Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 220

Thread: Online Dating

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    92
    vCash
    1500
    What ever happened to the days where people actually had to leave their house to meet a girl?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    26,504
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    What ever happened to the days where people actually had to leave their house to meet a girl?
    The dark side of technology which causes people to be lazy.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca
    Posts
    7,718
    vCash
    1000
    farmersonly.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    The dark side of technology which causes people to be lazy.
    That's stupid and ignorant.

    Many people have been married due to online dating that wouldn't have been married otherwise because of their shy personalities.

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    5,721
    vCash
    1500
    I met my wife on OKCupid and our second child is due in June. I was on there for a couple weeks and she was for a whopping two days. Funny part was all of our "matching" stuff was complete opposite. She just happened to find me.




    So, you

    Quote Originally Posted by H-MYK View Post
    The dark side of technology which causes people to be lazy.
    can go **** yourself.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    It's funny that people on a message board are demonizing online dating because it takes away from the social contact

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    92
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    It's funny that people on a message board are demonizing online dating because it takes away from the social contact
    Well its not a dating website so....

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sretep75 View Post
    Well its not a dating website so....
    So why don't you go somewhere and talk to people about sports instead of using the online feature?

    It goes that way, too. It's really not much different.

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,791
    vCash
    6000
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    That's stupid and ignorant.

    Many people have been married due to online dating that wouldn't have been married otherwise because of their shy personalities.
    But cant it be said that the technology that allows online dating is a direct cause of the shy personalities. Technology has basically taken away face to face conversation and it is kind of crippling society. Granted good things happen on these sites so I'm not bashing them but is it really that hard to actually find someone your compatible with through for lack of a better word normal sources of meeting?


    #KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

  10. #85
    Dmac's Avatar
    Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,746
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    But cant it be said that the technology that allows online dating is a direct cause of the shy personalities. Technology has basically taken away face to face conversation and it is kind of crippling society. Granted good things happen on these sites so I'm not bashing them but is it really that hard to actually find someone your compatible with through for lack of a better word normal sources of meeting?
    I don't agree. It's just a different avenue of doing it. Some people that do it are just busy and don't have a way or time to meet people, and it has nothing to do with being shy. And for some people, yes it is very difficult. I'm a pretty shy person and I never would meet people anywhere or could talk to them. I never would have met my wife and probably never would have found someone that I was compatible with or gotten married if it wasn't for online dating. I don't know why it's a big deal. It's great that there is online dating for people that are socially awkward and would have a difficult time finding someone other ways.

    You are still meeting face to face eventually anyway. You are just getting to know someones personality first and making the meeting more comfortable. I don't understand why people think it's a big deal if you talk to someone online for say a week and then decide to meet at a coffee shop as opposed to just walking up to someone randomly at a coffee shop and talking to them. If anything talking online is safer because you get to know them a little bit first.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusNYY_Savior View Post
    But cant it be said that the technology that allows online dating is a direct cause of the shy personalities. Technology has basically taken away face to face conversation and it is kind of crippling society. Granted good things happen on these sites so I'm not bashing them but is it really that hard to actually find someone your compatible with through for lack of a better word normal sources of meeting?
    The only reason you consider the typical way "normal" is because the Internet succeeded that form of meeting companions and online dating is still relatively new. It has a pretty poor overall rep for no reason, really. Like dmac said, some people don't have the time. I know that if I were looking for someone, I simply wouldn't have the time to go on the prowl.

    And what is a normal way of meeting someone? Hitting on a slutty frat girl at a rave party in an attempt to make sure her panties end up on your bed post? I don't buy it.

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    141
    vCash
    1500
    Try ChristianSingles.com. If you're judgemental and believe fossils were planted by Satan, this site is for you.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,468
    vCash
    5471
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The only reason you consider the typical way "normal" is because the Internet succeeded that form of meeting companions and online dating is still relatively new. It has a pretty poor overall rep for no reason, really. Like dmac said, some people don't have the time. I know that if I were looking for someone, I simply wouldn't have the time to go on the prowl.

    And what is a normal way of meeting someone? Hitting on a slutty frat girl at a rave party in an attempt to make sure her panties end up on your bed post? I don't buy it.
    There is something more genuine about this scenario
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    30,113
    vCash
    1500
    If Buckwheat were on an online dating site, I'd message him.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    41,525
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rangersfan View Post
    Try ChristianSingles.com. If you're judgemental and believe fossils were planted by Satan, this site is for you.


    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    There is something more genuine about this scenario
    Because it's how we met.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    If Buckwheat were on an online dating site, I'd message him.
    I don't know if I'd message back. You're Canadian.

    EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •