Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758
Results 856 to 864 of 864
  1. #856
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Without Felton... Everyone really does play out of their comfort zone. Looks like we all now understand how important the chucking Felton is for this team. Maybe he should take the next two months off to see more people panic... Lol its great I tell you
    Weezy F Baby


  2. #857
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    23,716
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    No he wasn't, he's been pretty bad for a while now... 36% for Jan, 39% for Dec. in the last MONTH he's had ONE game where he shot 50%...

    And really dude? I've been posting here for years through thick and thin, been a Knick fan since I was 12... i'm 29 now.

    Get outta here with that bandwagon BS, and no Knick fan is "spoiled" after the decade we just had.
    NYC is as real a fan as it gets. Probably the most unbiased dude on this forum too. I pick his posts because I enjoy debating with him, I would say the only thing I really ever disagree with him on is the more efficient = better offensive player stuff that gets implied way too often on PSD.

    I will say one thing though, Amare is a guy who needs his teammates to constantly look for him, and find him open, and get him open. Theres a difference between guys like that and guys who create for themselves and others. Finishers SHOULD be more efficient. I also think if Amare gets close to 15 FGA, thats going to put so much emphasis on trying to get him the ball, everyone else would struggle to find a rhythm. Its like trying to forcefeed Tyson 10 shots.

    I mean how many pick and rolls do you think you run before actually finding the guy for a quality attempt? I'd say about 3-5 get ran before the guy gets a quality shot attempt against your average defensive team. We pretty much start each possession with pick and rolls before going to iso.

    Bottom line what I'm trying to say here, its not easy to get a guy like STAT a quality shot because he can't get off a quality shot unless hes open with space. Thats just as much a reason as any why he doesn't get a ton of attempts. If you make a point to get him 15 shots, your going to be running a ton of empty pick and roll trying to do so, and your gonna end up with JR and Melo chucks late in the clock anyway and a lot of STAT turnovers in forced 1 on 1 face up situations. With Melo and JR, at the very least, you know they can get a clean look at the rim whenever you need one. Theres a reason they always end up with the ball in those scenarios.

    STATs going to beast on the offensive glass if he wants to get 12-15 FGA. I do think he should get some more, mostly catch and shoot jumpers because I feel thats probably the best bet to get him more looks without ruining the flow of this offense.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-25-2013 at 06:27 PM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

    "This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

  3. #858
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    NYC is as real a fan as it gets. Probably the most unbiased dude on this forum too. I pick his posts because I enjoy debating with him, I would say the only thing I really ever disagree with him on is the more efficient = better offensive player stuff that gets implied way too often on PSD.

    I will say one thing though, Amare is a guy who needs his teammates to constantly look for him, and find him open, and get him open. Theres a difference between guys like that and guys who create for themselves and others. Finishers SHOULD be more efficient. I also think if Amare gets close to 15 FGA, thats going to put so much emphasis on trying to get him the ball, everyone else would struggle to find a rhythm. Its like trying to forcefeed Tyson 10 shots.

    I mean how many pick and rolls do you think you run before actually finding the guy for a quality attempt? I'd say about 3-5 get ran before the guy gets a quality shot attempt against your average defensive team. We pretty much start each possession with pick and rolls before going to iso.

    Bottom line what I'm trying to say here, its not easy to get a guy like STAT a quality shot because he can't get off a quality shot unless hes open with space. Thats just as much a reason as any why he doesn't get a ton of attempts. If you make a point to get him 15 shots, your going to be running a ton of empty pick and roll trying to do so, and your gonna end up with JR and Melo chucks late in the clock anyway and a lot of STAT turnovers in forced 1 on 1 face up situations. With Melo and JR, at the very least, you know they can get a clean look at the rim whenever you need one. Theres a reason they always end up with the ball in those scenarios.

    STATs going to beast on the offensive glass if he wants to get 12-15 FGA. I do think he should get some more, mostly catch and shoot jumpers because I feel thats probably the best bet to get him more looks without ruining the flow of this offense.
    Everything you said makes sense to me with the "no post moves" Amare.
    But i'm kind of impressed with his new moves. I didn't expect so much improvement.

    Sometimes i feel we have moments that we are thriving with him in the post and we just stop doing that without explanation.

  4. #859
    Anji's Avatar
    Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    OrangeCounty NY
    Posts
    8,874
    vCash
    1500
    Celtics are mad, the are beating up on the hawks in ATL.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........


    Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    19,056
    vCash
    1500
    They are actually tied with Atlanta.

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RoLLTidE!! AlaBamA!!
    Posts
    9,050
    vCash
    1500
    STAT & Melo just need a bonafide pg, which we have in Felton. Chandler needs to get out the paint when STAT is in the game and get his (Chandler) points on oops & put-backs..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

  7. #862
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    GO NY GO NY GO!!
    Posts
    16,809
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4 View Post
    They are actually tied with Atlanta.
    Boston was up 27 against em and blew it.


  8. #863
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,022
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    NYC is as real a fan as it gets. Probably the most unbiased dude on this forum too. I pick his posts because I enjoy debating with him, I would say the only thing I really ever disagree with him on is the more efficient = better offensive player stuff that gets implied way too often on PSD.

    I will say one thing though, Amare is a guy who needs his teammates to constantly look for him, and find him open, and get him open. Theres a difference between guys like that and guys who create for themselves and others. Finishers SHOULD be more efficient. I also think if Amare gets close to 15 FGA, thats going to put so much emphasis on trying to get him the ball, everyone else would struggle to find a rhythm. Its like trying to forcefeed Tyson 10 shots.

    I mean how many pick and rolls do you think you run before actually finding the guy for a quality attempt? I'd say about 3-5 get ran before the guy gets a quality shot attempt against your average defensive team. We pretty much start each possession with pick and rolls before going to iso.

    Bottom line what I'm trying to say here, its not easy to get a guy like STAT a quality shot because he can't get off a quality shot unless hes open with space. Thats just as much a reason as any why he doesn't get a ton of attempts. If you make a point to get him 15 shots, your going to be running a ton of empty pick and roll trying to do so, and your gonna end up with JR and Melo chucks late in the clock anyway and a lot of STAT turnovers in forced 1 on 1 face up situations. With Melo and JR, at the very least, you know they can get a clean look at the rim whenever you need one. Theres a reason they always end up with the ball in those scenarios.

    STATs going to beast on the offensive glass if he wants to get 12-15 FGA. I do think he should get some more, mostly catch and shoot jumpers because I feel thats probably the best bet to get him more looks without ruining the flow of this offense.
    Thanks for showing love...

    as far as the efficient thing...well right now who would you say the top 4 teams are? I think we can all agree its

    OKC
    MIA
    LAC
    SAS

    Is it a coincidence that those are also the top 4 shooting teams all shooting 47-49%? I don't think so. You're not going to win many games against great teams with guys like JR going 2-15 or shooting in the 30's.

    Right now we are 18th in the NBA in fg% at 44%... now i'll give us a break and say we should be closer to 45% because we shoot more 3's than anyone so that affects our overall fg%... but still I don't think we can win a chip with our 3 leading scorers being JR, Melo & Felton all shooting 40,39 & 45%. Because even Melo cannot sniff Lebron, Wade or Durant or even Parker when it comes to efficient scoring.

    That's why I think we need Amare to be that 18ppg efficient scorer... when Amare is on, he will rarely have a game where he shoots under 50%...

    we just need a lil more discipline... hopefully Shump has developed a shot and can take some minutes away from JR... because JR shouldn't be playing more than 25mpg with his style of play if he's off.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 01-26-2013 at 10:12 AM.

  9. #864
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Posts
    9,943
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The game, my take:

    STAT played very well, the fouls I thought a couple were a joke which made his minutes go down.

    Melo, anyone blaming STAT is loco.........he missed two easy layups, and elbow shots that when in and out, nothing to do with STAT. He took two end of clock shots that really don't matter so he came back to help us win and played really great down the stretch like a star should.
    Melo having to be point is not his strong suit and his game will change with Felton back.

    JR, his shot selection is back to last yr's playoffs and needs to get back to early this yr. Felton will help here.

    Chandler- vanish first half once again...........steps up in the second half once again, needs much more production to help us out early on.

    Novak..............oh where oh where did your shot go, where are where did it go????

    KT, Please never ever touch the court again, your done, finished, the end..........I was all for you from your play last yr but oh how a yr makes a difference in your case. Get K-Mart

    Pablo still not impressing me, and we need a back up pg.....

    Kidd, great in his role for off guard and hit open threes, welcome back Ray.

    Iman, great first half, I'll say tired legs in the second half.


    Agreed....Novak needs to be traded to the highest bidder.....Melo must make easy layups...Tyson must learn how to play with Amar'e.

    JR is who he is....we can live with that....he has no conscience....but he's much better than last year.

    Felt should space the floor now that he's back.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •