Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Brayden Schenn to face discipline hearing today

vCash
    Schenn suspended for Thursday.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    funny watching it happen 5 feet from a ref, looking directly at it with zero obstruction, and he didn't call it. Was clearly charging.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

NHL refs are getting pretty bad.

vCash
    ahhh man, so now we have Hartnell, Schenn, Rinaldo, and Briere out against the Rangers. When is Briere coming back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    ahhh man, so now we have Hartnell, Schenn, Rinaldo, and Briere out against the Rangers. When is Briere coming back?
    at least a couple more games until Briere is back

vCash
    Well there goes 2/3 of the first line on the same day..

Guess Lavi has some pondering to do on how the lines will look tomorrow night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Well there goes 2/3 of the first line on the same day..

Guess Lavi has some pondering to do on how the lines will look tomorrow night.

he's really gonna have to get creative. i'm thinking.....

simmonds - giroux - voracek

talbot - couturier - read

wellwood - laughton - mcginn

sestito - fedetenko - shelley

something along those lines. 4th line will be a bruising line, which really isn't that bad considering the opponent. and each line has at least one guy considered to be effective defensively.

i really don't know though. Lavy tends to go unorthodox and unprecedented in these situations.

vCash
    Just asking a random question in here...Will Schenn become a difference maker in the NHL? Or is he primed to just be a minor league star? Everyone knows he was a point a game player for Adirondack....but up in the NHL with better competition he seems to struggle to find his game...

vCash
    I didn't think the hit was that bad. A 2 minute penalty should have been called and I'm not sure how it didn't, but a suspension is a bit weird

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Just asking a random question in here...Will Schenn become a difference maker in the NHL? Or is he primed to just be a minor league star? Everyone knows he was a point a game player for Adirondack....but up in the NHL with better competition he seems to struggle to find his game...
    He's a 21 year old kid who still has under 70 NHL games, I'm not going to harp on him too much yet. Plus he's never really been billed as an elite offensive force - more along the lines of 60-70 points and two way defense. Think....Mike Richards. Those kinds of kids tend to take an extra bit of time, I think.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    I think it's a bit early to call Schenn a bust when he was projected to basically be another Toews/Richards type player. He's been fine so far and you can clearly see that this kid has a ton of potential.

vCash
    I'm not calling him a bust, he's far from it...he's a solid player for this team at his age....and I know he's a young player....and I know Giroux took a season or two to find his niche with this team....so it'll be interesting to see when it starts to "click" with him and Couturier too.

vCash
    i think regardless it's gonna be tough to gauge any of these guys' progress in a shortened season. the play overall by every team is gonna be shoddy the first week or so anyway.

i don't think anyone can really start looking at these guys to "make that next step" until next season, as far as the regular season goes, anyway.

if the Flyers make the playoffs, which i do believe they will regardless of their poor start, that would be a time to see how much these guys have matured, especially since Couts and Schenn played so well in the first round and were basically non-existent in the 2nd round (although Couts was still hurt from the Pens series and pretty much everyone played poorly in the Devils series).

vCash
    yea Schenn was a beast in the playoffs and the whole team is doing bad. No way you can say that he is a bust.