Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Melo & Amare's tenure together has been very inconsistent... I remember when Melo was first traded here his first year he scored 26ppg on 48% shooting and Amare also averaged 25ppg.

Last year was a mixed bag...Melo played like trash all year with or without Amare until that last month...but Melo had alot of injuries last year as well.

This year we shall see... but I've liked what I'm seeing from the two.

The fact is Melo is playing 40mpg and Amare around 20mpg, so most of the time Melo has been out there without Amare...unless you are suggesting its a psychological thing with Melo where he can't shoot well with Amare around at all even if Amare is on the bench...lol

But realistically its just a shooting slump, we all knew Melo wasn't going to shoot 45% from 3 all year.

Last year Melo started playing well, as soon as Amare got injured. Literally the next game. The fact is both players never played well together when this team was winning.

I told my friend this season that as soon as Amare comes back Melo's numbers will drop. It looks like I was right.

vCash
    Melo & Amare's tenure together has been very inconsistent... I remember when Melo was first traded here his first year he scored 26ppg on 48% shooting and Amare also averaged 25ppg.

Last year was a mixed bag...Melo played like trash all year with or without Amare until that last month...but Melo had alot of injuries last year as well.

This year we shall see... but I've liked what I'm seeing from the two.

The fact is Melo is playing 40mpg and Amare around 20mpg, so most of the time Melo has been out there without Amare...unless you are suggesting its a psychological thing with Melo where he can't shoot well with Amare around at all even if Amare is on the bench...lol

But realistically its just a shooting slump, we all knew Melo wasn't going to shoot 45% from 3 all year.

double post
    Last edited by knicksfan42; 01-25-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    Last year Melo started playing well, as soon as Amare got injured. Literally the next game. The fact is both players never played well together when this team was winning.

I told my friend this season that as soon as Amare comes back Melo's numbers will drop. It looks like I was right.
    I think that had alot more to do with the fact that Lin went down as too which allowed Melo to control the offense.

Again, Melo averaged 26 on 47% with Amare here his first year... since then they really haven't had any consistency so its hard to judge.

But I have a hard time believing Melo is all of a sudden missing shots just because Amare is around. I don't see Amare getting in Melo's way at all this year, quite the contrary actually.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse2272 View Post
    I say we won cuz K=L was in the thread
    i wasn't in the thread until like midnight, but

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    I think the Americans in general look to deep to the statistics when looking for answers.
    Sometimes you have to see the game instead of just the numbers.

This shooting slump of Melo has nothing to do with Amare. He's missing shots in the same spots, with the same rhythm and with Amare on the bench.

There were times (especially with mike d and without PG) that Amare was hurting Melo's game.
    This time is just Melo.

See the game, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lowkeymelo View Post
    now ??? he was at his best here ...especially those 9 games yo start the season before that heart breaking trade
    Yep and why Mike D benched him in the 8th game of the season, I was there and gave him the nasty look for not playing any defense what so ever.

We were 5-4 and all 5 wins came against teams missing there top player and in some cases multiple players.

Amazing what fans remember but I did a thread on it when the trade happened so its always fresh in my head lol..........

If he played anything like he's done in Atlanta and this yr it would have netted up a much better return.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Amare back has nothing to do with Melo's play. I watch all the games and Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Harden they all have nights when they shoot 5 for 25 or 8 for 30. It's only been like 3 games for Melo and not in a row maybe two. He still comes up big and is the reason the Knicks win and he is looking for and making great passes to Amare and others. He set up so many guys last night with open looks that were missed. Ugly win but Boston is playing terrible with all the talent they have, they are the Lakers of the east. Knicks really didn't play well last night but Melo was the difference.
    Last edited by PJAF; 01-25-2013 at 12:43 PM.

vCash
    The game, my take:

STAT played very well, the fouls I thought a couple were a joke which made his minutes go down.

Melo, anyone blaming STAT is loco.........he missed two easy layups, and elbow shots that when in and out, nothing to do with STAT. He took two end of clock shots that really don't matter so he came back to help us win and played really great down the stretch like a star should.
    Melo having to be point is not his strong suit and his game will change with Felton back.

JR, his shot selection is back to last yr's playoffs and needs to get back to early this yr. Felton will help here.

Chandler- vanish first half once again...........steps up in the second half once again, needs much more production to help us out early on.

Novak..............oh where oh where did your shot go, where are where did it go????

KT, Please never ever touch the court again, your done, finished, the end..........I was all for you from your play last yr but oh how a yr makes a difference in your case. Get K-Mart

Pablo still not impressing me, and we need a back up pg.....

Kidd, great in his role for off guard and hit open threes, welcome back Ray.

Iman, great first half, I'll say tired legs in the second half.
    Last edited by still a fan; 01-25-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Now I can't fly my airplane

vCash
    Our defense is starting to pick up again.

In our last 6 games...

Indiana scored 81 (lost by 5; would've won had Melo not been suspended)
    New Orleans scored 87 (won by 13)
    Detroit scored 87 (won by 15)
    Brooklyn scored 88 (lost by 3)
    Boston scored 86 (won by 3)

Only bad game was Chicago who scored 108 on us.

This is encouraging, because if our defense can stay like this, our offense will greatly improve with the return of Felton, so we'll be winning most of these games.

vCash
    Not blaming STAT necessarily, just pointing out when this shooting slump of Melo's started. Pretty much since STAT has come back.

vCash
    Not blaming STAT necessarily, just pointing out when this shooting slump of Melo's started. Pretty much since STAT has come back.
    Or when he was fasting, which is the reason he got out of rythm. He'll find it again, wait until Felton comes back and Melo doesn't have to handle the ball or ISO so much.

vCash
    Really can't blame Amare at all, Melo has been starting off games cold, and amare isnt even on the floor.

But as far as the game goes, I was pleasantly shocked, i didn't think the team could do it.

They grinded in from the start, very impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    Anyone see how garnet just got up and walked away from post game they brought up the incident with melo?

I swear we don't have true journalists, or reporters in the mainstream.

They're all a bunch of gossip queens.

This really gets under my skin and its the reason why we have people in this country who know more about the Kardashians diet, then they do about current world affairs.
    Amare led the team in rebounds, blocks and FT attempts despite playing only 20 minutes.

this man takes alot of heat, but he's still a top 10 PF and still a very efficient scorer. He needs more shots though. JR last 5 games taking almost 16 shots per game to score 12.4ppg

Amare in those 5 games scoring 12.8ppg on 6.4 shot attempts!

Honestly JR is hurting this team more than helping, he shouldn't be playing 35-40mpg when his shot is so off. The shot distribution doesn't make sense
    I think 3-4 attempts were poor shot attempts. The rest are shots he is forced to take if you take them in context and don't just look at the stat sheet. JR has been our bail out guy the past 2 seasons. It takes a lot of work to get Amare buckets, hes not a guy who's going to take bail out possessions. He just doesn't have the right skill set to get those shots off.

You keep saying 'increase his shot attempts' but fail to mention when the pick and roll isn't there the options to get him a shot attempt diminish greatly. Its not like you can improvise a post up set mid shot clock after running a pick and roll set. And I don't think anyone wants Amare facing up with 5-6 seconds left trying to get a shot off on a stationary defender.

I'm going to back to the Fields argument, I remember you saying the same thing with Fields because he was more efficient than JR that he needed to take more shots, but if you wanted to up his shot attempts you couldn't because he wouldn't be able to get off a shot 1 on 1 against a stationary defender and if he was forced to, he would no longer be efficient.

A lot of the time efficiency correlates to lack of well rounded offensive skills and responsibility more than it does offensive talent.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Melo has been in a slump ever since he hurt his Knee. He has been off more games than on since that game. But like a real super star he is finding a way to help get it done when our team needs him the most.

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think 3-4 attempts were poor shot attempts. The rest are shots he is forced to take if you take them in context and don't just look at the stat sheet. JR has been our bail out guy the past 2 seasons. It takes a lot of work to get Amare buckets, hes not a guy who's going to take bail out possessions. He just doesn't have the right skill set to get those shots off.

You keep saying 'increase his shot attempts' but fail to mention when the pick and roll isn't there the options to get him a shot attempt diminish greatly. Its not like you can improvise a post up set mid shot clock after running a pick and roll set. And I don't think anyone wants Amare facing up with 5-6 seconds left trying to get a shot off on a stationary defender.

I'm going to back to the Fields argument, I remember you saying the same thing with Fields because he was more efficient than JR that he needed to take more shots, but if you wanted to up his shot attempts you couldn't because he wouldn't be able to get off a shot 1 on 1 against a stationary defender and if he was forced to, he would no longer be efficient.

A lot of the time efficiency correlates to lack of well rounded offensive skills and responsibility more than it does offensive talent.
    Pretty good explanation Bro.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........