Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

vCash
    What ever happened to the days where people actually had to leave their house to meet a girl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    What ever happened to the days where people actually had to leave their house to meet a girl?
    The dark side of technology which causes people to be lazy.

vCash
    farmersonly.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    That's stupid and ignorant.

Many people have been married due to online dating that wouldn't have been married otherwise because of their shy personalities.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    I met my wife on OKCupid and our second child is due in June. I was on there for a couple weeks and she was for a whopping two days. Funny part was all of our "matching" stuff was complete opposite. She just happened to find me.

So, you

Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    can go **** yourself.

vCash
    It's funny that people on a message board are demonizing online dating because it takes away from the social contact

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    It's funny that people on a message board are demonizing online dating because it takes away from the social contact
    Well its not a dating website so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    Well its not a dating website so....
    So why don't you go somewhere and talk to people about sports instead of using the online feature?

It goes that way, too. It's really not much different.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    That's stupid and ignorant.

Many people have been married due to online dating that wouldn't have been married otherwise because of their shy personalities.
    But cant it be said that the technology that allows online dating is a direct cause of the shy personalities. Technology has basically taken away face to face conversation and it is kind of crippling society. Granted good things happen on these sites so I'm not bashing them but is it really that hard to actually find someone your compatible with through for lack of a better word normal sources of meeting?

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    But cant it be said that the technology that allows online dating is a direct cause of the shy personalities. Technology has basically taken away face to face conversation and it is kind of crippling society. Granted good things happen on these sites so I'm not bashing them but is it really that hard to actually find someone your compatible with through for lack of a better word normal sources of meeting?
    I don't agree. It's just a different avenue of doing it. Some people that do it are just busy and don't have a way or time to meet people, and it has nothing to do with being shy. And for some people, yes it is very difficult. I'm a pretty shy person and I never would meet people anywhere or could talk to them. I never would have met my wife and probably never would have found someone that I was compatible with or gotten married if it wasn't for online dating. I don't know why it's a big deal. It's great that there is online dating for people that are socially awkward and would have a difficult time finding someone other ways.

You are still meeting face to face eventually anyway. You are just getting to know someones personality first and making the meeting more comfortable. I don't understand why people think it's a big deal if you talk to someone online for say a week and then decide to meet at a coffee shop as opposed to just walking up to someone randomly at a coffee shop and talking to them. If anything talking online is safer because you get to know them a little bit first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    The only reason you consider the typical way "normal" is because the Internet succeeded that form of meeting companions and online dating is still relatively new. It has a pretty poor overall rep for no reason, really. Like dmac said, some people don't have the time. I know that if I were looking for someone, I simply wouldn't have the time to go on the prowl.

And what is a normal way of meeting someone? Hitting on a slutty frat girl at a rave party in an attempt to make sure her panties end up on your bed post? I don't buy it.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Try ChristianSingles.com. If you're judgemental and believe fossils were planted by Satan, this site is for you.

vCash
    The only reason you consider the typical way "normal" is because the Internet succeeded that form of meeting companions and online dating is still relatively new. It has a pretty poor overall rep for no reason, really. Like dmac said, some people don't have the time. I know that if I were looking for someone, I simply wouldn't have the time to go on the prowl.

And what is a normal way of meeting someone? Hitting on a slutty frat girl at a rave party in an attempt to make sure her panties end up on your bed post? I don't buy it.
    There is something more genuine about this scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    If Buckwheat were on an online dating site, I'd message him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    Try ChristianSingles.com. If you're judgemental and believe fossils were planted by Satan, this site is for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    There is something more genuine about this scenario
    Because it's how we met.

Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    If Buckwheat were on an online dating site, I'd message him.
    I don't know if I'd message back. You're Canadian.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast