Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Tony Sparano hire?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Move/ Like The Hire

    56 88.89%
  • Could've Done Better/ Don't Like It

    2 3.17%
  • Meh

    5 7.94%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 90 of 90
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PHOENIX AZ
    Posts
    1,820
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    I have to ask, does an assistant coach have any influence on the play book or play calling?
    Im sure is more than allowed to share his feedback in offensive meetings...So hopefully the New OC likes to take into account what others on the staff feel...especially staff with experience

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,910
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    I hope you dont mean for us? lol i mean its great he is the OL coach but he should never have anything more then that. He has showed now several times he should never run another team. He sucked with the dolphins and was terrible as the jets OC. he can coach Ol and thats were it should end.
    That's exactly what I'm saying because I think DA will be fired mid-season at some point. I think we hired him before he was ready to be a head coach.

    ahhh... the good ole days

    watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rogue River, OR
    Posts
    2,129
    vCash
    1500
    Good move!! it makes me wonder if Saunders will be around long, too many offensive chefs and all. solid O line coach for sure.

    Reggie's Rebuild!!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,186
    vCash
    1500
    Great hire but why not make the man the new oc ? Imo he would be better at that job then the one we just hired.
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ontario Ca
    Posts
    2,913
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^ Crazy, keep him away from our O. After what I saw from his work in NY last year, I want him farrr away from a playbook/play calling as possible....Ill be happy with him as our line coach tho
    [

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,743
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERLIFE View Post
    ^^^ Crazy, keep him away from our O. After what I saw from his work in NY last year, I want him farrr away from a playbook/play calling as possible....Ill be happy with him as our line coach tho
    Agreed
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,271
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    Great hire but why not make the man the new oc ? Imo he would be better at that job then the one we just hired.
    Nahh he's a horrible OC. I no you can't take much from the lack of talent around the jets but he's a pretty horrid play caller. He made his name as an O Line coach so I'm happy with the hire there. You do not want to see him as OC. Believe me

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,186
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRaiderLove View Post
    Nahh he's a horrible OC. I no you can't take much from the lack of talent around the jets but he's a pretty horrid play caller. He made his name as an O Line coach so I'm happy with the hire there. You do not want to see him as OC. Believe me
    What about Olson? Can he do a better job at OC.?
    Eat to live don't live to eat.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,411
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderx510 View Post
    What about Olson? Can he do a better job at OC.?
    Knapp might be able too(than sparano). Excellent hire for OL coach and nice Asst head coach. But he would have been a horrible OC


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    2,537
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AsfanSince99 View Post
    That's exactly what I'm saying because I think DA will be fired mid-season at some point. I think we hired him before he was ready to be a head coach.
    DA WILL be fired mid-season......really!! What is your proof other than to presume that he was hired before he was ready,which would make McKennzie clueless as a GM ,well hell let's just fire eveyone then and get it over with. That's just the most absurd thing I've read so far>

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    I cant believe some of you honestly. I mean we get a somewhat be name washed up head coach. Who used to be in the head lines alot and now were talking about why isnt he doing this and when will he be our head coach. THe guy is nothing special except when it deals with the OL.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    8,411
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    I cant believe some of you honestly. I mean we get a somewhat be name washed up head coach. Who used to be in the head lines alot and now were talking about why isnt he doing this and when will he be our head coach. THe guy is nothing special except when it deals with the OL.
    This, lol I would be furious if he was oc. He does have that Tom cable quality(whose OL/assistant HC in Seattle) as in having his players go all out for him. Seahawks players say tom cable was a huge influence maybe sparano can be that guy . I love the st coach hire, the OL hire, the oc hire we should find out 5 weeks or so into the season I wanted Aaron kromer.


    Yall let me slip?!?!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    modesto
    Posts
    7,779
    vCash
    1500
    ^ hell i hope he is like that also. Tom could do one thing and that was bring the players together to play hard. If tony can do that for us rock on, but i dont want him calling plays at any point and no way do i want him as a head coach.

    Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NOR CAL
    Posts
    8,774
    vCash
    1500
    Guy has been an O line coach a head coach and an offensive cord. He has a ton of experience and is considered a solid coach. I am not sure why anyone would have any reason to be upset about having a guy like this around??

    If anything be more upset that we don't have more like him around. It also shows that folks with solid names and reputations are not afraid or unwilling to work for the organization RM or DA so that is all a plus as well in my eye.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt


    There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    1500
    Nice hire! Maybe some wild cat added to the offense as well.........

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •