Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    Well if the fine has to be 10k for a dress code violation then yes the others should go up imo.
    Sad but true...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    And, the closest thing I'd say you could find to that -- actually dangerous and malicious plays -- have always been met with steeper fines than $10.5k.
    Brady attempting to tear the ACL/MCL of Reed only got a $10k fine and no penalty.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    If it was a small issue, such as not having my shirt tucked in, I was told to do so and if I didn't comply... sent home and didn't earn wages that day.
    So who told him to pull his socks up? No one? How could he comply if no one noticed to tell him?

You really believe he was sitting around before the game and was like "Hey F these guys I'm gonna not pull up my socks! That will show them what a rebel I am!!!!"

He obviously forgot to do it and *gasp* no one even noticed until after the game was over and they looked at the tape.

That's why it is a stupid thing to fine for.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    So for these people using the "Real world jobs" example, lets break it down.

If two people in your firm tomorrow break a rule.

One of them wears the wrong socks...

One of them lauches into a slide tackle across the office and kicks the guy who runs the Bought Ledger in the knee's...

Would you expect the person who wears the wrong socks to get the harsher punishment??
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    7 carries, 33 yards
    4 receptions, 38 yards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange famous View Post

One of them lauches into a slide tackle across the office and kicks the guy who runs the Bought Ledger in the knee's...

Would you expect the person who wears the wrong socks to get the harsher punishment??
    This is the 2nd time gore got fined for a uniform violation once before this season, so this one is higher.

vCash
    Slightly more then Brady's karate slide, gotta love the NFL lol

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Right, so if I came in last year with the wrong socks on for a day I DEFINITELY deserve more punishment than the guy who kicks one of the accountants?

What sort of place do you work at???
    _

Adopt a Jet

Bilal Powell - 2014
    7 carries, 33 yards
    4 receptions, 38 yards

vCash
    Fined for low socks? Crazy...

Earl Bennett got fined a few times last year for wearing oarnge colored cleats. And, they fine for not tucking in jerseys too. There's good uniform rules and rules that go way over the top. Socks? Way over the top...

vCash
    Right, so if I came in last year with the wrong socks on for a day I DEFINITELY deserve more punishment than the guy who kicks one of the accountants?

What sort of place do you work at???
    He did it twice this year. He got fined once, that didn't get him to stop, so they fined him more. Why is that hard for you to understand?

vCash

The two would be unrelated. I expect that my firm would have written guidelines on file for how to deal with each situation, and I'd expect them to be carried out according to those guidelines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Frank Gore is a thug.

Should be suspended.
    And where do you base that off of? He's a thug because he prefers low socks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Quit pretending all jobs and standards are created equal. They aren't.
    I'm not. I'm stating clearly that all jobs have standards (that may or may not be equal) and all jobs enforce those standards equally upon employees.

Frank Gore being a great running back doesn't exempt him from the rules.

It's hyperbolic and it is stupid.
    No, it isn't. You just don't like it. Big difference. You're wrong, I'm right. You not liking it doesn't make it stupid... it just makes you wrong

The 49ers don't care, the fans don't care.
    The 49ers don't matter, the NFL does. The NFL is the company that employs the NFLPA. The 49ers are a subsidiary of the NFL.

And stop committing the fallacy which assumes rules means the actual practice is ethical or correct. A law being law does not make that law right.
    Agreed. However, a law agreed to by the one under it, and an agreement to follow those rules, entered into voluntarily... is ethical. If I agree to enter into a contract agreement where I agree to standards, stipulations, and punishments, none of which violate any law of the land (FEMA)... how is someone going to say it is suddenly wrong or unethical, when I agreed to it?

You're simply wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    It's the principle. Goodell is such a money hungry tyrant.
    lol Principe. It would take a real moron to quit the NFL over 10 K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Brady attempting to tear the ACL/MCL of Reed only got a $10k fine and no penalty.
    exactly. How is this even in the same realm?

The NFL is a joke.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    exactly. How is this even in the same realm?

The NFL is a joke.
    They're not. That's the point. They're completely unrelated and set on different penalty scales, completely unrelated to one another.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast