Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    The NFL is such a joke at times.
    Show up to your job out of uniform. Tell me how that goes for you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    So, if I wear the wrong colored socks I should be fined? If my shoes don't go with my pants then I should be fined... please. Keep your facepalm's to yourself.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    So the guy who doesn't tuck his shirt in at his job should receive the same punishment as the guy who kicked the ladder out from under a guy? Absolutely ridiculous.
    49ersssss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    So the guy who doesn't tuck his shirt in at his job should receive the same punishment as the guy who kicked the ladder out from under a guy? Absolutely ridiculous.
    No one kicked a ladder out from another guy.

And, the closest thing I'd say you could find to that -- actually dangerous and malicious plays -- have always been met with steeper fines than $10.5k.

However, like I said, the two are unrelated. The penalty for showing up to work out of uniform and willfully refusing to fix the problem results in being sent home and a day's pay gone.... at the least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    So, if I wear the wrong colored socks I should be fined? If my shoes don't go with my pants then I should be fined... please. Keep your facepalm's to yourself.
    I don't care if you were wearing the wrong-colored bracelet. When you enter into an employment agreement you sign a contract acknowledging that you will adhere to the uniform policy of said company, and you understand the consequences if you don't.

Every job I've ever worked has had a very simple policy if you show up violating the uniform policy: Go home and change and come back (resulting in lost pay) or go home (resulting in the loss of an entire day's pay).

Gore lost about 65% of a day's pay due to the fact that he knowingly showed up to work in violation of the uniform policy of the NFL, which he has agreed to follow, or face consequences, by voluntarily entering into an employment contract with the NFL via the CBA and the NFLPA... with full knowledge of the rules, stipulations, and consequences that would follow.

There's no foul here. There's nothing wrong. It's business as usual.

So yes, I don't give a **** what the rule is, if you show up to work in willful violation of your company's uniform policy, you are going to lose wages. Period.

vCash
    Look at this scumbag:
    http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Rs...pw_6954306.jpg

Do you see how ****ing low his socks are.

vCash
    Different jobs, different expectations. Apples and oranges. The comparison is kind of really hyperbolic and dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Different jobs, different expectations. Apples and oranges. The comparison is kind of really hyperbolic and dumb.
    No it isn't. It's a professional job with professional uniform standards which have been agreed upon by both parties in the signing of an employment contract. It isn't different at all. Where do we get this mythical idea that somehow being a player in the NFL isn't a job with the same expectations as other jobs? In fact, usually higher?

vCash
    I was using an example just like you did when you brought real life jobs into it. (example)Brady got 500 less for something far more malicious than wearing your socks to low. The rules are the rules i get it that's not what im arguing. IMO they need to reevaluate the penalties for the violations. There should be no way a guy who wears his socks to low or forgets to tuck his shirt in should be fined as much as a guy who tried to hurt some one.
    49ersssss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    I was using an example just like you did when you brought real life jobs into it. (example)Brady got 500 less for something far more malicious than wearing your socks to high. The rules are the rules i get it that's not what im arguing. IMO they need to reevaluate the penalties for the violations. There should be no way a guy who wears his socks to low or forgets to tuck his shirt in should be fined as much as a guy who tried to hurt some one intentional or not.
    Now we're talking apples and oranges. They're different. $10k is more than fair for Gore's punishment. Would you like to see the penalties go up for Unnecessary Roughing violations? See how that goes over with fans.

Which is it? Do they fine them too much for UR, or not enough?

The sock fine is not up for debate. It is fair. That is the starting point.

vCash
    Well if the fine has to be 10k for a dress code violation then yes the others should go up imo.
    49ersssss

vCash
    No it isn't. It's a professional job with professional uniform standards which have been agreed upon by both parties in the signing of an employment contract. It isn't different at all. Where do we get this mythical idea that somehow being a player in the NFL isn't a job with the same expectations as other jobs? In fact, usually higher?
    Sticking to the hyperbolic guns, impressive. Well, when you can find any old slouch to be an elite running back, tell me. Niners should fire him and find another dime a dozen Gore.

Mr. Pencil Pusher is basically in the same boat, he can be easily replaced, like Gore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Sticking to the hyperbolic guns, impressive. Well, when you can find any old slouch to be an elite running back, tell me. Niners should fire him and find another dime a dozen Gore.

Mr. Pencil Pusher is basically in the same boat, he can be easily replaced, like Gore.
    It isn't hyperbole. It's reality.

Keep pretending Gore didn't sign a contract as a member of the NFLPA to adhere to the uniform policies of the NFL and face the repurcussions if he didn't. So... because he's an elite back, suddenly that doesn't matter?

vCash
    Quit pretending all jobs and standards are created equal. They aren't. It's hyperbolic and it is stupid. The 49ers don't care, the fans don't care.

And stop committing the fallacy which assumes rules means the actual practice is ethical or correct. A law being law does not make that law right.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 01-24-2013 at 03:56 AM.

vCash
    Lol..this is a joke!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast