Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i realize it is bleacher report. and there has been no talk directly about it but.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...stuckey/page/2

I am not the only one who thinks portland might try to land stuckey if the price is right.

If it doesnt work out, his contract is only guaranteed for $4 million next year. and year after he is a FA.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-31-2013 at 06:51 PM.

vCash
    Couple problems. One of which being Daye is now member of Griz. For record I am cool with bringing in Stuckey. He was good both on court and in locker room till Pistons decided to bary him on depth chart for couple PG's he could play circles around and has.

vCash
    Daye is on the griz, but that doesnt mean it has no potential. the center pieces are hickson and stuckey, not daye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Daye is on the griz, but that doesnt mean it has no potential. the center pieces are hickson and stuckey, not daye.
    Also a Blazers 1st round pick, something I don't think we can trade. We can't trade next years because of a rule so we have none to trade.

vCash
    Calderon, Knight, Bynum, Stuckey. They wont keep him. team with 4 point guards, and paying the 3rd or 4th PG/SG $8.5 mil? just bad business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Also a Blazers 1st round pick, something I don't think we can trade. We can't trade next years because of a rule so we have none to trade.
    Yeah i saw that. It's just the idea that he would be a good fit and other writers see he is on his way out and possibly our direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Calderon, Knight, Bynum, Stuckey. They wont keep him. team with 4 point guards, and paying the 3rd or 4th PG/SG $8.5 mil? just bad business.
    I know, I would like Stuckey. I think a deal can be made. I was just saying it would look probably nothing like the one that 5th rate site put forth.

vCash
    We have 13ish mil right now (This is with Hickson and Smith leaving already) Now we minus Freeland's 3 mil and we are at 16.5 or so. Now we add 8.5 from Stuckney and we are left around 8 mil for a big man but now we also need a back up power forward. Remember that we mostly likely won't save this draft pick because I believe that we will be at worst a 10th seed in the west which for the whole NBA would put us around 16-17 in the draft.

Freeland will be the insurance against Hickson leaving for a backup PF. I can't see us getting rid of both at the same time.

I see the Blazers dumping a couple more million (Price and Claver?) in cap to be able to offer a max deal to scare other teams. Offer to Howard and Pekovic, Howard because why not offer him the money and Pekovic because they did it to us and it will hurt them to match. (Kanter and Lopez aren't available this year so it's not going to happen)

If they don't land a center then they will split it between Hickson and a Veteran guard/Forward or float the money one more year to try for another center next year/mid season trade. 2014 has a huge number of free agents (including Dirk, Kobe, The big 3, Deng, etc...the list goes on) Can't see us not wanting to have a some money available to play in the summers signings.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    I'd be happy with Stuckey as well. Bring him off-the-bench to be a scoring guard that can give a team a boost when the offense is not clicking. He can also handle the ball well, and if he is given a simple role he could excel.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn View Post
    We have 13ish mil right now (This is with Hickson and Smith leaving already) Now we minus Freeland's 3 mil and we are at 16.5 or so. Now we add 8.5 from Stuckney and we are left around 8 mil for a big man but now we also need back up power forward. Remember that we mostly likely won't save this draft pick because I believe that we will be at worst a 10th seed in the west which for the whole NBA would put us around 16-17 in the draft.
    10th seed in the west is the 13th pick more than likely.. not 17th. picks 15 and above are playoff teams. I can see us being as low as 11th. no lower.

and if we buy out pavlovic we will have $15 mil. i dont think we can just get rid of freeland/claver/price for an expiring contract or a pick. They have no value on the court and teams arent about to just take on guaranteed money for nothing. if you package freeland with hickson or something valuable then maybe.
    Last edited by RC27; 02-02-2013 at 04:19 PM.

vCash
    We won't get rid of Price or Sasha or even Jeffries, They are "Locker room guys" Oshley has a man crush on them. I like Stuckey, played his college ball in E.Wash. I like his game but he reminds me a lot of Matthews. I don't think we need two.

I'd rather go after Robin Lopez, Henry Sims, Isaiah Thomas even Nate Robinson. There is also Carlos Delfino, Gerald Henderson, Francisco Garcia and DeJuan Blair. All these guys I believe would fit well with our system and current players. More complimentary than anything.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a9khmzb

enough sense?
    roys contract is not ensured next year, so he is basically an expiring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazers23 View Post
    We won't get rid of Price or Sasha or even Jeffries, They are "Locker room guys" Oshley has a man crush on them. I like Stuckey, played his college ball in E.Wash. I like his game but he reminds me a lot of Matthews. I don't think we need two.
    Mathews is a complete different player than stuckey. Stuckey is a point guard, mathews is far from that. Stuckey can ISO, mathews cannot. Mathews is 3pt killer, stuckey is not. Rodney plays inside of the 3pt line, mathews rarely does. VERY DIFFERENT.
    Last edited by RC27; 02-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    ESPN RUMORS:
    The Portland Trail Blazers reportedly have interest in Minnesota starting center Nikola Pekovic and he's taking the rumors as a compliment. The Wolves will likely not deal Pekovic by the Feb. 21 deadline.

“That's really nice when you hear that other teams like Portland really want to bring you in,” Pekovic told CSNNW.com. “That means that I'm doing a good job and they like what I'm doing. That's something nice.”

Pekovic will be a restricted free agent beginning in July and there is a chance the Blazers could tender him an offer sheet. That would be ironic considering the Wolves signed Nicolas Batum to a four-year, $46.12 million offer sheet last July and the Blazers matched it. The Wolves will likely match, if Pekovic does sign an offer sheet from another team.

“You never know. My first option is to stay here.” Pekovic said. “That's something that's really hard for me because there are people around me that are asking, 'What's going to happen this summer?'” Pekovic said. “This summer is going to be big for me. That's why I'm not really thinking about it and I'm just trying to focus on basketball.”

The Blazers may have up to $13.5 million in cap room this coming summer.

Pekovic, making $4.83 million this season, is averaging 15.9 points and 8.6 rebounds.

vCash
    We cannot obtain roy til his contract is up. nor would we ever want him at this point in his career.

Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast