Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    Wearing socks too low? Really?

This deserves a

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    This site seriously blows my mind. Have none of you worked a job where you were required to adhere to a uniform policy? Every job I've ever worked carried a uniform policy that were all enforced the same way: You come into work out of uniform -- you get sent home and don't earn wages that day.

If it was a small issue, such as not having my shirt tucked in, I was told to do so and if I didn't comply... sent home and didn't earn wages that day.

This is no different. The NFL is a job, not a game. These are professional athletes who have full knowledge of their uniform policy and are expected to adhere to it. If they don't... they lose wages, just like any other job.

Frank Gore is set to make upwards of around $6m this year after bonuses and incentives. That comes out to $16,435 a day. So, a $10,500 fine seems right in line as a fair assessment of a day's wages for failing to comply with company uniform policy.

Why is this so hard? Is no one here a grown up and work jobs in the real world?

vCash
    roger goodell should be fined 10,501 for even suggesting this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    This site seriously blows my mind. Have none of you worked a job where you were required to adhere to a uniform policy? Every job I've ever worked carried a uniform policy that were all enforced the same way: You come into work out of uniform -- you get sent home and don't earn wages that day.

If it was a small issue, such as not having my shirt tucked in, I was told to do so and if I didn't comply... sent home and didn't earn wages that day.

This is no different. The NFL is a job, not a game. These are professional athletes who have full knowledge of their uniform policy and are expected to adhere to it. If they don't... they lose wages, just like any other job.

Frank Gore is set to make upwards of around $6m this year after bonuses and incentives. That comes out to $16,435 a day. So, a $10,500 fine seems right in line as a fair assessment of a day's wages for failing to comply with company uniform policy.

I completely agree, but it's still funny, at least to some, or silly. The standards are there for a reason and it makes sense to hold such standards but they can still be silly at times. I think it's wherever you draw the line. I just don't see socks as a big deal, so I agree with the facepalming the person I quoted did. I think the fine is reasonable and necessary, but the rules they enforce can be altered.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post

That's not what i was laughing at. Its the fact that hes fined more then guys who are chopblocking/facemasking/ shots to head etc. I mean he was fined 500 more dollars than bradys ninja slide at a stars knee. But you are obviously correct that its not out of the norm to have dress codes at mostly all jobs including the ****** ones.
    49ersssss

vCash
    It's hilarious he was fined more than Brady was when he admitted guilt.

vCash
    I'd give them 11,000 and tell them to shove the extra 500 up their ***
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I wish i had 10,500 i could just give away

vCash
    Some one with 2 acl tears in both knees and no knee pads, what a beast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    thats tom brady hes a god

vCash
    lolPhillies i have your quest for six sig as a background on my iphone5, thats a beast sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krizzle88 View Post
    Some one with 2 acl tears in both knees and no knee pads, what a beast
    Knee pads have nothing to do with protected your ACL
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedy22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImgoodHarbaughU View Post
    That's not what i was laughing at. Its the fact that hes fined more then guys who are chopblocking/facemasking/ shots to head etc. I mean he was fined 500 more dollars than bradys ninja slide at a stars knee.

I'm not sure why this matters, or why the two are even related. The question is never "well what about THAT guy? He did [x]..." The question is always, "does the punishment fit the crime?" Each punishment would then be evaluated on its own terms, based on a starting, understood criteria.

We can dislike that sock-height is an issue which the league deems worthy to be part of a uniform policy, but the reality is that for a known, willful violation of company uniform policy on a work-day resulting in a $10,500 fine for a guy whose daily wages are $16,000.... the answer is a resounding "yes." The punishment most certainly fits the crime.

Then, separately, with no relation to the Frank Gore incident, we have a player sliding with his cleats up at the legs of a defender, which is clearly a violation of Rule 12 of the NFL's Rules. First-time offenders have generally received fines between $7-15k depending upon the severity of the infraction and the perceived intent to injure or cause harm.

The first question is whether or not these first-time offenses should receive steeper penalties. The League and the NFLPA seem to have agreed that these are, at the very least, agreeable. Just as they've agreed to other rules (ie, uniform policy). What I find particularly odd is the fact that the general reaction to such fines for violations of Rule 12 are almost always that they are too steep. Yet, suddenly, because it is less than the penalty of a completely unrelated rule violation, people are up in arms that it isn't steep enough?

Considering there seemed to be no intent to injure and Brady is a first-time offender, and that this is far more benign than blows to a player's head or neck, it would seem that $10k instead of $8k suffices.

Who cares what Frank Gore got fined for something completely unrelated?

vCash
    NFL= No Fun League

Get fined for wearing orange shoes

get fined for paying tribute to a legend (Johnny U)

and now this.

There socks man. It's not like there were poka-dotted or rainbow-striped. Sheesh
    Broncos be like:

vCash
    The NFL is such a joke at times.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 7-5
    Warriors = 16-2 Making it rain!
    A's =
    WINNING!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast