Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Dating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    that's why I never bothered with online dating sites... I figure with all the creepy guys in the world any decent looking girl is gonna get flooded with thousands of harassing messages. obviously you're a super cool dude so im sure you were able to scoop up a hottie but i dont think most people are that lucky.

that said, my brothers a big time introvert and he has had a lot of success online, finding girls with similar interests, something that would be very difficult for him to do with strangers in person.

i bartended for years and did security at clubs for a couple as well, so I've been able to meet girls the old fashioned way... quality of their personality/ethics has def been questionable tho....
    Like Twitchy said, most guys just say "Hi" or "Hows it going". That's not gonna get you anywhere. Unless you're Brad Pitt, girls will ignore you. All I did was read at least a little of their profile and at least try and strike up a conversation. Could you imagine going to the bar, walking up to a girl, and just saying "hi"? lame. I didn't think it was that bad for girls until my friend showed me...hundreds of messages just saying "hey" or with guys sending photos of their junk. There is a downside to it though, I did date a girl who was absolutely bat **** crazy. I actually remember dating this one girl who had no job,a young kid at home,lived with her parents,was a school dropout etc. She wanted a sugar daddy. This seems to be a common theme with online dating, I've had friends who seem to share the exact same story. This isn't the 50's, go get a ****ing job and stop relying on everyone else.

vCash
    ^ Yeah I could see that. My brother was always a nerd growing up, and had a lot of trouble with girls.

Then he met a girl online and they were extremely sympatico, and I don't think he would have been able to find/approach a girl like that in person to be honest. Stayed together for 4 years, and only broke up largely because he had had such little experience growing up, settling into a marriage with his first serious girlfriend scared him off a bit.

I think it also depends on what site you use... I know a few guys who go on Plenty of Fish and just look to bang girls, and I imagine the girls on there aren't much classier. I figure a site where you pay a small membership fee probably weeds out the the people who aren't serious about finding someone significant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    Like Twitchy said, most guys just say "Hi" or "Hows it going". That's not gonna get you anywhere. Unless you're Brad Pitt, girls will ignore you. All I did was read at least a little of their profile and at least try and strike up a conversation. Could you imagine going to the bar, walking up to a girl, and just saying "hi"? lame. I didn't think it was that bad for girls until my friend showed me...hundreds of messages just saying "hey" or with guys sending photos of their junk. There is a downside to it though, I did date a girl who was absolutely bat **** crazy. I actually remember dating this one girl who had no job,a young kid at home,lived with her parents,was a school dropout etc. She wanted a sugar daddy. This seems to be a common theme with online dating, I've had friends who seem to share the exact same story. This isn't the 50's, go get a ****ing job and stop relying on everyone else.
    for what its worth, I've never used anything more than this in person... pick up lines are super lame... if you're reasonably good looking, a nice smile, good eye contact and a simple hey is usually good enough

but online I agree, it's not getting any girls wet

vCash
    ^ Yeah I could see that. My brother was always a nerd growing up, and had a lot of trouble with girls.

Then he met a girl online and they were extremely sympatico, and I don't think he would have been able to find/approach a girl like that in person to be honest. Stayed together for 4 years, and only broke up largely because he had had such little experience growing up, settling into a marriage with his first serious girlfriend scared him off a bit.

I think it also depends on what site you use... I know a few guys who go on Plenty of Fish and just look to bang girls, and I imagine the girls on there aren't much classier. I figure a site where you pay a small membership fee probably weeds out the the people who aren't serious about finding someone significant.
    I guess it depends what you're looking for. Usually girls can smell the guy who just wants to bang them from a mile away. That's what the bars for. Drunk girls are usually pretty easy, it's the mother hen that's the pain in the ***. The reason I used online dating was because I wanted to meet women I otherwise wouldn't have met. I know for a fact there's no chance I would have met any of the girls I dated from online dating. Part of the problem for me was that I live in the burbs where there's only about 30,000 here and believe me, you know, or know of, pretty much every girl your age. You run out of options.
    for what its worth, I've never used anything more than this in person... pick up lines are super lame... if you're reasonably good looking, a nice smile, good eye contact and a simple hey is usually good enough

but online I agree, it's not getting any girls wet
    It's funny because I had some girl come up to me recently at the pub and just say "hi" and I was like ummm hi? It was awkward, very awkward and then I thought to myself later, so that's what girls feel like.

vCash
    BlackPeopleMeet.com

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    BlackPeopleMeet.com
    here's my question. how can they have a website like that but then ***** and moan about policitcal correctness when they are refered to as black people
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    here's my question. how can they have a website like that but then ***** and moan about policitcal correctness when they are refered to as black people
    It's the internet, I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find a white supremacist dating site. This is the same technology that brought us two girls one cup.

vCash
    It's the internet, I'm sure if you looked hard enough you could find a white supremacist dating site. This is the same technology that brought us two girls one cup.
    just hearing aout that makes me cringe
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    just hearing aout that makes me cringe
    I live to give.

vCash
    not just the internet though... i've seen blackpeoplemeet ads on TV... there's no way they'd let some Aryan skinhead "whites only" dating service advertise on TV

vCash
    not just the internet though... i've seen blackpeoplemeet ads on TV... there's no way they'd let some Aryan skinhead "whites only" dating service advertise on TV
    Because their intentions are to hate another race

Some black people are only attracted to black people. I'm white and extremely attracted to black people. It's not racist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    That's the brilliant part of online dating. When you're able to put an entire sentence together, not sound creepy, and actually show you read her profile you come across as a winner. Like if she says she like Arrested Development, and you make an AD joke, you're golden.

I also met my current GF through online dating, and she's a total hottie. Like Halladay said there is good that comes with the bad. No different then if you met in real life. But if you're a smart guy you can take advantage of online dating. If girls are used to getting crap messages, and yours is intriguing, you're already a winner.

Most people also just say "Hi" or something lame and then wonder why they don't get a response. There's a lot of subtle things you can do to get a really good response rate. You just have to be smart about it.
    This is completely true. On POF my friend and I used to use it and he would send them messages like "you're hot can i have your number?" or some stupid crap. I actually spent time writing out some sentences and now I'm married to the second girl that I met on there. He never met anyone or got close to it.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    black people don't get offended when you call them black people

vCash
    coloredfolkmeetcoloredfolk.com

vCash
    I have never seen a black person get upset being called black. Does it actually happen?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast