Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bulls valued at $800 million

Forbes released its annual valuations of NBA franchises Wednesday, listing the Chicago Bulls third behind the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers at $800 million.

That's a 33 percent change in value from a year ago, when the Bulls also were ranked third. The Knicks were valued at $1.1 billion. Forbes said the Lakers are worth $1 billion.

Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf assumed his position on March 13, 1985. He originally led a group that acquired $56.8 percent of the team for $9.2 million.

The complete Forbes list of NBA franchise values can be found here.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,4781684.story

vCash
    I understand the Lakers are valued higher than the Bulls but the Knicks which I don't understand because they are a losing franchise.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    I understand the Lakers are valued higher than the Bulls but the Knicks which I don't understand because they are a losing franchise.
    Them jersey sales. We only have one guy that people overseas buy while the Knicks have a couple.

vCash
    That's an average growth of 310% every year for 28 years.

DAMN... great investment...
    [IMG]/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Them jersey sales. We only have one guy that people overseas buy while the Knicks have a couple.
    I think it's more that the price to go see a Knicks game is greater, NY is a bigger city and has more appeal around the world than Chicago does.

vCash
    I would love to see more in-depth numbers beyond Forbe's surveys and the easily manipulated numbers teams publicly disclose - the Bulls release an annual 'statement' of sorts released in the Bulls magazine, but it doesn't have anything interesting on it.

Occasionally real hard numbers are released when a team is acquired, but other times things are just swept under the rug - Sacramento's sale was one where "mum" was the word on the financials until the deal was ratified by the league/owners.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Team*Chicago View Post
    they're in the largest market and have had stars

but i guess this good for jerry(i dunno why this was posted ,i mean no one should care about this but him)
    Last edited by abe_froman; 01-24-2013 at 06:34 PM.

vCash
    At least one of his teams sell out

vCash
    I still think knicks numbers are inflated and adjusted for their cost of living or something. I just dont get it.
    Last edited by chichi; 01-25-2013 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    Now I see why Reinsdorf wont sell this team despite not nearly caring for it as much as he does is beloved White Sox.

You're making 34 mill annually and you don't want to take a dip into the luxury tax?
    Broncos be like: