Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    As for all those mid level jobs that no one can fine…they moved overseas thanks to greedy unions, not greedy CEOs. Maybe you should be looking at the party that the unions so strongly support.
    There are any number of further quotes that I could select from the many reactionary ones you have posted in different topics in recent days, to demonstrate why so many 'ordinary' people (i.e. people who are not middle age and white) have turned their backs on your party and will probably never return.

I totally agree with Steelcity that if I had heard you spout **** like this in person I'd be very sorely tempted to smack you in the teeth. It's all poor people's own fault, it's all the fault of the unions. CEOs are the salt of the earth and always want what's best for their employees. If only poor people would work harder, if only they had some 'talent', they'd rise to the top like cream. Dear God, you apparently have no idea how much of a neanderthal views like this make you.

You've been reading too much Ayn Rand, and have been buying into the worst of Faux news disinformation. Your view of people, and of the world at large, and of the direction a modern society should be going in, is warped, reactionary, and extreme by any standards that are seen as 'normal' in the rest of the civilized, western world. Thankfully, I truly believe that your kind are the political dinosaurs of our age, huge bodies, tiny brains, and on the fast track to extinction because you are unable and unwilling to adapt to a rapidly changing world. Unless the people currently controlling the Rep. party wise up very quickly, the same fate awaits the 'GOP'.

vCash

ewing

I was standing in line at a Wendy's a few weeks ago and saw a woman under thirty with three kids pay for four lunches (including ice cream) with an EBT card. She wasn't embarrassed, why should you be????

You see similar scenes in the supermarket. Food is paid for with EBT cards, then the cash they saved is used for the second ring out for the Fritos, Heinnekins and SnoBalls. They're no embarrassed, why should you be????

And, please, don't let your response be that this doesn't happen.
    What is your point? Do you think people who receive food stamps shouldn't be allowed to buy a heinnekin with there own money?

vCash

ewing

I personally don't think raising the min wage should be the thrust of policy directed at helping the underclass however I wouldn't mind hearing some discourse on the effect of a significant raise to the min wage. I do think that we have to start doing a lot lot more job training at the HS level. I'm sure Natepro would fall over at this but i would trade "evolution" in the science room for an automotive program with connections and sponsorship from local dealerships that promise to hire grads. in many schools. I think the most needed thing for people who are stuck in the underclass is to try an revitalize their local economy, create real opportunities straight from HS, and somehow deal with crime (hopefully creating business and jobs does a lot that for you)
    Last edited by ewing; 01-30-2013 at 09:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Well that worst agruement I've ever heard. You pay more. I give more then i feel my logic tells me i should, I'm not getting your 6 dollar a gallon of milk bandwagon though.
    Which is pretty funny since thats a subsidy as well that everyone pays for.

People more and more can't make a living wage and the reason is that everyone from top to bottom demand more for less. You can't really have it both ways. You want your cheap fast food and you don't want to pay for the sucker who takes the job that gets devalued more and more over the years.

You want your cheap labor to build your house but you don't want to pay a US citizen to do the majority of it and be taxed since that hurts your bottom line. Americans talk out both sides of their mouths which is the point. The value of things is ahead of the value of people.

But sure we can subsidies corn crops to make corn syrup for every sweeten food out there in America and then ask the question, "How did I get type 2 diabetes and why does it cost so much for ME to treat".

Everyone pays a cost like or it or not. From illegals demanding health services to you demanding cheap milk from a cow so you can have your sweeten Cherrios. Don't kid yourself you pay for it just inderictly and everyone will pay for having a uneducated devalued public that can't sustain a modest living.

vCash
    When a 5 year old girl is arrested for bringinng a Hello Kitty bubble gun to school and treated like a terrorist, our country is severely messed up. There was a 12 year old yesterday was arrested and detained for bringing a nerf gun to school. These school administrators have mentalities of 9 year olds.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerlive View Post
    Which is pretty funny since thats a subsidy as well that everyone pays for.

People more and more can't make a living wage and the reason is that everyone from top to bottom demand more for less. You can't really have it both ways. You want your cheap fast food and you don't want to pay for the sucker who takes the job that gets devalued more and more over the years.

You want your cheap labor to build your house but you don't want to pay a US citizen to do the majority of it and be taxed since that hurts your bottom line. Americans talk out both sides of their mouths which is the point. The value of things is ahead of the value of people.

But sure we can subsidies corn crops to make corn syrup for every sweeten food out there in America and then ask the question, "How did I get type 2 diabetes and why does it cost so much for ME to treat".

Everyone pays a cost like or it or not. From illegals demanding health services to you demanding cheap milk from a cow so you can have your sweeten Cherrios. Don't kid yourself you pay for it just inderictly and everyone will pay for having a uneducated devalued public that can't sustain a modest living.

Really, i didn't realize i even had input. I'll go back to what I originally responded to. You said "cant we all just pay more for food so they can raise the min wage"? My answer is no. We cant all do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    When a 5 year old girl is arrested for bringinng a Hello Kitty bubble gun to school and treated like a terrorist, our country is severely messed up. There was a 12 year old yesterday was arrested and detained for bringing a nerf gun to school. These school administrators have mentalities of 9 year olds.
    It's beyond Orwellian...

The "War on Terrorism", a tactic, (not a clearly defined enemy), has had all sorts of detrimental affects to this country. Enormous debt, extreme spending, a fear-based culture, violation of constitutional rights, wars of aggression, torture, et cetera.

All for something with ridiculously low probabilities in this country. You are twice as likely to be killed by your own furniture than a terrorist, ans 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning. These policies are destroying our country and absolutely demostrate us having our priorities mixed up.

vCash
    What is your point? Do you think people who receive food stamps shouldn't be allowed to buy a heinnekin with there own money?
    I can't tell here if you are yanking my crank or do you really miss the point so I spell it out for you.

The fact that people have and use food stamps allows them to have other money available for Heinnekin and Twinkies.

Oops no Twinkies, make that Fritos. The unions killed Twikies.

vCash
    I can't tell here if you are yanking my crank or do you really miss the point so I spell it out for you.

The fact that people have and use food stamps allows them to have other money available for Heinnekin and Twinkies.

Oops no Twinkies, make that Fritos. The unions killed Twikies.
    First, and for accuracy sake, Twinkies were not killed, they are just taking a vacation. They will be back this year.

Second, it was the management of Hostess, that put no money back into the company, mismanaged it beyond belief, but were able to get concessions after concession from the unions, and in the end, pocketed a huge profit that killed the company.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    There are any number of further quotes that I could select from the many reactionary ones you have posted in different topics in recent days, to demonstrate why so many 'ordinary' people (i.e. people who are not middle age and white) have turned their backs on your party and will probably never return.

I totally agree with Steelcity that if I had heard you spout **** like this in person I'd be very sorely tempted to smack you in the teeth. It's all poor people's own fault, it's all the fault of the unions. CEOs are the salt of the earth and always want what's best for their employees. If only poor people would work harder, if only they had some 'talent', they'd rise to the top like cream. Dear God, you apparently have no idea how much of a neanderthal views like this make you.

You've been reading too much Ayn Rand, and have been buying into the worst of Faux news disinformation. Your view of people, and of the world at large, and of the direction a modern society should be going in, is warped, reactionary, and extreme by any standards that are seen as 'normal' in the rest of the civilized, western world. Thankfully, I truly believe that your kind are the political dinosaurs of our age, huge bodies, tiny brains, and on the fast track to extinction because you are unable and unwilling to adapt to a rapidly changing world. Unless the people currently controlling the Rep. party wise up very quickly, the same fate awaits the 'GOP'.
    Show me where I said CEOs are the salt of the earth. I believe I mentioned in one post that many are over paid.

And yes, in a lot of cases, I believe the poor do very little to improve their standing.

The wealthy class creates more wealth and opportunity for society as a whole. The poor create nothing. It is to everyone's advantage to raise the poor up…but they have to make an effort on their own behalf and many do not. The sit back and wait for help.

There are really three types of people: one group (the rich) add to society. They earn and spend money, create jobs, innovate and generally move society forward. Society is weaker without them. Society grows with them.

A second group (probably about 75% of us) are a societal wash. We work, we earn and we live our lives without help within what we earn. If this group isn't there, there is no effect on society.

The third group is the poor. The do little and create nothing. The require resources from others just to sustain themselves. Resources that could be better used elsewhere. They act as a drag on society and society would be stronger without them. It is to all of out benefits to raise them up and not just to keep paying them off.

The wealthy are income, the poor an expense. It's just that simple.

And by the way, what do you do to help.

vCash
    Filthy poor people want beer to help them forget how ********* their plebe lives are? Not on my f***ing watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    First, and for accuracy sake, Twinkies were not killed, they are just taking a vacation. They will be back this year.

Second, it was the management of Hostess, that put no money back into the company, mismanaged it beyond belief, but were able to get concessions after concession from the unions, and in the end, pocketed a huge profit that killed the company.
    The truck that delivers Wonder Bread could not deliver Twinkies of Cup Cakes even though the were going to the same place. These were union rules. There were other labor inconsistencies that made operating expensive. MAnagement had their problems too but many times bad decisions were forced upon them by union.

Have you ever belonged to a union????. I've been in two and working with these guys is unreal. I've never done less work in my life than when I was in a union.

vCash
    There are really three types of people: one group (the rich) add to society. They earn and spend money, create jobs, innovate and generally move society forward. Society is weaker without them. Society grows with them.

A second group (probably about 75% of us) are a societal wash. We work, we earn and we live our lives without help within what we earn. If this group isn't there, there is no effect on society.
    No, it's the middle class that creates demand and keeps things moving. But nice try at rich people hero worship. Maybe they'll let you be their house man one day.

vCash
    I personally don't think raising the min wage should be the thrust of policy directed at helping the underclass however I wouldn't mind hearing some discourse on the effect of a significant raise to the min wage. I do think that we have to start doing a lot lot more job training at the HS level. I'm sure Natepro would fall over at this but i would trade "evolution" in the science room for an automotive program with connections and sponsorship from local dealerships that promise to hire grads. in many schools. I think the most needed thing for people who are stuck in the underclass is to try an revitalize their local economy, create real opportunities straight from HS, and somehow deal with crime (hopefully creating business and jobs does a lot that for you)
    I have a relative who works in a very "well to do" school in Westchester NY. I also deal with an "exclusive college preparatory school" in Tampa. In both of the high end schools, the kids parents would be devastated if little Caleb or Hannah wanted to be a carpenter, plumber, electrician etc. Their kids will go to college whether they are college material or not.

Way too many people look down on the blue collar worker and there are some great jobs in the blue collar field. We have plenty of lawyer, consultants and special ed therapists. We need tons of plumbers, electricians etc. Those are excellent, good paying jobs and take a huge amount of talent to be good at it. At the high levels of those fields they are extremely interesting and challenging.

Schools short change their students by not playing up the idea of going to trade schools. Not everyone is typical college material.

vCash
    Why the dislike for successful people???? I don't get that.

Do you aspire to be poor???? It's really pretty easy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast