Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    It's a bad name but no worse than Clippers, Magic, Trailblazers and Bobcats/
    no its much much worse

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Worst name in the NBA easily possibly all of sports.
    49ersssss

vCash
    clippers, magic, trailblazers are all cool names

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    To the people saying the name is bad. Why are you complaining if you heard they wanted to change the name to Nuggets or bobcats you would call it stupid too. I mean imagine if a new team was called the Nuggets if that team didn't already exist. That would be the worst name all it reminds me of is McDonalds

vCash

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    but in all honesty, i thought the bobcats sounded like an NBDL team, and so did the Thunder....

Pelican takes the cake though..although im sure it just takes some getting used to.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    seriously though a nugget playing ball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    no way...the raptor name is easily the worst name in all of sports.

1. raptors have nothing to do with toronto or the game of basketball.
    2. the raptor was a dinosaur in a kids movie that came out over 20 years ago.
    3. atleast pelicans are living & breathing. an extinct dinosaur has no relevence in todays society.
    4.do we really need a 4th reason lol ? seriously
    1. Where the hell does a raptor have anything to do with? Let alone basketball? Why localise it to Toronto.
    2. Do you not think there was ever a dinosaur called a raptor?
    3. Who gives a **** if its extinct? I lke the raptors name, and i like the pelicans name. Worst name is the bobcats. They needa go back to the hornets now
    Beast from South Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfreak View Post
    Mark my words! Sanchez will win MVP and there is nothing Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, or any other QB can do about it!
    Nfl-Dolphins, Nba-Hornets, Nhl-Devils, Mlb-Cardinals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardaway Here View Post
    To the people saying the name is bad. Why are you complaining if you heard they wanted to change the name to Nuggets or bobcats you would call it stupid too. I mean imagine if a new team was called the Nuggets if that team didn't already exist. That would be the worst name all it reminds me of is McDonalds
    Yea because they were named after chicken and not something pretty cool like gold. And the effect the Colorado gold rush had on the economy and populating the state all while making money you can only dream of. Alot more to that name than some retarded looking bird that also took away a name that was much better than it in the first place.
    49ersssss

vCash
    I'm fine with Pelicans. I am not fine with the New Orleans Pelicans. You have to have a ring to your name... The NBA seems to be using the NHL as it's successful business model. Which is a really bad call.

vCash
    Sounds like a NBADL team to me
    NEW
    YORK
    KNICKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleCub View Post
    I'm fine with Pelicans. I am not fine with the New Orleans Pelicans. You have to have a ring to your name... The NBA seems to be using the NHL as it's successful business model. Which is a really bad call.
    This. I can give a **** about the animal. The name does not flow well. Why settle for something that is this disliked? We could have done so much better. The worst part is any shorten version sounds worse than Pelicans. The Pels that's awful!

"Eighteen Twenty-five _______"

vCash
    If they were the Pelicans for years and years and years the name wouldn't be HORRIBLE. But to create a 'new' team you need to add some flash and 'pizazz' to the name and uniforms. Especially a small market that struggles to fill the seats. They are making it embarrassing for people to become NO hoop fans.

But if you think about it, its no worse than 'Orioles' or 'Blue Jays' and nobody says anything about those names because they have been that way forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHoleCub View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't sound right. But I'm sure we will adapt to it and it will sound fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdIsTheWord View Post
    I kinda like the name
    It's not even a bad name. And the logo is badass. People will change their minds.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast