Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do we, as a nation, have our priorities mixed up?

just sayin'

1. THE DEFICIT. instead of focusing on our recovering, yet still vulnerable economy, the talk is Washington is our deficit. sure the deficit is a problem but it's a problem that would not have any consequence until God knows when. no one knows at what dollar amount is the "tipping point." instead of worrying a problem that's not a problem yet, let's focus on a problem that IS a problem now...OUR ECONOMY....and by economy, i also mean inflation, rising cost of living, the shrinking Middle Class, and the expanding gap between the rich and the poor.

2. THE TERRORISTS. let's be honest here...they're a threat to us only in unstable Middle Eastern countries like Yemen and Afghanistan. Get the hell out of those countries and we're fine. They're not a threat to us here in the continental United States. What is an immediate threat to us here in the continental United States are the drug cartels. As our neighbors south of the border falters, the drug cartels expands their influence and market here in the United States. let's focus on our an actual threat and assist our neighbor in the South in their war against the drug cartels before the drug cartels become too big of a problem. and believe me...fighting against the drug cartels won't be like fighting against the mafia in NYC, Chicago, and Vegas. These guys are a million times more ruthless.

3. FOREIGN POLICY. again, we're too focused on the middle east. and while we get bogged down in the Middle East, China expands its influence into Africa and the Pacific. Their growth is virtually uncheck. We need to focus on containing China...who has the potential to be more of a problem than any Islamist or Middle Eastern country will ever be. No, we don't need to station more troops there but we should expand economic ties with African and Pacific nations so China's growing power/influence won't be unchecked.

3. RELIGION AND EDUCATION. seriously...why's the government involved with religion? religion is strictly an individual's choice...it's not the government's role to govern an individuals personal believes. while we squabble over creationism vs evolution, America's education system continues to fail as we slip past other industrialized nation in science and math.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 01-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    care to elaborate?
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Yes.

EBOLA EBOLA EBOLA

vCash
    Great points all-around.

1. Neither party has any serious plans to make the significant cuts that will help the majority of Americans. There are loyalties to corporations, donors, and party. Nevermind that both parties can't even agree on the simplest of policies, like healthcare for 9/11 first responders, or hurricane aid for Sandy victims.

2. Terrorism in the United States is now an overblown tool for fear-mongering, limitless empire-spending, and for taking away our rights as U.S. citizens. You're twice as likely to die from your own furniture than a terrorist, and 6 times as likely to be struck by lightning. However it is a useful tool for government to do basically whatever it wants.

3. To me, this is the most important issue. It affects everything...our economy, safety, and future as a country. The machine is too big, and it's only bringing this country further down a dark road to collapse. We are currently building a military presense around China, while they hold over 1 trillion of our debt and can seriously hurt own economy in ways we may forget. Overall, we need to shift away from an empire.

4. Education is huge, yet its quality continues to decline since the 40s and 50s. I'm sick of reading stories where teachers are forced to buy their own supplies, and there is not enough money for textbooks in many schools. The quality of the subject matter is also a disgrace. Now we're seeing a more and more ignorant population, which knows little math, history, and even geography. Education is the best lever out of poverty, and our system is a complete travesty.

*Far too often the focus is on wedge issues, rather than the most pressing issues that neither party wants to change, or either party has any idea to fix. So they want to keep the populace distracted, dumbed down, and split in half while arguing with one another. Meanwhile, it's just business as usual and most of our policies never change(no matter which party is in power).

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I guess I'm confused as well

vCash
    Excellent points, Schmooze. I can't for the life of me understand why both you and the OP have attracted a facepalm response and nothing else.

While I wouldn't go down the full on libertarian path, I certainly understand the feeling that many have about central government having become too big in the wrong ways. I have no hopes that both parties will ever 'come to their senses' and enable something approaching sensible governance to take place again, since both are thoroughly corrupted by corporate money and by insidious groups like the NRA, who simply should not be involved in the political process at all, never mind buying politicians the way they have been doing for decades now. The US, sadly, has got the political system it deserves.

I totally accept the criticism of today's educational system, in particular when I see how many posters here on PSD, and also on other forums that I frequent, can't spell simple words, or construct sentences that actually make sense. Being able to write correct, basic, understandable English is clearly becoming something of a lost art form in the age of textspeak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Excellent points, Schmooze. I can't for the life of me understand why both you and the OP have attracted a facepalm response and nothing else.

While I wouldn't go down the full on libertarian path, I certainly understand the feeling that many have about central government having become too big in the wrong ways. I have no hopes that both parties will ever 'come to their senses' and enable something approaching sensible governance to take place again, since both are thoroughly corrupted by corporate money and by insidious groups like the NRA, who simply should not be involved in the political process at all, never mind buying politicians the way they have been doing for decades now. The US, sadly, has got the political system it deserves.

I totally accept the criticism of today's educational system, in particular when I see how many posters here on PSD, and also on other forums that I frequent, can't spell simple words, or construct sentences that actually make sense. Being able to write correct, basic, understandable English is clearly becoming something of a lost art form in the age of textspeak.
    There was another thread a month or two ago with a similar or the same name, but this OP breaks it down with 4 points so I don't get it. I thought I wandered into the GD Forum for a minute...

Personally, I adhere to many libertarian beliefs, however I feel that government is needed to keep the corporations and others in power in line. I don't know if it will ever change, b/c too much of the populace is dumbed down, distracted, and ignorant to the reality.

As for spelling errors, I can't comment. I'm usually a good speller but often make mistake son PSD haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    There was another thread a month or two ago with a similar or the same name, but this OP breaks it down with 4 points so I don't get it. I thought I wandered into the GD Forum for a minute...

Personally, I adhere to many libertarian beliefs, however I feel that government is needed to keep the corporations and others in power in line. I don't know if it will ever change, b/c too much of the populace is dumbed down, distracted, and ignorant to the reality.

As for spelling errors, I can't comment. I'm usually a good speller but often make mistake son PSD haha
    oh i didn't know we had the same thread before this thread the result of a few random thoughts i had after watching the movie called "End of Watch" the movie had drug cartels in it which led me to think about the situation in mexico which led me to wondering why our government isn't helping Mexico which led me to conclude one of the reasons we're not helping them is probably because we're too engrossed in our anti-terrorism efforts which led me to thinking about how drug cartels are more of a threat to us than terrorism which led me to realize how messed up our priorities are

sorry for the run on AmsterNat. i'm on the internet so i type like how i talk. i don't bother with grammar when i'm on the internet. but trust me, i double and quadruple check my grammar and spelling whenever i write professional emails and memos for work
    Last edited by FOBolous; 01-23-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

vCash
    We dont help Mexico with the drug cartels(as much as we would need to to change things) because drug trafficing sells a lot of guns and provides a lot of jobs for Police,prosecutors,POs,jailers,It isnt by accident or a out of balance priority, it is intentional.
    this is why many South American Countries are fed up with paying price in blood for our love afair with demonizing drug users for getting caught doing what EVERYBODY seems to be doing.

those of you who never drink or smoke pot, thats cool, Im not dissing you, but many,many wealthy "elite" people get pharmaceuticals by perscription for any damn thing they want to feel, for any damn reason they want to feel it.

Columbia has decriminalized the possession of drugs for personal consumption, other countries are looking into doing the same.Mexico has started considering removing trafficing laws.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    I am no political expert, but I will respond:

The Economy-- Let's be honest, the only real problem with the economy is actual paying jobs. People say, "Oh there are no jobs out there." There are jobs out there, IF you believe that $7.25 or $8.00 per hour is something that you can make a living on. You want to get people back to work; make it worth their while to go back to work with a legitimate wage. Why go back to work for $250 per week (after taxes and what not) when you can stay home, collect unemployment and make more money? I think people are spending; it may not be as much as they used to, but people are spending money. I am a firm believer that in terms of the economy, the one thing that really needs to be done is getting rid of all these "Illegals." Also, someone making $250,000 is NOT Middle Class Barack Obama. I am sorry to tell you. If you are making $250,000 per year, you are living VERY WELL!!!!!!

Terrorism-- It is one of those things that will NEVER go away. You aren't getting rid of it no matter how hard you try and it is a "war" that the United States is NEVER going to win.

Foreign Policy-- I think we spend too much money and too much time in foreign places. Democracy is NOT for everyone. If the Middle East wants to blow each other up, let 'em. I don't think we need to be isolated, but in many regards I believed a bunch of what Ron Paul said on this issue.

Finally, when the American people realize these idiots in Washington don't care about us and only care about spending money at our expense, the better off we will be. You aren't going to change them.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    On education.

I suggest everyone watch 'waiting for superman' on netflix.

quite good

vCash
    And the only people who can become politicians are the people that are willing to plan the game and get there.

It's not a service industry like it should be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I am no political expert, but I will respond:

The Economy-- Let's be honest, the only real problem with the economy is actual paying jobs. People say, "Oh there are no jobs out there." There are jobs out there, IF you believe that $7.25 or $8.00 per hour is something that you can make a living on. You want to get people back to work; make it worth their while to go back to work with a legitimate wage.
    Apropos, check this out.

http://www.upworthy.com/scary-fact-3...ers-have?c=bl3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast