Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeKobe View Post
    They're not. That's the point. They're completely unrelated and set on different penalty scales, completely unrelated to one another.
    Yeah I get that, that wasn't my point though.

How can a friggin uniform violation EVER be MORE than an act of possibly going after a player in a malicious manner?
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redskins10 View Post
    And where do you base that off of? He's a thug because he prefers low socks?
    Guess its tough to detect sarcasm on a message board.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    It would be nice to stick it to the league if both teams played the entire Super Bowl, biggest game of the year, coming off of this ridiculous fine, were to wear their socks this low to show up Goodell. (all 106 players) I would be in heaven.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    It would be nice to stick it to the league if both teams played the entire Super Bowl, biggest game of the year, coming off of this ridiculous fine, were to wear their socks this low to show up Goodell. (all 106 players) I would be in heaven.
    You're right. They're not professionals. They're just athletes. They shouldn't be accountable to any standards as professionals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyru View Post
    Yeah I get that, that wasn't my point though.

How can a friggin uniform violation EVER be MORE than an act of possibly going after a player in a malicious manner?
    Because they're unrelated. You're still relating them. A = worse than B, therefore, A should be fined more than B.

The point is, A isn't worse than B. A is completely different than B. They are unrelated. "Worse" is a comparative implying degree, which only works in terms of comparable offesnses. These two are not comparable, therefore, comparisons don't work.

They're unrelated, and therefore the price for one compared to the other is meaningless and irrelevant. You're still creating a false comparison.

vCash
    frank gore is fined but demarco murray can free ball with no fine? BS

BWALL & QUIK FIX THIS MESS
    PSD Mock Draft
    1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
    2. Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech
    3. Cody Latimer WR Indiana

vCash
    This officially puts Gore on my least favorite athlete list. ****ing scum bag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Different jobs, different expectations. Apples and oranges. The comparison is kind of really hyperbolic and dumb.
    I don't care if you were wearing the wrong-colored bracelet. When you enter into an employment agreement you sign a contract acknowledging that you will adhere to the uniform policy of said company, and you understand the consequences if you don't.

Every job I've ever worked has had a very simple policy if you show up violating the uniform policy: Go home and change and come back (resulting in lost pay) or go home (resulting in the loss of an entire day's pay).

Gore lost about 65% of a day's pay due to the fact that he knowingly showed up to work in violation of the uniform policy of the NFL, which he has agreed to follow, or face consequences, by voluntarily entering into an employment contract with the NFL via the CBA and the NFLPA... with full knowledge of the rules, stipulations, and consequences that would follow.

There's no foul here. There's nothing wrong. It's business as usual.

So yes, I don't give a **** what the rule is, if you show up to work in willful violation of your company's uniform policy, you are going to lose wages. Period.
    No it isn't. It's a professional job with professional uniform standards which have been agreed upon by both parties in the signing of an employment contract. It isn't different at all. Where do we get this mythical idea that somehow being a player in the NFL isn't a job with the same expectations as other jobs? In fact, usually higher?
    You are comparing a professional athlete to normal everyday jobs? Also, I work and we don't have a uniform policy. Its called just being presentable and wear your PPE when applicable. So If I wear a blue labcoat instead of a white one I should be fined then according to your logic. LOL
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 13-6 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    You are comparing a professional athlete to normal everyday jobs? Also, I work and we don't have a uniform policy. Its called just being presentable and wear your PPE when applicable. So If I wear a blue labcoat instead of a white one I should be fined then according to your logic. LOL
    Nope. Wrong, again! Remarkable.

If you don't have a uniform policy, you don't have one. The NFL does, just like most other jobs. If your's doesn't, then good for you.

If you do, and it requires a lab coat, but is not specific of the color, then no, by my logic, you should not be fined. If you do, and it does require a specific color of lab coat, and you knowingly and intentionally wear the wrong color, you should be subject to the consequences outlined when you signed on for employment.

You can try to pretend the NFL isn't a job just like other jobs, but it is. Frank Gore, as a member of the NFLPA, signed a CBA, which includes subjecting himself to the authority of the NFL's rules, including their uniform policy, and subjecting himself to the subsequent consequences for intentional violations of those rules.

This isn't hard guys. It's employment 101. You sign a contract, you are accountable to that contract.

vCash
    Nope. Wrong, again! Remarkable.

If you don't have a uniform policy, you don't have one. The NFL does, just like most other jobs. If your's doesn't, then good for you.

If you do, and it requires a lab coat, but is not specific of the color, then no, by my logic, you should not be fined. If you do, and it does require a specific color of lab coat, and you knowingly and intentionally wear the wrong color, you should be subject to the consequences outlined when you signed on for employment.

You can try to pretend the NFL isn't a job just like other jobs, but it is. Frank Gore, as a member of the NFLPA, signed a CBA, which includes subjecting himself to the authority of the NFL's rules, including their uniform policy, and subjecting himself to the subsequent consequences for intentional violations of those rules.

This isn't hard guys. It's employment 101. You sign a contract, you are accountable to that contract.
    A policy being a policy doesn't mean the policy should be enforced let alone defended.

vCash
    A policy being a policy doesn't mean the policy should be enforced let alone defended.
    Yes, it does, when it is entered into voluntarily by both parties and doesn't violate any ethics set out by the law (FEMA).

It's remarkable that real injustices happen in the workplace every day and we're trying to defend a millionaire for willfully breaking a rule he entered into voluntarily and then intentionally violated. It's utterly remarkable.

Everyone needs to grow the **** up. It's seriously like talking to children with no real world work experience.

vCash
    Yes, it does, when it is entered into voluntarily by both parties and doesn't violate any ethics set out by the law (FEMA).

It's remarkable that real injustices happen in the workplace every day and we're trying to defend a millionaire for willfully breaking a rule he entered into voluntarily and then intentionally violated. It's utterly remarkable.

Everyone needs to grow the **** up. It's seriously like talking to children with no real world work experience.
    Stop pretending the rule is justified by it simply existing in the agreed upon contract. There are many idiotic rules/laws that exist that we have to agree on to do something we want. This does not validate any of these rules/laws.

Stop defending an organization because they are upholding a standard, because they aren't, it's an excuse to fine someone.
    Last edited by Guppyfighter; 01-24-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Stop pretending the rule is justified by it simply existing in the agreed upon contract. There are many idiotic rules/laws that exist that we have to agree on to do something we want. This does not validate any of these rules/laws.

Stop defending an organization because they are upholding a standard, because they aren't, it's an excuse to fine someone.
    You just simply aren't capable of actually discussing ethics. Sorry. Goodbye.

vCash
    You just simply aren't capable of actually discussing ethics. Sorry. Goodbye.
    If the only justification for a fine is that it was agreed upon in fine print, then there is no justification for a fine. Did it hurt the NFL? Did it hurt their image? Did it hurt the Niners image? There was no consequences for wearing his socks low and it can not be justified by saying "well, it's there so nah nah"

vCash
    I don't think it's fine worthy, but the low-nest of his socks were definitely noticeable by me, I honestly thought his socks fell down...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast