Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Robert Sarver says Suns fans are not upset...

Suns owner Sarver disagrees with idea that Suns fans are upset

The Phoenix Suns are 13-28 at the midway point in the season. They're residing in the Western Conference's basement, and are much closer to being the worst team in basketball than a playoff team.

Their attendance is down for the third consecutive year, and with what's happened around the team lately, there would seem to be a bit of a negative attitude towards the Valley's original professional sports team.

Not so, says Suns owner Robert Sarver.

"I would disagree with that," Sarver told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo when asked about an upset fan base. "I would say that we monitor all of the information that comes in from our ticket holders and our fans, and I would disagree with that."

Sarver said the idea that Suns fans are upset is "a good story" for the media, and is just one of many non-factual stories that have surfaced with regards to the team.

But, he added, he understands tough decisions during tough times will rub fans the wrong way.

"This is a tough time for a franchise," he said. "When we're not winning and we're not playing well fans are upset, and that all comes with it.

"What I would say to the fans is we're working every day to try to get our team back to elite status."

http://arizonasports.com/?sid=1604270&nid=41
    Does this guy have a clue? I have yet to meet a Suns fan who is actually happy about this team. Everyone everywhere rips the franchise and he's gonna try to come out and say that we're not happy? Wow.

Here's whole interview by the way. Its actually a really good listen cause Gambo completely attacks him and asks some tough questions

http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=243&auto=1&aid=22152

A shame that he starts off the interview by saying that he's not going to sell the team...

vCash
    Are you kidding me Sarver? Can't you hear my screams from Australia?

I haven't been happy with at least 90% of the decisions made since Sarver bought the team. I haven't been happy with the direction of the team since early in the 2010-11 season, and have been desperately calling for a rebuild since this point.

And the losing makes me happy, not sad, because it's what needs to happen to turn this franchise around.

vCash
    I wouldn't say I was upset... Pissed off is more like it.

vCash
    Did you hear that he said when the team isnt winning and not playing well fans will be upset. But then says the fans are not upset? Talk about cross eyed. This guy is a joke. Look I get the Suns are in rebuild mode, but most teams who are in rebuild mode show the direction they want to go. The Suns seem to be all over the place with no plans, they didnt even have a plan after firing gentry. The FO is a friggin joke and Sarver is responsible for all of this. He hires all his friends and then those FO friends hire all of their friends. Suns fans are last on his list.

vCash
    I guess its true what they say........Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    we must have the dumbest owner in all of professional sports!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    How can we tell Robert Sarver how pissed off we ar at him and the front office. Any ideas?

vCash
    I've been listening all day to KTAR and you can see things starting to unravel in terms of who the factions were. I'm truly convinced there was a stigma between FO and Coaching staff. Primarily Lance/Lon vs Gentry/Elston/Majerle. Elston/Majerle never had a chance at getting the job.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Listening to Majerle, it sounds like he felt he wasn't picked because of his laxed relationship with the team and players. I'm guessing this means they feel he didn't fit the mold of being a hard nosed coach and enforcing accountability. but then again, that's just my interpretation. Majerle also took subtle jabs at Hunter as far credibility to be a head coach, i.e mortgage fraud case, experience, position in the organization.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    lol

vCash
    This whole situation is ****ed up. I'm already sick of it.

Phoenix Suns
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arizona Cardinals
    Arizona Diamondbacks