after his below avg year.

Lopez/Leonard
    Aldridge/ Bargnani
    Batum/
    Mathews/Barton
    Lillard/ Bayless

Bargs gives us offense off the bench. Pick and pop. Throw it in to the post. He would be a great 6th man.

He is definitely on the block and at a all time low value
    his contract is hideous to be a backup

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    what about Reddick? Never really been interested before but we like shooting 3's and he has the purest shot in league. He can help stretch floor and open up lanes for Lillard to drive when Mathews is having off night or is resting on bench. Leonard underneath for rebound/put back. Reddick behind arc ready to catch shoot. Batum around arc ready to catch shoot or drive for dunk depending on how D shifts. LMA mid range to take pass from Lillard and prevent D Honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    his contract is hideous to be a backup
    His contract is just hideous for his level of play. Regardless of position or minutes.

vCash
    Reddick is in last year of his deal, set to make 6mil, trade Hickson for Reddick and a pair of second round picks. Then send Barton to D-league rest year and cut Babbitt to sign Yi Jianlian.

vCash
    Start Leonard who in last two games has been amazing and cleaner. Still has lot to work on but really no better way then playing. Yi will be first big off bench weather for Leonard or LMA be dependent on individual games. Reddick and Yi give us solid 7 then Price, Jeffries, Freeland/Claver fill us out. I think that team makes playoffs as 7 seed. Looses in 6 to Thunder. However no game would be blowout. Yi works like I think he will then becomes solid role player/sixth man type. I don't believe we should be looking to go after a max player, don't think would really help us. Focus on building best bench in NBA because 4 of our starters give us top 5 starting 5 in league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Start Leonard who in last two games has been amazing and cleaner. Still has lot to work on but really no better way then playing. Yi will be first big off bench weather for Leonard or LMA be dependent on individual games. Reddick and Yi give us solid 7 then Price, Jeffries, Freeland/Claver fill us out. I think that team makes playoffs as 7 seed. Looses in 6 to Thunder. However no game would be blowout. Yi works like I think he will then becomes solid role player/sixth man type. I don't believe we should be looking to go after a max player, don't think would really help us. Focus on building best bench in NBA because 4 of our starters give us top 5 starting 5 in league.
    This. at some point I think Hickson should be "phased" out. I dunno if it's wise to resign him. Leonard should be ready to start by next season and Hickson won't want to come off the bench I assume.

It would be great to see a trade for some value, but I think its more likely he just walks in FA.

vCash
    I want nothing to do with Yi. and i mentioned reddick a while ago and couple people said no way all he does is spot up and shoot which is completely wrong. Get reddick for 7mil i would be happy. spend the rest on a Center.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    what about Reddick? Never really been interested before but we like shooting 3's and he has the purest shot in league. He can help stretch floor and open up lanes for Lillard to drive when Mathews is having off night or is resting on bench. Leonard underneath for rebound/put back. Reddick behind arc ready to catch shoot. Batum around arc ready to catch shoot or drive for dunk depending on how D shifts. LMA mid range to take pass from Lillard and prevent D Honest.
    Redick is the type of player that can find a role on any team. I'd love to have him at Portland.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Random thought. Would you guys give up batum + 1st for Love?

Cant trade him to MIN til the off season due to the fact they gave him an offer sheet so we could then use our first if end up giving our first to CHAR. but Batum is awesome yes, but to get KLove? a disgruntled KLove also. LA at Center. 11mil left to spend for a SF and bench.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-26-2013 at 05:52 PM.

vCash
    No.

Batum is better all around and has higher ceiling. Love is great but it often comes at expense of his team. Batum is what we need, Love takes us in wrong direction.

vCash
    We don't need Love as long as we have Aldridge. Log jam at PF, HIckson, LA, Love, Freeland.

Matthews on the other hand....I'd package him and hickson +1st & 2nd for Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    We don't need Love as long as we have Aldridge. Log jam at PF, HIckson, LA, Love, Freeland.

**** no. Love would be very BAD for this team. First he is not a team player, Second he is a little bit unstable, Third he is developing a tendancy to miss extended time with chronic problems, Fourth does not fit.

Before someone jumps on me for saying he is not a team player let me explain. He is unwilling to be a 3rd or 4th star which is what he would be here. First time Lillard passed ball to LMA instead of Love for game winning shot Love would start causing problems, if LMA missed the shot Love would become out and out cancer before even got back to locker room. He does not have that unselfishness in him to be a winner in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post

I said we are not allowed to trade batum to Minny till the offseason because they gave him an offer sheet (CBA Rules). We would obviously not resign hickson, and no way would freeland be entitled to minutes. Also, love and aldridge both play center and PF. LA would move to Center which is arguably our best set with him.

I think Love is better than aldridge. i dont know anyone outside of this forum who would disagree. but both could work ESPECIALLY in stotts system and loves range.

Love has had one serious issue and its his hand, not too worried about it.

this was all hypothetical.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbbpofa

Boom! I did it! Perfect trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cunningham is as good as ANY player we could get in 10-15 range this year. Imagine a lineup involving Cunningham-Barton-Batum! That is an All-D unit there man, aint no one score from anyhting but C/PF.

Let me get started on breaking down this deal which is pure gold for every team involved.

Portland Perspective - Defense/Experiance/Youth/Versatility back for an expiring! Amazing. Maybe throw in a second round pick or two depending on how much our FO actually likes Hickson. Cunningham is a rookie who was an amazing defender in college, he has length, ball handling skills, can drive or pull up. I think he is better D version of Williams and oh yeah healthy. Jones provides playoff experiance to a very inexperianced wing/backcourt and allows us to give Barton and Cunningham more time to figure things out while helping mentor there D. Pure Perfection for us.

Mavericks- They have soured on Collison and are unlikely to retain him at this point, they get great value for him. Mavericks get a PG playmaker that better fits Coach and scheme who is only garunteed 1million next season giving them potential and flexibility. They get Hickson which gives them energy and options. If they fail to get Dwight they bring him back to start C. If they sign dwight in FA which I think will happen then they have an amazing 6th man in Hickson who can come in for Dirk or Dwight and provide energy off bench which Dallas is known for being a bench team. Perfection for them. Maybe throw in a second round pick to offset hut of losing Cunningham.

Lakers- They need youth, a bench, and scoring. Barg is what they want Gasol to be and what he isn't. Cheaper, younger, and a range shooter. Gasol is unhappy and wants gone. Lakers are unhappy Gasol is unwilling to be a range shooter for them they also don't like his price or age. Just those two strait up for them would be good and likely deal. They also get Collison a young speedy athletic PG. Upgrade on bench for them and gives them a legit hair apparent to Nash while in meantime providing them with a legit bench 6th man. They can be ones to cough up the second round picks I mentioned above. Pure Perfection!

Raptors- They want Lowry gone, he does not like it in Toronto and wants Dallas or Atlanta. Raptors have decided to take Calderon off block and put Lowry on. Barg has never really worked out for them and they would really like a Gasol-Davis front court. Makes them better and gives fans hope. Wright is primarily for dollars to work but has shown to be serviceable. Morris is a young PG who has shown some flashes of potential and if made there backup PG could develop to one take take over for Calderon.

vCash
    I tweeted it to like 9 or 10 NBA annalists/reporters. Including Sheridan, Quick, Freeman, and others.

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast