• Good Move/ Like The Hire

56 88.89%
  • Could've Done Better/ Don't Like It

2 3.17%
  • Meh

5 7.94%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Tony Sprono has the right experience and a Very Good Pick Up for The Raiders!
    Darth Raider Meets The Legendary Al Davis !!!

To All My Oakland Raider Nation Brothers Remember .. Never Argue With An Idiot , First They Start The Fight. Then Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Their Experience!

Oakland Raiders Fan For Life ~ GangsteRaider

vCash
    I like the hire. Bringing back power football to the Raiders after a one years absence! Going to do great things and give that defense a rest. I personally wouldn't have minded that Alabama OL coach too that ran all over and bullied everyone! LOL..

Now up... LB coach!! Any suggestions...

vCash
    It's only a matter of time before he becomes head coach.

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    maybe he can help us acquire jake long at a discount...coming off injury ha ha...that would be nice....put him at RT...let Jared decide where...hes earned it in my book...
    That would be great....

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Can't think of a better move, or one more needed.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Imagine? Jake Long at LT, Jared Veldheer at RT or vise versa
    My thoughts as well....we certainly would be upgraded!

vCash
    Good hire...Now go all OL and DL in draft. Build from the inside out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Imagine? Jake Long at LT, Jared Veldheer at RT or vise versa

Then we can draft an interior lineman and we'll have an amazing line.

Dude....you are seriously making me jizz out of excitement with those type of comments lol. If we get Long at a good price, that will solve so many of Raiders problems with the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    It's only a matter of time before he becomes head coach.
    I hope you dont mean for us? lol i mean its great he is the OL coach but he should never have anything more then that. He has showed now several times he should never run another team. He sucked with the dolphins and was terrible as the jets OC. he can coach Ol and thats were it should end.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    I like this addition for not only McFadden but for Pryor. I feel Sparano has great idea's and could help the offensive coordinator out as well. He will also be a big help to us against the Dolphins something that will be huge him knowing their personnel so well. May even see some wildcat type plays with Pryor or perhaps the pistol, just imagine if we still had Bush. I'm as excited about this hire as I was excited to see Knapp gone. That's a whole heap of excitement.

vCash
    I just dont get the interesting in running out of date un productive scheme that the whole NFL has figured out. And the rest who did ran it have moved on. It was a trick system that has lost its magic.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    Sparano will serve us well in two areas. First and foremost, he will help improve our OL by the way he coaches them. Secondly, he can assist DA with the daily "ins" and "outs" of being an everyday HC......a little extra experience goes a long ways.

BTW, he took a very bad Dolphins team, and went 11-5(I think) their first year. So he can coach a little, at least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Prox Oakland makes all the teams they play, look like Super Bowl contenders except the Chiefs in 2012. I appreciate that the hire has some extensive NFL experience, hopefully the linemen are better off because of it.
    Sporano was an excellent offensive line coach. The players are getting one of the best in the business to coach 'em up.

If DA falls on his face in 2013, Sporano could easily get the promotion to interim head coach.

For what it's worth, I can't recall the last time the Raiders hired a "big-time" assistant coach. With luck, this is the first in a long string of hires the Raiders make where legitimate, credible coaches are hired to teach the players.

vCash
    Excellent hire..Sparano comes from the Parcells tree so you know his players are going to play tough. DA will also have a coach to. Ounce things off of as the asst head coach. We have a pretty nice staff so far, althougb not to sure about Olson yet..

I do think with Sparano blocking an Olson/Saunders system..we may have a productive offense this year. If you look at the offenses in the afc and nfc title games Balt and Atl both run power/ vertical, NE runs a total hybrid of wco zone power and SF is running the wco with the pistol. . Great to see different effective offensive schemes..

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Good hire. I'm pleased.
    I have to ask, does an assistant coach have any influence on the play book or play calling?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast