Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 143
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    anywhere USA
    Posts
    3,224
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    Thanks for the response. I actually know a girl who went to boot camp, then got pregnant as soon as she was done. It's ridiculous.

    I feel like if they can meet the physical requirements, then perhaps more should be able to serve in combat roles. However, the issues you mentioned are definitely now a concern of mine.
    Let me add by reading the entire statement it does not seem as political as first perceived, the leaders of all branches agreed to this and they agreed to fully implement it in 2016. So they do have four years to set up standards and regulations

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,736
    vCash
    1500
    Why do I care if there are some women who think they shouldn't be allowed to do this? I don't think I should be allowed to do this but that shouldn't stop other men from fighting in these roles. It's an asinine argument that some women don't want to so none should be able to do so.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,507
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    As a veteran I feel there are a small percentage of females who could do the job and I do mean a very small percentage. I know many people are going to come on here and comment on this with no knowledge of war or how a combat arms unit works but in order for this to work these things need to happen.

    1.) physical testing requirements are the same for everyone.
    2.) there should not be separate facilities
    3.) any references and regulation regarding gender, thus any potential lawsuits must be stricken.
    4.) Any and all media reports must treat everyone the same, no references, stories, spotlights etc.. on women.
    5.) Pregnancies are NOT allowed if the unit is in a deployment window, and if the soldier does get pregnant and is unable to deploy they are then discharged from the army honorably if it is warranted.
    6.) Force women to enroll in the selected service.
    I don't think there is much you can do about the media but otherwise this seems very agreeable
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Even though it's off topic it was brought up in this thread, that HIllary's speech yesterday means she will cake walk into the white house in 2016. I don't buy it one bit. Not saying the Democratic party won't retain the white house, but she's far from a shoe in. Hell I read an article Biden is rallying the base to get the nomination. We have no idea what happens in the next 4 years. Will the economy be healthy? If it is will people long tax cuts. The reason I say that is look at 2000, by and large Clinton was a very popular president, the economy was starting to enter recession but not enough the average person really cared or understood it. People in 1996 were talking Gore could trip and fall and still be president. Then 2000 happen the lock box, the fuzzy washington math the name your poison or talking point from either side, and W was elected. Then fast forward to 2008 economy horrible etc, and the republicans came closer then they should based on the state of the union to retaining the white house.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    The most fascinating thing in this thread,is the conservative reversal from the Neocon philiosophy.
    I havent heard one Conservative speak out in defense of our foreign policy, which has always been the Republican Agenda at work.
    I dont know if this is a reaction to how easily the Dems embraced a more agressive posture,or a tiring of the never ending wars ,but never in my life have I heard Rs,calling to withdraw troops and close overseas operations.
    Its a really interesting dynamic.
    Ill be honest guys,Maybe its jst the training and the time spent getting whipped up into a frenzy of vigilance, but I worry that our enimies will be emboldened by our withdrawl from overseas.
    Our post WW2 efforts were so effective, we basically control (for all intents and purposes)the military actions of every country involved excluding the russians who dont want anything to do with Fing with us.

    Where we have failed in repeatingh our previous pattern IMO, is that anytime you have large expenditures of money corruption quickly follows becasue its so damn hard to account for Billions of dollars.

    Its not the policy,but our implementation that has failed us, because there are a group of Plutocrats that dont have a TRUE nationality,They are only concerned about how much money they can cheat or steal from the tax base, they are in both Parties.

    Im willing to aquiesce on this issue,as to be honest we ALL should be willing to do when it appears a majority would like to try doing this a diffrent way.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    the diversity of human genetics is infinitely diverse.
    No. It is not.

    If what you are saying is true, why do they have different standards for women in the military?

    If what you are saying is true, what percentage of women in the military meet the physical requirements that men have to live up to?

    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    When a girl has bigger Knuckles then I do, and they are dragging on the floor, has no breasts to speak of and a jaw set at right angles, you can literally see how the recipe got mixed up in the womb a little.
    You seeing a butch looking woman in the military does not invalidate sexual dimorphism in human beings.
    Last edited by gcoll; 01-24-2013 at 12:01 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    @ BMD,Hillarys numbers are off the charts. The only politician in the country that is higher is Christie.
    Joe Biden may WANT to run,but he wouldnt stand a chance against Hillary.

    I couldnt be more impressed with the woman,myself.I listened to the Fox shows yesterday,and I swear they are so ridiculous in attacking relentlessly every single person who leans left.If someone comes out and says anything that supports a progressive cause, they make sure to get the word out that so and so is a "LIB" now, take them off your list of desireables!

    Hillary was an amazing Secretary of state.She was everywhere around the world. She went to more countries then any previous SoS and was fearless,and demonstrative,and stood tall pushing the Interets of our country.
    She doesnt seem to have any of the baggage politicians ususally have,not embarrassing or illegal stuff(its my opinion that every politician in the country has THOSE) But things that play towards her conbviction or lack there of.She hasnt been bought.No interest controls her,maybe cause at the end of the day shes still Hillary Clinton no matter what happens,IDK, all I know is I trust the woman, and I think she is a Guarenteed 2016 D nomination.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ BMD,Hillarys numbers are off the charts. The only politician in the country that is higher is Christie.
    Joe Biden may WANT to run,but he wouldnt stand a chance against Hillary.

    I couldnt be more impressed with the woman,myself.I listened to the Fox shows yesterday,and I swear they are so ridiculous in attacking relentlessly every single person who leans left.If someone comes out and says anything that supports a progressive cause, they make sure to get the word out that so and so is a "LIB" now, take them off your list of desireables!

    Hillary was an amazing Secretary of state.She was everywhere around the world. She went to more countries then any previous SoS and was fearless,and demonstrative,and stood tall pushing the Interets of our country.
    She doesnt seem to have any of the baggage politicians ususally have,not embarrassing or illegal stuff(its my opinion that every politician in the country has THOSE) But things that play towards her conbviction or lack there of.She hasnt been bought.No interest controls her,maybe cause at the end of the day shes still Hillary Clinton no matter what happens,IDK, all I know is I trust the woman, and I think she is a Guarenteed 2016 D nomination.
    I won't vote for Hillary but she'd be a good nomination, but I just don't see it happening. Yup her numbers are off the charts but it's 4 days after the inauguration lots of things can happen. If i'm betting on the election hillary won't be the president in 2016. Don't see Christie either.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    I understand why this is controversial, and all I really feel is that if a woman is qualified, she should be allowed to. Period. So in that regard this is great. They now have the choice, and that's how it should be. But I do get why some feel unsettled by it, and I maybe fall slightly into that category.

    However, if you think this is terrible for these reasons, well...yikes.

    @TuckerCarlson
    The administration boasts about sending women to the front lines on the same day Democrats push the Violence Against Women Act.
    @TuckerCarlson
    Feminism's latest victory: the right to get your limbs blown off in war. Congratulations.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    No. It is not.

    If what you are saying is true, why do they have different standards for women in the military?

    If what you are saying is true, what percentage of women in the military meet the physical requirements that men have to live up to?


    You seeing a butch looking woman in the military does not invalidate sexual dimorphism in human beings.
    OH geez, again with this?
    why dont you research It?
    why are you so determined to debate things which you have such a limited understanding of?
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://a...9gPfePVuOVq1IQ

    How Much Genetic Variation Exists Among Humans?Homo sapiens is a relatively young species and has not had as much time to accumulate genetic variation as have the vast majority of species on earth, most of which predate humans by enormous expanses of time. Nonetheless, there is considerable genetic variation in our species. The human genome comprises about 3 109 base pairs of DNA, and the extent of human genetic variation is such that no two humans, save identical twins, ever have been or will be genetically identical. Between any two humans, the amount of genetic variation—biochemical individuality—is about .1 percent. This means that about one base pair out of every 1,000 will be different between any two individuals. Any two (diploid) people have about 6 106 base pairs that are different, an important reason for the development of automated procedures to analyze genetic variation.

    what percentage of women meet the male military standards? WELL G, since they are never required to attempt the standards set for males,how would you expect anyone to qualify that question?

    Hows this for a place to start though, outside of regular combat units,most other support units, dont follow PT protocols very closely(In my experience).Standards are met once a year and many times people get waivers to avoid taking portions of the tests that they struggle with for one reason or another.(this was prevelant in the airforce) so the point is how many Males REALLY represent the standard of fittness that is expected(lol).

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,592
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    why are you so determined to debate things which you have such a limited understanding of?
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://a...9gPfePVuOVq1IQ
    Why do you post links that have nothing to do with the argument accompanied by no explanation or argument?

    Your link is about race and national origin, not gender.

    Are you denying that sexual dimorphism exists in human beings?

    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7
    WELL G, since they are never required to attempt the standards set for males,how would you expect anyone to qualify that question?
    If your point stands, why do they even have different standards in the first place? I mean, human biology is infinitely diverse, right? So why aren't the standards already the same?

    Why do they also have lower requirements for women in the fire department?

    Why aren't there any women competing in professional male sports? I mean, biology is infinitely diverse, right?

    Why the **** do I have to offer support for the proposition that men are physically stronger and more athletic than women? This is insane.
    Last edited by gcoll; 01-24-2013 at 12:24 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    Im not interested in Videos (lol) Im look to scientific methodolgy as my guide.
    the link had almost nothing to do with race,or national origin....it USED race and national origin to explain how genetic diversity isnt limited to RACE or national origin.
    The human Genome comprises 3x10 to the 9th power base pairs of DNA.Thats 3 BILLION,all containing potential for genetic mutations and recessive or dominant allele expressions...like I said NEARLY INFINITE.

    Placing generalizations regarding the norm of male/female genetic expression is a limitation on freedom.
    It always amazes me when people embrace a concept but dont carry it across all aspects of their way of thinking.

    Youve basically said (in the past) that the market needed to be unfettered, Free, so to speak, but now people should not?

    I had a Girlfriend at one time who had the cutest little girl Ive ever seen in my life, big Bright blue eyes,long blond hair.When ever I would tell her "thats a No-no, or dont do that, she would look at me angrily and say "hmph, let little girls do WHATEVER they can do!"

    You might learn something from her.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam/Maryland
    Posts
    764
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    @ BMD,Hillarys numbers are off the charts. The only politician in the country that is higher is Christie.
    Joe Biden may WANT to run,but he wouldnt stand a chance against Hillary.

    I couldnt be more impressed with the woman,myself.I listened to the Fox shows yesterday,and I swear they are so ridiculous in attacking relentlessly every single person who leans left.If someone comes out and says anything that supports a progressive cause, they make sure to get the word out that so and so is a "LIB" now, take them off your list of desireables!

    Hillary was an amazing Secretary of state.She was everywhere around the world. She went to more countries then any previous SoS and was fearless,and demonstrative,and stood tall pushing the Interets of our country.
    She doesnt seem to have any of the baggage politicians ususally have,not embarrassing or illegal stuff(its my opinion that every politician in the country has THOSE) But things that play towards her conbviction or lack there of.She hasnt been bought.No interest controls her,maybe cause at the end of the day shes still Hillary Clinton no matter what happens,IDK, all I know is I trust the woman, and I think she is a Guarenteed 2016 D nomination.
    Pretty much agree with all this, which is part of the reasoning that leads me to conclude that she will indeed be a shoo-in in 16.

    The rest of the reasoning is that there is no indication that the TP has the slightest intention of behaving any differently than they have been. If this remains the case, the Reps will again be faced with numerous truly crazy contenders, from which they will again have the unenviable task of trying to find a candidate who can possibly appeal to the whole spectrum from the batshit crazies, to the TP, to the traditional Rep base, and to independents. Good luck with that.

    Apart from all that, you know that Hillary will attract more women voters than anyone in history. Unless some wholly unforeseeable disaster strikes, I reckon she's absolutely nailed on.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,538
    vCash
    1500
    And to directly answer your question, they have different standards because their is a BASELINE of commonality which exists, just as there is with how many fingers and toes people should have.

    That doesnt stop people from being born with more or less apendages.
    And it doesnt stop an embryo from failing to completely develop into a male.

    You do know that all embryos begin female Right?
    Females produce an antigen that changes the chromosome somewhere around the 6th week.
    the Ovums drop and become testies.
    Ever see an over developed Clitoris? Theres a reason it lokks like a tiny penis(lol).

    This chromosonal change in some cases doesnt produce the result that is THE NORM.
    This is what produces,(and there are many ,many of them) women who have a closer resemblance to male , then Female characteristics.
    the rest of it...muscle mass,hight,
    all that is genetic repition, that is to say Breeding.
    But you can obviously effect your own individual levels of competence.

    I know plenty of women who could outrun me(lol). And I dont know how long Id have to train to run a marathon(I dont want to find out either) but plenty of women do that several times a year.
    Can you run 26 miles?
    I sure as sh cant(lol),

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,047
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I understand why this is controversial, and all I really feel is that if a woman is qualified, she should be allowed to. Period. So in that regard this is great. They now have the choice, and that's how it should be. But I do get why some feel unsettled by it, and I maybe fall slightly into that category.

    However, if you think this is terrible for these reasons, well...yikes.
    the first one is very distasteful, 2nd one has some truth to it but worded horribly and as a slam. But it's why I say they belong on the front line, because it should be equal. And not separate but equal.
    Therefore he doesn't exist
    So poof...vamoose son of a b itch

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •